Eldritch Abominations & Co.

This is an archetype based on ritual, pendulum, links (now I have made peace with the idea that they exist so I made some link support for this archetype) and maybe some other Extra Deck monsters in the future.

They are based around "Eldritch" stuff and (as always) I don't know where the original artwork comes from.

But here they are, with their unglorious on-field and off-field effects.

[spoiler=Effect Monsters (6)]iYn2cqs.jpg
Effect: When this card is destroyed by battle: place an "Infection" counter on the monster that destroyed it. Once per turn, you can tribute this card and special summon one level 5 or lower "Eldritch" monster from your deck, but it's effect are negate until the End Phase. When this card is destroyed by battle or by a card's effect: target one card on your opponent's side of the field, and if you do, destroy it.

XVRbnee.jpg
Effect: When this card is destroyed by battle: place an "Infection" counter on the monster that destroyed it. You can tribute this card, look at your opponent's hand, then select one card from it and destroy it. You can't conduct your battle phase the turn you activate this effect. You can only activate this effect of "Eldritch Overseer" only once per turn. When this card is normal summoned, add one "Eldritch" card from your deck to your hand.

xKpHeVd.jpg
Effect: When this card is destroyed by battle: place an "Infection" counter on the monster that destroyed it. When another "Eldritch" monster would be destroyed by a card's effect, destroy this card instead. When this card is sent the graveyard: you can target up to 2 "Eldritch" cards, shuffle them into the deck.

54zLzna.jpg
Effect: This card has to attack, if possible. When this card is destroyed by battle: place an "Infection" counter on the monster that destroyed it. When this card is face-up on the field, your opponent can't set monsters. If this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the graveyard: special summon one "Eldritch Howler" from your deck or hand.

eEZyMST.jpg
Effect:If this card destroys a monster by battle, equip that monster to this card. This card gains half the equpped monster's Atk, Def and level. If this card would be destroyed or banished: destroy the equipped monster instead (There can be only one monster equipped to this card by this effect at a time). If this card is destroyed by battle or card effect: you can special summon one level 4 or lower "Eldritch" monster, but destroy it during the End Phase.

sc1p83J.jpg
Effect: This card can't be used as a tribute. When this card is normal summoned, target two level 4 or lower "Eldritch" monsters in your GY: special summon them, but destroy them during your opponent's End Phase. When this card is destroyed by battle or by a card effect: special summon two "Eldritch Tokens (Dark/Fiend/Level 4/1400Atk/1200Def)".

[spoiler=Pendulum Monsters (2)]

5rX6GcU.jpg

Normal Effect: When thid card is normal or special summoned: add one "Eldritch" Ritual Spell from your deck to your hand. If this card is sent to the graveyard during your opponent's turn, you can add one "Eldritch" Ritual Spell card from your deck to your hand.

Pendulum Effect: You can only pendulum summon "Eldritch" Monsters. This effect can't be negated. When this card is placed in one of your Pendulum Zones, you can add one "Eldritch" monster from your deck to your hand, except Ritual monsters. You can Ritual summon using this card in your Pendulum Zone, but you have to also use at least one "Eldritch Messenger" from anywhere on your side of the field.

mSiR3nK.jpg

Normal Effect: When this card is destroyed by battle: place an "Infection" counter on the monster that destroyed it. You can tribute this card: special summon one level 5 or lower "Eldritch" monster or set one "Eldritch" Spell/Trap card from your deck. When this card is sent to the graveyard by other card effects: add one "Eldritch Overlord" from your deck to your hand.

Pendulum Effect: You can only pendulum summon "Eldritch" Monsters. This effect can't be negated. When this card is placed in one of your Pendulum Zones, you can add one "Eldritch" Spell/Trap from your deck to your hand, except Ritual and Field spells. You can Ritual summon using this card in your Pendulum Zone, but you have to also use at least one "Eldritch Summoner" from anywhere on your side of the field.

[spoiler=Ritual Monsters (3)]

icideSt.jpg

Effect:This card can only be summoned by an "Eldritch" ritual spell card's effect. This card can't be tributed. Once per turn, you can:

-change the battle position of one of one of your opponent's monsters and make their Atk or Def (The one that's higher, in case of a tie, you decide) become 0.
-discard one card, take control of one of your opponent's monsters and destroy it during the end phase.
You can only activate one of these effects of "Xo'Gath, The Willbreaker" once per turn. 
(This card is always treated as a "Eldritch" and "Eldritch Overlord" monster).

PkAXzr4.jpg

Effect:This card can only be summoned by an "Eldritch" ritual spell card's effect. This card can't be tributed. This card can't be destroyed by battle when other "Eldritch" monsters are face up on the field. All non-Dark monsters can't target with their effects other "Eldritch" monsters. Once per (This card is always treated as a "Eldritch" and "Eldritch Overlord" monster).

