7 Completed & Slot Machine Support

SecondSeraphim

Here is some support for the classic monster “Slot Machine” and its signature card “7 Completed”. Cards are based around recycling your “7 Completed” for effects.

Monsters

Junior Slot Machine                        DARK/Machine/LV4        1300/1600

If this card is Normal Summoned, you can change it to Defense Position. If this card is Summoned, you can take a “7 Completed” from your Deck and add it to your hand. You can destroy an Equip Spell equipped to this card and apply the appropriate effect, depending on this card's battle position. You can only activate each effect of "Junior Slot Machine" once per turn.

• Attack position: Destroy a monster the opponent controls.
  • Defense position: Destroy a Spell/Trap the opponent controls.

Discount Slot Machine                 DARK/Machine/LV3        1400/1500

If a monster you control is destroyed by battle or card effect while equipped with an Equip Spell card while this card is in your hand, you can Special Summon this card. If this card is Summoned, you can take a “7 Completed” from your GY and add it to your hand. While Tribute Summoning Machine-Type monsters, this card counts as one additional tribute for each Equip Spell equipped to it.

Jumbo Slot Machine                      DARK/Machine/LV10     2700/3000

Can be Tribute Summoned using 3 Tributes, or with just 1. If this card is Summoned, you may take any number of “7 Completed” from your Deck or GY, up to the number of Tributes this card was Summoned with; add them to your hand. If a card or effect is activated, you can destroy a “7 Completed” equipped to this card; negate that card or effect. If this card is removed from the field, you can Special Summon a “Slot Machine” from your hand, Deck, or GY, and if you do, you may add a “7 Completed” from your GY to your hand.

Spells

Bonus Completed           Equip

This card’s name is also treated as “7 Completed” while on your field, in your hand, or in the GY. Activate this card by choosing one of the below effects and apply it; equip only to a Machine-Type monster.

• The equipped monster cannot be destroyed by battle.
  • The equipped monster cannot be destroyed by card effects.

Big Win!                              Quick-Play

Destroy up to 3 “7 Completed” you control and draw an equal number of cards, also you may not activate “7 Completed” for the rest of the turn. You can banish this card from your GY; shuffle up to 3 “7 Completed” from your GY into your Deck, then excavate that many cards from the top of your Deck; Special Summon a number of “Slot Tokens” (DARK/Machine/LV1/ATK 0/DEF 0) equal to the number of excavated Machine-Type monsters, then you can add one of the excavated monsters to your hand, then send the other excavated cards to the GY.

Prize Selection                  Normal

Add a “7 Completed”, “Slot Machine” or card that specifically lists “7 Completed” in it’s card text from your Deck to your hand, other than “Prize Selection.

Traps

Bonus Round                     Normal

If a Machine-type Monster you control destroys an opponent’s monster by battle while equipped with a Spell card, you can destroy one of those equipped Spells; that monster gains 700 ATK until the end of the turn, also it may attack once again in a row. You can banish this card from your GY, except during the turn this card was sent to the GY, and target a “7 Completed” in your GY; add it to your hand, then immediately after this effect resolves, activate it.

Winning Spin                     Normal

This turn, if a monster you control equipped with exactly 3 “7 Completed” inflicts battle damage to your opponent; you win the Duel.

Alternating “7”                 Normal

Reverse the choice of all face-up “7 Completed”, also you can change the battle positions of any of your face-up Machine-type monsters that you choose.

Solid "7"                       Continuous

Once per turn, if an Equip Spell card you control is destroyed by a card effect; draw a card, also if that Equip Spell card card was equipped to a monster, that monster is unaffected by the opponent's card effects, until the end of the next turn.

Really like the DARK Machine angle, even if I am seeing a lot of these days. Didn't have to go with the original slot, but you might as well combine the two similar weakened themes as well as attach it to the new memey support. Just a few nitpicks about the inidividual cards first, before I deal with the thing as whole.

I mean, a searcher is nice and all, but Prize Selection just seems really boring to me. With amazing cards like Big Win and Bonus Round, it just stands out. I mean, simplicity isn't bad, but an always live searcher without anything else to its name, even HOPT...I just don't feel it fits with your style, you know? Also, yada yada bad design see Crystal Beasts and all that nonsense. Speaking of Big Win, I think there should be something restricting the second effect. It is immediately activatable after you use it, and maybe that was the intention, but you're basically then putting 2 effects in one. I would suggest using the "You can only use 1 effect of " clause as, while it prevents for double combo shenanigans, it does allow for you to Foolish Burial of Belongings with it to be able to use it in case your 7 Completed cards get killed before you can use it. For Alternating 7, it being purely affecting your side of the field for such a specific scenario really kills its usability. You have a few options for buffing it, but I would honestly just make it change battle position for any monster on the field, up to the number of 7 Completed choices changed. This allows you to mess with most non-Link Decks.

Solid 7 I really like, as it allows for potential Metalfoes plays destroying your own S/T which already fits really well, because A) Normal Monsters and B) Pendulum Scale to be able to Summon all of these save Jumbo, which you are't Pendulum Summoning in the first place. That also means that you could potentially run Hidden Armory, for epic consistency plays...which ALSO helps load up your GY for the Metalfoes/rest of your support. It's a match made in heaven.

Of course you have searchers in the main monster, so there's little to fault there. Combos nicely with eachother, and you do indeed have most of the plays in the S/T. I would suggest Jumbo was a little easier to trigger, though, because right now he is pretty much dead on the field unless Tribute Summoned. Perhaps always add 1, can be Tribute with 1 or 2 Tributes, and add additional 7 Completed for each Tribute when Summoned?

I like the flavour of the set as a whole, but I don't think it quite has the punch to be able to do much apart from being barely rogue; that's unfortunately a consequence of supporting a bad archetype. You have a lot of searching, which while being the easy way out, is also the effective way out, save for going against actual good decks with a lot of negators and means of stopping your searching.

Archived