(Written) Magical Transverse Gemstones (M.T.G.)

Slow the game down and make it more like MTG.

Magical Transverse Gemstones (M.T.G.): Continuous Spell Card

When this card is activated: Special Summon 1 "Rainbow Mana Token" (Rock/LIGHT/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0) in Defense Position. Neither player can Normal or Special Summon level 4 or lower monster(s) unless they tribute "Rainbow Mana Token(s)" they control equal the monster's Level. During the End Phase of the turn this card was activated; Special Summon 1 "Rainbow Mana Token" (Rock/LIGHT/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0) in Defense Position to your opponent's side of the field. During each player's Standby Phase; Special Summon "Rainbow Mana Token(s)" (Rock/LIGHT/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0) in Defense Position to the turn player's side of the field equal to up to the number of "Rainbow Mana Token(s)" on the field minus 1. During your Opponent's End Phase, your opponent can discard 2 cards to destroy this card. You can only activate each effect of "Magical Transverse Gemstones" once per turn.

I understand the intention. But i dont think this card will do it. 1st its unnecessarily limit low level monster play (even on "protect castle" type monster like Bujins) on the level thats way too slow and stagnanted (even MTG can amp up its tempo by playing more lands). And the tokens still can be use for link ladder which already become part of the speed this card supposedly slow upon. The opponent self discard trigger being the final nail of the coffin

So you're blocking my level 4 or lower game. Explain why I would tribute up to 4 tokens to summon a level 4 when I could drop 2 and summon summon something like Blue-Eyes? Or maybe drop 3 and summon something Obelisk or Slifer since I don't have to use any of my own cards? Just saying, this card is blocking the wrong end of the spectrum.

Archived