The Divine Beast Archetype

ricky ricketz

Hello everyone, I just recently joined the forums and I really want to get to know the community here. I will do my best to follow the rules, but if I screw up don't hesitate to call me out. Anyway enough about me let's get started to my first ever post. 

Remember the first time you've seen the Egyptian God cards? How they were depicted to be the most powerful cards in the entire game and how pivotal they were to the story? As a kid I always dreamed of getting them into my collection, but my family could never afford to get cards so I was forced to get them from my local ice cream man. Apparently ice cream men also doubled as card sellers? I remember getting them in the Yugioh World Championship 2008 game for DS and summoned Slifer for the first time and all of its poorly 3D rendered glory. It was awesome!.........Then later duels my hand would brick faster than an Ojama + Dark World deck. And when I do summon them and trying to summon the other 2, my first god card would be destroyed the next turn. 

That's when I realized that they aren't invincible and weren't very reliable. So I'm dedicating to making a new archetype as actual support for the god cards. Before I can even begin with the archetype, I want to see how my first line of ideas look. This is my first time ever doing this so there might be balancing issues and I'm not all too good with the clauses so any help would be nice. This new archetype is based around the Divine-Beast type monsters and is a rank 10 engine with a Link monster for further support. The deck would focus on searching out tributes for the god cards and making the god cards not clog up your hand. I also will take some liberties in making other Divine type monsters as I'm planning on making the retrains of the god cards and other level ten god cards for the Egyptian mythology to summon the actual Gods of Egypt as they are rank 10 monsters. Here are my first three cards as retrains of our beloved god cards. 

Osiris's Divine Beast of the Sky

Level 10

Divine

Divine-Beast

Effect

?/?  

Destroy 3 monsters from either your side of the field and/or from your hand to Special Summon this card from the hand. This card's summon cannot be negated. When summoned, card effects cannot be activated until the opponent's turn. This card cannot be destroyed by card effects and your opponent cannot use this card as tribute. This card gains 1000 ATK and DEF for each card in your hand. Once per turn during either player's turn: Whenever a monster is summoned to the opponent's side of the field, negate the summon and destroy it. If the destroyed monster activates its effect in the GY, negate it. Once per turn: you can Special Summon this card, but its effects are negated. If this card was sent to the GY, you can add one card from either the Deck or GY to the Hand, except for a "DIvine Beast" monster.

The Pharoah's Divine Beast of the Pyramids

Level 10

Divine

Divine-Beast

Effect

4000/4000

Destroy 3 monsters from either your side of the field and/or hand to Special Summon this card from the hand. This card's Summon cannot be negated. When summoned, card effects cannot be activated. This card cannot be destroyed by card effects and your opponent cannot use this card as tribute. Once per turn during your Main Phase: Tribute 2 monsters; destroy all cards your opponent controls and inflict 4000 LP to the opponent, however you cannot conduct your Battle Phase. Spell and Trap cards that were destroyed by this effect cannot activate their effects in the GY. Once per turn during the Main Phase: You can Special Summon this card from the GY, but its effects are negated and its original ATK and DEF becomes 0. If this card is in your GY, you can add one card from either from the Deck or GY to the Hand, except for "Divine Beast" monster.

Ra's Winged Divine Beast of Heliopolis

Level 10

Divine 

Divine-Beast

Effect

?/?

Destroy 3 monsters from either your side of the field and/or from your hand to Special Summon this card from the hand. This card's Summon cannot be negated. When Summoned, card effects cannot be activated. This card cannot be destroyed by card effects or be used as tribute by your opponent. This card gains ATK and DEF equal to the difference between your LP and your opponent's. Once per turn: You can destroy one card on the field and if you do, banish it face-down. Your opponent cannot respond to this effect. When this card is sent to the GY, you can add one card from either the Deck or GY to the hand, except for a "Divine Beast" monster. Once per turn during your Main Phase, you can Special Summon this card from the GY, but its effects are negated.

Archived