[Written] Red Support

Thomas★Zero

This set of Red card focus's around Jacks classic cards and revamping them into the Red Theme used by Arc V Jack Atlus. In addition Red also get a in theme Fusion and Link Monster as well as search spell to help get a Tuner and a Non Tuner and a Miracle Synchro based card.

Red Piece Golem

lv 4 FIRE

Fiend/Effect

If this card is Normal or Special Summoned while you control another "Red" Fiend Monster except "Red Piece Golem" you can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Red" FIRE Fiend or "Resonator" Monster from your Deck to your side of the field. You can only activate this effect of "Red Piece Golem" once per turn. Once per turn: You can declare a Level from 3 to 5; this card becomes that Level until the End Phase.

ATK/1600 DEF/0

Red Archfiend

lv 4 FIRE

Fiend/Effect

When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: add 1 "Red" FIRE Fiend or "Resonator" Monster from your Deck to your hand. You can only activate this effect of "Red Archfiend" once per turn. If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing battle damage to your opponent.

ATK/1800 DEF/0

Red Eater

lv 4 FIRE

Fiend/Tuner/Effect

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned by sending 1 Spell/Trap Card your opponent controls to the GY. You can only Special Summon "Red Eater" this way once per turn. If this card is used as a Synchro Material for a Synchro Summon, you can treat it as a non-Tuner monster. This card cannot be used as a Synchro Material except for a "Red" Dragon Synchro Monster.

ATK/1900 DEF/1600

Red Dragon

lv 5 FIRE

Fiend/Effect

This card is also treated as a Dragon Monster while on the field and in your GY. While you control a "Red" FIRE Fiend Monster can Special Summon this card from your hand from your hand, but its ATK and DEF is halved. You can only Special Summon "Red Dragon" this way once per turn.

ATK/2000 DEF/2400

Red Multipiece Golem

lv 7 FIRE

Fiend/Fusion/Effect

2 "Red" FIRE Fiend Monsters

Must be Fusion Summon by sending the listed Fusion Materials you control to the GY (you do not use "Polymerization".) If this card attacked, after damage calculation, you can return this card to the Extra Deck. Then, if all of the Fusion Material Monsters that were used for the Fusion Summon of this card are in your Graveyard, you can Special Summon them.

ATK/2600 DEF/1300

Scarlight Red Nova Dragon

lv 12 DARK

Dragon/Synchro/Effect

2 Tuner Monsters + 1 Non-Tuner DARK Dragon Synchro Monster

Must be Synchro Summoned or Special Summoned by its own effect. Increase this cards ATK by 300 for each "Red" FIRE Fiend, "Red" Dragon Synchro and "Resonator" Monster in your GY. Cannot be destroyed by battle or by card effects. When your opponent activates a card or effect: you can banish this card; negate that cards effects and destroy it. During the next End Phase: Special Summon this card banished by this effect.

ATK/3500 DEF/3000

Red Rebooster Dragon

FIRE

Link: DL, DR

Dragon/Link/Effect

2 "Red" FIRE Fiend and/or "Resonator" Monsters

When this card is Link Summoned: immediately after this effect resolves you can Synchro Summon 1 "Red" Dragon Synchro Monster from your Extra Deck using Monsters you control and from your hand as Synchro Materials. When a "Red" FIRE Fiend, "Red" Dragon Synchro or "Resonator" Monster is summoned to a Zone this card points to, increase that Monsters ATK by 500.

ATK/1500 LINK-2

Red Resonance

Spell Card

Add 1 "Red" FIRE Fiend Monster from your deck to your hand. You can banish this card from your GY; add 1 "Resonator Call" from your deck to your hand. You can only activate 1 "Red Resonace" effect per turn and only once that turn.

Absolute Powerforce

Equip Spell Card

Equip this card to a DARK Dragon Synchro Monster you control. The equipped Monster gains 1000 ATK. If the equipped Monster destroys a Monster as a result of battle, inflict damage to your opponent equal to the destroyed Monsters ATK. When the equipped Monster leaves the field, you can Special Summon 1 Level 8 "Red Dragon Archfiend" Monster from your GY to your side of the field. You can only activate this effect of "Absolute Powerforce" once per turn.

Red Synchro

Trap Card

Immediately after this effect resolves Synchro Summon 1 "Red" Dragon Synchro from your Extra Deck by banishing the listed Synchro Materials from your GY. Your opponent cannot activate card effects in response to this effect. You can only activate "Red Synchro" once per turn.

Let's not forget that the Red-Eyes archetype exists. So with that in mind, it needs to also be independently identified. In this case as a FIRE "Red" monster. Otherwise these guys may be able to support another archetype that it shouldn't be supporting directly.

Red Piece Golem is a bit slow, as it requires prior set up for the Summon effect to work. I'd suggest you start using some wordings with "If" rather than "When", especially if you are including "Special Summon" in the conditions. The same can be said to some other cards on this list. Anyways, it has a Level modulation effect which can be useful in making your Synchro plays flexible, and that is great.

Red Archfiend is a common searcher for the archetype and has a piercing effect. Nothing much to say here as it's good, but not too much flavor going on here.

Red Eater can Summon itself by sending 1 Spell/Trap card the opponent controls? Wait a minute, Kaijus do the same thing but they Tribute monsters AND gives themselves away to the opponent. The only instance in which I can find that you can Tribute or send cards your opponent controls to Special Summon a monster you have to your field is "Reptilliane Vaskii". But here's the thing, Vaskii required a specific set up of 2 "0 ATK" monsters on the field, which is doable, but not many monsters get to 0 ATK nowadays unless a "Wall of Disruption" hits. My suggestion is to make this Summoning condition chainable since it is a Level 4 monster and it is generic with that effect alone.

Red Dragon is like its anime counterpart. It's nothing special.

Red Multipiece Golem, as it is formatted right now, has its effects unchainable. Use colons for effects that activate and commas for effects that apply after you've stated the conditions. But it's a beater that can "De-Fusion" which is weird as I'd much rather go into the Synchro plays than risk getting destroyed with this Fusion.

Scarlight Red Nova Dragon reminds me of Cosmic Blazar Dragon for the negating effect. It can be a big beater with Beelze protection, but I think I'd rather go with Blazar or the ever so prominent Quasar. It's just a bit weak in comparison to the other twos' effects.

Red Rebooster Dragon needs the clause "immediately after this effect resolves" for the Synchro Summon effect. It can be an instant Synchro, but you'd have to bear the fact that you'd need preparations first. It's second effect is okay, a small boost but not to negligent.

Red Resonance is consistency boosting which I'm not sure if the set needs. It's just a searcher so I guess it doesn't hurt. But I'd like some flavor to go along with it.

Absolute Powerforce looks like it came out of the GX era, which is before 5Ds and that is weird in itself. It increases the DARK Dragon Synchro Monster's ATK by 1000 (Skyscraper anyone?) and can burn for the ATK of the destroyed monster that the monster it is equipped to destroys in battle (Flame Wingman, is this your reincarnate?). What I am saying is, this doesn't help the set as none of the other cards really play into this very well either. It's specific to the targets as well.

Now Red Synchro is a Miracle Fusion with the Speed Spell 4. This is really good as a Trap Card, but I think it could have a cost, since the opponent cannot respond to this. Oh and "immediately after this effect resolves" clause applies here too.

Here's my thoughts and take it how you want it. :)

Have a nice day or night!

Archived