Photo

Eldritch Abominations & Co.

Fiend Archetype Custom

Necrobump!

Guest, the last post on this topic is over 30 days old and a new post will be considered as necrobumping!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Ἄργος Πανόπτης

Ἄργος Πανόπτης

Argos Panoptes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts
    Last Visit Mar 27 2019 11:29 AM
  • Discord:Eltanin#9717

This is an archetype based on ritual, pendulum, links (now I have made peace with the idea that they exist so I made some link support for this archetype) and maybe some other Extra Deck monsters in the future.

They are based around "Eldritch" stuff and (as always) I don't know where the original artwork comes from.

But here they are, with their unglorious on-field and off-field effects.

Effect Monsters (6)

Pendulum Monsters (2)

Ritual Monsters (3)

Extra Deck Monsters (2)

Spell Cards (5)

Trap Cards (2)

Any criticism is welcome.

Rookie member of the AGM team

Custom Archetypes

Infinity_Gauntlet.exe

KingCorrosiv

KingCorrosiv

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
    Last Visit Jun 25 2018 10:38 AM

These cards are sick bro!
i love the dark gloomy theme and i have a soft spot for archetypes that use counters (my Hellspawn archetype use counters too).
the only question i have is if the counters do anything besides be used with assault fortress?
I especially love Cariers effect where you can basicly use him in a pinch to quickly get a strong Eldritch monster on the field.
I also really like the different take on rituals with the Eldritch summoning card.

all in all great job m8

KingofMayhem

KingofMayhem

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
    Last Visit Aug 12 2019 01:13 AM

I recognize some of the artwork from my own "Entity" Support I released a while back, but other than that the artwork for these is all absolutely amazing! Are you sure you can't show where you got Eldritch Abomination artwork of this quality? Because I could do so much...

I really like how you made some Link support for Entities, Azzathoth knows they need it with MR4 now. Although I was both puzzled and disappointed by the fact that none of your links facilitate easier summoning/recycling methods for the actual Lovecraftian "Entity" monsters. Those cards are absolutely a joy to play (at least for an enthusiastic Lovecraft fan like me) and the fact that I can't seem to find any cards here that make it easier for me to fill the field with level 4 Synchro or Fusion monsters to go into Azzathoth with makes me a little sad. I'd recommend maybe altering at least your Links to be focused on either protecting Fusions and Synchros or summoning/recycling them.

The rituals are actually a cool idea in addition to having amazing artwork, but I'm rather confused by the effects (which actually seems to be a general trend that even the legitimate "Entity" archetype follows lol). There are also a few spelling errors I noticed, in addition, the artwork for "The Holy End" is actually Hastur, The Yellow King in all his Eldritch glory. Actually now that I think about it you have at least 3 cards with Hastur in the artwork...he does get around doesn't he?

As far as the actual mechanics go, as I said I'm a little disappointed that you opted to make the archetype a self-contained one rather than a support archetype for the "Entity" archetype. In terms of how the archetype actually functions I'd say its "functional but disjointed". I'm not sure what precisely your archetype's methodology and objective/win condition is other than perhaps summoning Boss Monsters and just generally screwing with your opponent's cards in various ways. I gotta give you some points for protection, it protects its boss monsters pretty well. So well there might be an argument to be made that some cards are broken because they have all these additional effects on top of protection for your monsters or boss monsters. Yes spot removal is annoying when your setting up combos, but that's what recycling is for.

Sorry if I rambled, hope I helped.

(Seriously, could you PM me all the pics you used for these cards? I have a few ideas of my own and that art is just fantastic!)

My Magnum Opus

Has a political body ever succeeded in being the arbiter of what is right and just? - Darth Plagueis the Wise

Ἄργος Πανόπτης

Ἄργος Πανόπτης

Argos Panoptes

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts
    Last Visit Mar 27 2019 11:29 AM
  • Discord:Eltanin#9717

These cards are sick bro!
i love the dark gloomy theme and i have a soft spot for archetypes that use counters (my Hellspawn archetype use counters too).
the only question i have is if the counters do anything besides be used with assault fortress?
I especially love Cariers effect where you can basicly use him in a pinch to quickly get a strong Eldritch monster on the field.
I also really like the different take on rituals with the Eldritch summoning card.

all in all great job m8

I think I could make a card that makes the "Infected" monsters useless when confronting the ritual bosses.

I recognize some of the artwork from my own "Entity" Support I released a while back, but other than that the artwork for these is all absolutely amazing! Are you sure you can't show where you got Eldritch Abomination artwork of this quality? Because I could do so much...

I really like how you made some Link support for Entities, Azzathoth knows they need it with MR4 now. Although I was both puzzled and disappointed by the fact that none of your links facilitate easier summoning/recycling methods for the actual Lovecraftian "Entity" monsters. Those cards are absolutely a joy to play (at least for an enthusiastic Lovecraft fan like me) and the fact that I can't seem to find any cards here that make it easier for me to fill the field with level 4 Synchro or Fusion monsters to go into Azzathoth with makes me a little sad. I'd recommend maybe altering at least your Links to be focused on either protecting Fusions and Synchros or summoning/recycling them.

The rituals are actually a cool idea in addition to having amazing artwork, but I'm rather confused by the effects (which actually seems to be a general trend that even the legitimate "Entity" archetype follows lol). There are also a few spelling errors I noticed, in addition, the artwork for "The Holy End" is actually Hastur, The Yellow King in all his Eldritch glory. Actually now that I think about it you have at least 3 cards with Hastur in the artwork...he does get around doesn't he?

As far as the actual mechanics go, as I said I'm a little disappointed that you opted to make the archetype a self-contained one rather than a support archetype for the "Entity" archetype. In terms of how the archetype actually functions I'd say its "functional but disjointed". I'm not sure what precisely your archetype's methodology and objective/win condition is other than perhaps summoning Boss Monsters and just generally screwing with your opponent's cards in various ways. I gotta give you some points for protection, it protects its boss monsters pretty well. So well there might be an argument to be made that some cards are broken because they have all these additional effects on top of protection for your monsters or boss monsters. Yes spot removal is annoying when your setting up combos, but that's what recycling is for.

Sorry if I rambled, hope I helped.

(Seriously, could you PM me all the pics you used for these cards? I have a few ideas of my own and that art is just fantastic!)

Well, where do I start. First of all I know some stuff from Lovecraftian lore, but, as it seems, not as much as you; second, this archetype was meant to be its own thing (even if I was inspired by the already existing Outer Entities). Third, yeah, I'm gonna send all the stuff. Fourth, I'm actually Italian and I'm still a student, so my english isn't the best possible. 

Rookie member of the AGM team

Custom Archetypes

Infinity_Gauntlet.exe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users