1YD9mUO.jpg

Effect:This card can only be summoned by an "Eldritch" ritual spell card's effect. This card can't be tributed. When this card is special summoned from youe hand, pay 1500 or destroy all other card on your side of the field. Once per turn, you can banish all "Eldritch" monsters in your graveyard, then banish all monsters on your opponent's side of the field. This card gains Atk equal to the combined levels/ranks of the monsters banished by this card's effects x300. All monsters banished by this effect return in their respective players' graveyards during your next Stanby Phase. All monsters that this card destroys by battle are banished instead. (This card is always treated as a "Eldritch" and "Eldritch Overlord" monster).

[spoiler=Extra Deck Monsters (2)]

i9JhaSr.png

2 Fiend monsters

Effect: This card's name becomes "Eldritch Summoner" when it is on the field. Once per turn, if one of your "Eldritch" monsters is sent to the graveyard: draw one card. When this card leaves the field: you can discard one card, then special summon one "Eldritch" monster from your hand.

TakKe9S.png

2+ Fiend monsters

Effect: This card's name becomes "Eldritch Summoner" when it is on the field. Once per turn: you can summon one Extra Deck monster in one Normal Monster Zone adjacent to "Eldritch Overlord" monsters that this card points to. If one of your "Eldritch" monsters leaves the field: draw one card. When this card leaves the field: you can discard one card, then special summon up to two "Eldritch" monsters from your hand or graveyard.

[spoiler=Spell Cards (5)]yCG9zej.jpg
Effect: Once per turn, you can normal summon another "Eldritch" monster in addition to your normal summon/set. Once per turn, when a "Eldritch" monster would be destroyed by battle or by card effect, you can discard one card instead. "Eldritch" monsters can only be tributed for the normal summon of "Eldritch" monsters. If you Ritual Summon one "Eldritch Overlord" monster, you can use also monsters with "Infection" counters on them. During the End Phase, if you don't have any other card on the field other than this card, destroy this card.

ln6SeOV.jpg

Effect: Once per turn, you can tribute any number of "Eldritch" monsters, then special summon one "Eldritch Overlord" Ritual monster from your hand with a level equal or lower than the combined levels of the tributed monsters. This card gains the following effects if there is a "Eldritch Summoner" on the field when it's activated: -This card's effects can't be negated. The monster summoned by this card's effect can't be targeted by cards effects the turn in which it was summoned. 

gcLGbd4.jpg

Effect: Once per turn, you can discard one card, then special summon one "Eldritch" monster from your deck. If you control no monsters: you can special summon this card as a  monster in defence position (level 8/Dark/Fiend/Effect/Atk 0/Def 2800), but banish it when it leaves the field. It can't attack and gains the following effect: -This card can be used as two tributes for the tribute summon of an "Eldritch" monster. You can activate only one of the effects of "Eldritch Carrier" once per turn.

bshQmKC.jpg

Effect: This card can't be activated if you don't control a field spell. Once per turn, you can tribute one "Eldritch" monster from everywhere on the field: add one "Eldritch" Spell/Trap card from your Graveyard or deck to your hand. This card can't be targeted by card effects when you control another face-up "Eldritch" Spell/Trap, except Field Spells. There can only be one "Eldritch Sphere" face-up on the field.

wzMEU8q.jpg

Effect: You can only activate this card by banishing one "Eldritch" Pendulum monster from your side of the field or Graveyard. When this card is on the field, all "Eldritch Overlord" monsters can't be destroyed by cards effects. This card's activation can't be negated if there is one or more "Eldritch Overlord" on the field. During your Standby Phase,  pay 500 Lp or destroy this card.

[spoiler=Trap Cards (2)]

FK68QTJ.jpg

Effect: Once per turn, when a "Eldritch" monster would be destroyed, you can special summon another "Eldritch" monster with a level lower than that of the destroyed monster from your deck. You can only activate this card's effects if there is a Field Spell active on the field. You can activate the effect of "Eldritch Sprout" only once per turn.

qUhm2DH.jpg

Effect: When you control no monsters, if an opponent's monsters declares a direct attack: special summon one "Eldritch" effect monster in defence position. It can't change its battle position and it can't be destroyed by battle the turn it is summoned. If "Eldritch Assault Fortress" is active on the field, once per turn, you can banish this card from your graveyard: add one "Eldritch" monster to your hand from your graveyard. You can activate each effect of "Eldritch Arrival" only once per turn.

Any criticism is welcome.

• 2 weeks later...

These cards are sick bro!
i love the dark gloomy theme and i have a soft spot for archetypes that use counters (my Hellspawn archetype use counters too).
the only question i have is if the counters do anything besides be used with assault fortress?
I especially love Cariers effect where you can basicly use him in a pinch to quickly get a strong Eldritch monster on the field.
I also really like the different take on rituals with the Eldritch summoning card.

all in all great job m8

I recognize some of the artwork from my own "Entity" Support I released a while back, but other than that the artwork for these is all absolutely amazing! Are you sure you can't show where you got Eldritch Abomination artwork of this quality? Because I could do so much...

