Pokémon Let's GO Pikachu and Pokémon Let's GO Eevee

~British Soul~

The Nintendo Switch games have finally been announced. These games a Pokémon Let's GO Pikachu and Pokémon Let's GO Eevee and are set in the original Kanto Region in the first new release in the region since 2009's HeartGold & SoulSilver. These games feature co-op locally as well as a new device like a Poké Ball called the Poké Ball Plus that lets you take your Pokémon around with you in Pokémon GO. You can also send your Pokémon from GO to Pokémon GO Park to get them in Pokémon Let's GO Pikachu & Eevee. It is out November 16th.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is pretty awesome. The game looks great, and I like the action command sort of thing they've got going with throwing the Pokeball. Don't realy care about co-op or connecting with GO, but I'll enjoy Kanto again. I wonder if it'll include all the stuff added from FRLG, or maybe have entirely new areas. I wonder what the story is, because there's still Team Rocket and Mewtwo and all that, but the protagonists aren't Red and Leaf.

A shame this isn't the full on new Gen VIII stuff, but it's a great way to show off how I'm assuming it'll look and play. At least there'll be at least one new Pokemon.

EDIT: Apparently it's a spin-off, that's what people are saying, I didn't even think about that. Feels closer to a remake to me.

Really liking how this looks. I'll leaning more towards the Eevee version, and I don't think we've necessarily had a remake that splits the original game in two? More like HGSS and ORAS taking elements from Crystal and Emerald respectively, but otherwise this is the perfect opportunity to expand GameFreak's apparent efforts to put Eevee on equal standing with Pikachu.

And I'm glad of glad that this seems to be making Go into the "secondary" game by hindsight? With how well the Switch is doing, and Nintendo wants synergy between the Switch and smartphones, this seems like it's a more advanced form of Go, rather than "DLC" or whatever. The main purpose of the PokeBall Plus seems to position Let's Go as the "final destination" for Pokemon from Go.

As a giant Pokemon fan Go! had zero impact on me. This is basically Go! but in the games themselves. That does increase my interest, but I'll wait for more info before I pass any judgement. So long as it can stand on its own I should be ok with it. Worse comes to worse it is just a spinoff.

The new Pokemon is almost for sure a new Eeveelution. You don't make on of the faces Eevee and tease a new Pokemon and not do that. Plus, good old even Gen rule.

I also find it interesting that you can see wild Pokemon and you run into them to start battles, it's not just random encounters. I've always wondered how Pokemon would work with that sort of system since I've always liked it in other RPGs.

I'll probably get Eevee, since I'm assuming you'll still be able to catch Pikachu in Viridian Forest if you really want one. I just hope the Pokemon GO connectivity isn't too significant (I never played it and have no interest in doing so), it's hard to know for sure from this trailer but it doesn't seem like it's all that much aside from some bonuses and stuff (it depends on how much that Park thing can get you), and I'm fine with it just being more or less a Kanto remake if you don't use GO with it.

Also, with that Pokeball controller, how long till someone uses it to beat Dark Souls?

It's been confirmed there are no actual battles with wild Pokemon, just capturing.

Hm, that is pretty lame actually. I just assumed that them running into wild Pokemon and capturing them would include the battling. How is one supposed to level grind if they want with no wild Pokemon battles, unless they have a way to rematch trainers. Granted, nowadays you get exp for catching Pokemon, but that seems like an inefficient way to level.

I'll probably get Eevee, since I'm assuming you'll still be able to catch Pikachu in Viridian Forest if you really want one.

You really think that of a Yellow remake? Well, impossible to really tell for sure, but you could also transfer from Go, so I guess why limit it anymore?

It's possible that the gym leaders could have new designs altogether. For example, Professor Oak is wearing a different colour shirt to the ones he has worn in his other appearances in the game.

Since this is a Yellow remake, I wonder if you'll be able to evolve your starter.

That's a good question. I'd probs say no as the trailer shown that you can have Pikachu and Eevee wear clothes. 

This is pretty awesome. The game looks great, and I like the action command sort of thing they've got going with throwing the Pokeball. Don't realy care about co-op or connecting with GO, but I'll enjoy Kanto again. I wonder if it'll include all the stuff added from FRLG, or maybe have entirely new areas. I wonder what the story is, because there's still Team Rocket and Mewtwo and all that, but the protagonists aren't Red and Leaf.

A shame this isn't the full on new Gen VIII stuff, but it's a great way to show off how I'm assuming it'll look and play. At least there'll be at least one new Pokemon.

EDIT: Apparently it's a spin-off, that's what people are saying, I didn't even think about that. Feels closer to a remake to me.

We already know it's not a remake, it does not include wild Pokémon battles outside of catching things and according to Serebii, Red and Blue are set to make an appearance in the S/M designs. We can already see that this is a heavily simplified game from previous entries and if it was outright labelled a remake the backlash would be so immense that it would bomb horribly on release.

Basically "Pokémon Go Sit on your couch".

That's a good question. I'd probs say no as the trailer shown that you can have Pikachu and Eevee wear clothes.

With Pikachu and Eevee being the focal Pokemon I can totally see them being evolution locked. That being said, assuming the new Pokemon is an Eeveelution it is weird to evolution lock Eevee.

We already know it's not a remake, it does not include wild Pokémon battles outside of catching things and according to Serebii, Red and Blue are set to make an appearance in the S/M designs. We can already see that this is a heavily simplified game from previous entries and if it was outright labelled a remake the backlash would be so immense that it would bomb horribly on release.

Basically "Pokémon Go Sit on your couch".

Really, when did they say that? Would be SUPER interesting if true since that would mean the games take place 8-10 years after RBY. When Astro asked what people would look like I was going to say the classic designs since the HG/SS ones wouldn't exist given when Yellow takes place, but that would totally upend everything.

With Pikachu and Eevee being the focal Pokemon I can totally see them being evolution locked. That being said, assuming the new Pokemon is an Eeveelution it is weird to evolution lock Eevee.

I can also see them being evo locked as well. Though I assume this mystery new pokemon is a mythical if it true that Pikachu and Eevee are evo locked. 

Really, when did they say that? Would be SUPER interesting if true since that would mean the games take place 8-10 years after RBY. When Astro asked what people would look like I was going to say the classic designs since the HG/SS ones wouldn't exist given when Yellow takes place, but that would totally upend everything.

Red/Blue are in their 20's in Sun/Moon.

Gen 1/3: 10

Gen 2/4: 13

Gen 5: 15

Gen 5.5: 17

Gen 6: 18???

Su/Mo: ten years after everything else

These are NOT remakes at all.

Archived