HellOOOoooooo, beauties and gentlebeauties! Welcome to the 2018 edition of the Yu-Gi-Oh! Cardmaker Member Awards, with your host: The one, the only, Mettaton! (That's me, darling.)
I saw how this show looked last year. That rabbit was a decent host, but she lacked some qualities any true host needs to be a star! Dramatic flair! The charisma to keep people hooked! And of course, a positively STUNNING body as good as mine! With me at the controls, this is already shaping up to be a YCM Awards the likes of which this little forum has never seen before! Ah, but as much of a superstar as I may be, I'm not the star of this show. It's a pity of course, but a true star of the people knows when it's time to let someone else have the spotlight, at least for a little while.
Instead of me, dear beauties and gentlebeauties, the stars of this show will be YOU! Isn't that fantastic? I watched the tapes from last year's show, over and over until my poor little hard drive just couldn't take it anymore, and I know just how to run this show at a five-star level. I've based it on what our beloved viewers submitted for feedback. The rules are simple.
I've split our awards into ten categories. You can pick one person for each award if they meet the criteria, but only for that one award. You can't pick the same person for two or more different awards, and of course you can't pick yourself for any of these either! What kind of egomaniac would do that!?
...APOLOGIES DEAR VIEWERS! I was simply distracted by my gorgeous reflection in the camera lens! Now, where were we? Yes, right, of course, awards and voting! I'll be keeping careful track of these votes, so I'm afraid I must discourage changing your votes. I'm a busy robot, after all, but I'm also lenient, and will say: Every member is allowed to change each of their votes one time each. I did only say I was discouraging it after all, not banning it. When it's time for our show to come to an end, I'll reveal the winners in our grand finale!
But you must be asking by now, "Mettaton, what are those awards we're supposed to be voting people in for anyway?" Look at you. You're both handsome AND curious! (Not as handsome as myself, of course, because that would be preposterous.) Well darling, I'm glad you asked! There are ten different awards to be handed out this year, to see who's the star of which section, as well as some other small things to make sure everyone has a shot at winning. Of course, you don't have to vote for EVERY award; feel free to skip up to four awards if you can't think of anyone who deserves it. Now, without further ado, here are the awards we will be distributing in the 2018 edition of the YCM Awards!
- Rising Star: Everyone's favorite member, but only on the condition that their activity here started less than two years ago. Anyone with more than two years of activity on this site is not allowed.
- Cardmaker Star: Why yes dear, most people DO come here for the cardmaker! And this award is here to show just who we love the most for using it! Only members who are active in the Custom Cards sections are qualified for this award.
- Writing Star: Somebody has to write best-selling manuscripts! Let's see who everyone thinks is the best writer. To qualify for this award, a member must be active in the Creative Writing and/or Role Playing section.
- Artistic Star: Anyone can just say "Lights, camera, action!", but it takes a true genius to really make it a work of art! Not everyone has a grasp on those finer details of graphics, after all. Any member who is active in the graphics-related sections in Creative Commons or that lovely Crayon Corner, and has posted graphics content in either of those places within the last ten months, may qualify for this award.
- Critic Star: Everyone loves music, or media (especially featuring me), so let's see who we like best that discusses them. If a member is active in any of the Multimedia sections, they can qualify for this award.
- Reality Star: Reality can be a cruel mistress, but people will still talk about it all the same! In fact, the people on this website talk about all sorts of real-life things! Anyone active in General or Debates will qualify for this award.
- Comedy Star: Who doesn't love a good laugh? And we just so happen to have a section meant for exactly that! Anybody active in Miscellaneous is allowed to qualify for this award, but given the section's much higher activity than other sections, please vote responsibly!
- Classic Star: Looking to the future generation of this website is nice, but there's nothing wrong with some nostalgia either. In a stark contrast to the Rising Star award, the Classic Star is reserved only for members who have been active on this site for at least five years. But there's a catch. Members cannot quality for this award if they're not currently active - what's the point of a trophy if you don't show it off? - or if they are permanently banned from this forum.
- Star Manager: And now for a smaller one. Much smaller. Only moderators presently on the team can qualify to be a Star Manager.
- Monstar: And now a fun one, darlings. One of the largest-scale events on this website's calendar is the annual Halloween Masquerade, and members just love to make "best monster" polls after the show is over. So I'll do you one better, beauties and gentlebeauties! If you want to vote for the Monstar, you'll have to pick a monster that participated in any of the Halloween Masquerades! (Feel free to vote for me too, darling.)Monsters by year
And those, dear viewers, are this year's YCM Awards! Similar to last year, this year's prizes will consist of simply gorgeous graphical trophies that you can put in your profile, your signature, or anywhere really. Because you, darling, are a star this year. You might as well look the part. And the best part of this arrangement? Voting begins RIGHT NOW, dear viewers, and ends on June 18th! That's two weeks from today if you were about to do the math, darling.
And now, dear beauties and gentlebeauties, submit those votes! Please ask your wonderful host if you have any questions or concerns. I would simply hate for us to stumble around like foolish school clubs trying to pass themselves off as multi-million-dollar productions.