I really like how you made some Link support for Entities, Azzathoth knows they need it with MR4 now. Although I was both puzzled and disappointed by the fact that none of your links facilitate easier summoning/recycling methods for the actual Lovecraftian "Entity" monsters. Those cards are absolutely a joy to play (at least for an enthusiastic Lovecraft fan like me) and the fact that I can't seem to find any cards here that make it easier for me to fill the field with level 4 Synchro or Fusion monsters to go into Azzathoth with makes me a little sad. I'd recommend maybe altering at least your Links to be focused on either protecting Fusions and Synchros or summoning/recycling them.

The rituals are actually a cool idea in addition to having amazing artwork, but I'm rather confused by the effects (which actually seems to be a general trend that even the legitimate "Entity" archetype follows lol). There are also a few spelling errors I noticed, in addition, the artwork for "The Holy End" is actually Hastur, The Yellow King in all his Eldritch glory. Actually now that I think about it you have at least 3 cards with Hastur in the artwork...he does get around doesn't he?

As far as the actual mechanics go, as I said I'm a little disappointed that you opted to make the archetype a self-contained one rather than a support archetype for the "Entity" archetype. In terms of how the archetype actually functions I'd say its "functional but disjointed". I'm not sure what precisely your archetype's methodology and objective/win condition is other than perhaps summoning Boss Monsters and just generally screwing with your opponent's cards in various ways. I gotta give you some points for protection, it protects its boss monsters pretty well. So well there might be an argument to be made that some cards are broken because they have all these additional effects on top of protection for your monsters or boss monsters. Yes spot removal is annoying when your setting up combos, but that's what recycling is for.

Sorry if I rambled, hope I helped.

(Seriously, could you PM me all the pics you used for these cards? I have a few ideas of my own and that art is just fantastic!)

These cards are sick bro!

i love the dark gloomy theme and i have a soft spot for archetypes that use counters (my Hellspawn archetype use counters too).

the only question i have is if the counters do anything besides be used with assault fortress?

I especially love Cariers effect where you can basicly use him in a pinch to quickly get a strong Eldritch monster on the field.

I also really like the different take on rituals with the Eldritch summoning card.

all in all great job m8

I think I could make a card that makes the "Infected" monsters useless when confronting the ritual bosses.

I recognize some of the artwork from my own "Entity" Support I released a while back, but other than that the artwork for these is all absolutely amazing! Are you sure you can't show where you got Eldritch Abomination artwork of this quality? Because I could do so much...

I really like how you made some Link support for Entities, Azzathoth knows they need it with MR4 now. Although I was both puzzled and disappointed by the fact that none of your links facilitate easier summoning/recycling methods for the actual Lovecraftian "Entity" monsters. Those cards are absolutely a joy to play (at least for an enthusiastic Lovecraft fan like me) and the fact that I can't seem to find any cards here that make it easier for me to fill the field with level 4 Synchro or Fusion monsters to go into Azzathoth with makes me a little sad. I'd recommend maybe altering at least your Links to be focused on either protecting Fusions and Synchros or summoning/recycling them.

The rituals are actually a cool idea in addition to having amazing artwork, but I'm rather confused by the effects (which actually seems to be a general trend that even the legitimate "Entity" archetype follows lol). There are also a few spelling errors I noticed, in addition, the artwork for "The Holy End" is actually Hastur, The Yellow King in all his Eldritch glory. Actually now that I think about it you have at least 3 cards with Hastur in the artwork...he does get around doesn't he?

As far as the actual mechanics go, as I said I'm a little disappointed that you opted to make the archetype a self-contained one rather than a support archetype for the "Entity" archetype. In terms of how the archetype actually functions I'd say its "functional but disjointed". I'm not sure what precisely your archetype's methodology and objective/win condition is other than perhaps summoning Boss Monsters and just generally screwing with your opponent's cards in various ways. I gotta give you some points for protection, it protects its boss monsters pretty well. So well there might be an argument to be made that some cards are broken because they have all these additional effects on top of protection for your monsters or boss monsters. Yes spot removal is annoying when your setting up combos, but that's what recycling is for.

Sorry if I rambled, hope I helped.

(Seriously, could you PM me all the pics you used for these cards? I have a few ideas of my own and that art is just fantastic!)

Well, where do I start. First of all I know some stuff from Lovecraftian lore, but, as it seems, not as much as you; second, this archetype was meant to be its own thing (even if I was inspired by the already existing Outer Entities). Third, yeah, I'm gonna send all the stuff. Fourth, I'm actually Italian and I'm still a student, so my english isn't the best possible. 

Archived