Laura Bailey or Alexis Tipton, who is better?

Astro Dude

LB or AT  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Which voice actress is better?

• Laura Bailey
    • Alexis Tipton

Okay, in the past few months Alexis Tipton has been called the next Laura Bailey, taking on a few of the latter's roles like Lucina and Palla from Fire Emblem and recently Platinum the Trinity. The only role Laura has done recently, is Cloud of Darkness from Dissidia Final Fantasy NT. I imagine a few of Laura's loyal fans might start World War IV if Alexis is Solange in the remake of Code of Princess. So, I come to you with this, is an imitation a sincere form of flattery or is the original always the best? In other words, which do you prefer, Laura Bailey or Alexis Tipton?

First off, it's incredibly demeaning to frame this comparison as Alexis Tipton just doing "imitations" of Laura Bailey. Tipton has plenty of roles that are well and truly her own.

Laura has done more roles recently than just Cloud of Darkness. She's voicing Gwen Stacy in the current Marvel's Spider-Man cartoon. She was Supergirl in Injustice 2, Nadine Ross in Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, Black Widow in Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite, Eltariel in Middle-Earth: Shadow of War, Catwoman in both Batman: The Telltale Series games, and is voicing her Critical Role character, Vex'ahlia, in Pillars of Eternity II. My understanding is that Alexis Tipton voiced Platinum the Trinity in Alter Memory because the video games and the anime are dubbed by different studios. And unless they're recording new lines, I seriously doubt Tipton will replace Bailey in Code of Princess EX.

Alexis Tipton is good for voicing characters previously voiced by Laura Bailey, but it's usually a matter of necessity. So I'm not voting on this poll because I find the premise behind it to be grossly flawed and uninformed.

Read the Polls rules please, singular polls are now to be put into whatever section that is appropriate, while Polls is left for tournaments. Less clutter, more activity for other sections.

Unfortunately I don't know if this would be best in Video Games or Animation so uh...I'll move it to General for now.

Edit: Was decided VG is better place for it

Archived