HERO Support

SecondSeraphim

Monsters

Elemental HERO Butterfly Breeze            WIND/Warrior   1300 / 800

When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can add a “Fusion” Spell/Trap card that lists the term “HERO” in its card text from your Deck or GY to your hand. You can Tribute this card from your hand or field and target a HERO Fusion monster in your GY that had been correctly summoned from the Extra Deck earlier in the Duel; Special Summon it, ignoring its Summoning conditions. You can only activate one effect of “Elemental HERO Butterfly Breeze” per turn, and only once per turn.

[Note: We need a new WIND HERO so bad with Stratos still gone, as well as a Hero Fusion searcher and a HERO specific Monster Reborn. Why not combine them all in one? Named because a Butterfly Breeze can turn into a Great Tornado]

Spells

Dramatic Arrival                               Normal

(This card is always treated as a “Fusion” card.)

If only the opponent controls a monster; Fusion Summon 1 "Elemental HERO" Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck that specifically lists its Fusion Materials using monsters from your hand or Deck as Fusion Material. You can reveal this card in your hand and target a HERO monster you control; return it to the hand, also this turn if a HERO Fusion monster attacks, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects until the end of the Damage Step. You can only activate this effect of “Dramatic Arrival” once per turn.

[i know I should have just had Fusion in the name, but I fell in love with “Dramatic Arrival” and couldn’t bring myself to change it. A Fusion spell that requires specifically listed Materials, so it won’t work for Absolute Zero and its ilk, but could breathe new life into Flame Wingman and co. Those Fusions are generally inferior to the “generic” Fusions, so I felt using materials from the Deck to be justified.]

HERO Armory                                    Normal

Target a HERO monster you control. Add, from your Deck or GY to your hand, a Spell or Trap card that specifically lists the targeted monster in it’s card text, also once this turn you may activate a Trap card with the same name as the added card the turn it was set, also, once this turn, if you activate a card with the same name as the added card while you control that targeted HERO monster; it gains 800 ATK, until the end of the turn.

[A searcher for all those Spells & Traps no on uses because they require a specific HERO. Maybe now someone will, what with the small power boost and the ability to use the trap once away.]

You're missing Breeze's Level, but let's assume it to be a 4. 

The searching effect is fine, though it really only searches Miracle and Parallel World (idk how often the latter is used nowadays). Main draw is the revival effect, which yes, lets you bypass that Nomi condition that most of them have for hell knows why when there's worse stuff out there that don't. As far as TCG is concerned, WIND targets are always appreciated since KoA refuses to give us back Stratos for Divine Wind / Great Tornado, etc (and don't say Avian is good as a replacement; he sucks), but OCG has him at 2. 

===

Dramatic is fine for the old-school HEROs (though you generally won't be running them nowadays because power creep), so the Deck fusing thing is okay. Would make stuff like Tempest, Electrum and so forth easier to summon instead of requiring you to have those 4 monsters in hand/on field, etc. Also Breeze searches this too, so that's always nice. That being said, the card is good in application, but just the targets aren't particularly great. 

===

Issue with Armory is that most of the "HERO" specific S/T usually correlate to the first HEROs we ever got, and sans Bubbleman, they've all gone out of style.

Feather Wind is probably the best one for being S/T removal and making use of the quick activation thing. Clay Charge is bad now, so...don't run it. Burst Return is also bad because no one plays HEROs nowadays (or not as much). Bubbleman's support cards are iffy. Spark Blaster is also bad, especially with Links (but you should know this already). Cyclone is okay, I guess. Edge Hammer is iffy.

But the extra power boost isn't bad at all, so... 

If you do run Avian, getting backrow negation that turn isn't terrible. 

Breeze is probably the best out of these, mostly because it's a WIND target and yeah, makes the ED bosses less dead in the GY.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah it is LV 4. And why is it that D-Hero gets Disc Commander back and we STILL can't have Stratos. I need my WIND heroes KoA! Gimmie!

Power Creep does suck, cause my fav hero is Shining Flare Wingman, and while powerful the lack of protection, revivability, and the uselessness of his materials makes running a deck dedicated to him hard, unless just playing casual.

Yeah it is LV 4. And why is it that D-Hero gets Disc Commander back and we STILL can't have Stratos. I need my WIND heroes KoA! Gimmie!

Power Creep does suck, cause my fav hero is Shining Flare Wingman, and while powerful the lack of protection, revivability, and the uselessness of his materials makes running a deck dedicated to him hard, unless just playing casual.

Disc Commander did get a hard errata so he could come back (since he was banned on both sides). TCG's still waiting for the reprint. 

You'd need to ask Tewart and whoever's on the KoA team why we can't have Stratos back, but then again, they have gotten a bad rep for banlist choices and why some users opt to go OCG. I haven't heard anything about OCG not liking Stratos, but may need to ask Winter how stuff fares over there.

====

As for the other part, unless HEROs ever get a card that lets you Fusion Summon with materials in the EXTRA Deck, yeah, stuff like Shining Flare / Phoenix Enforcer or whatever requires laddering isn't going to work out without Fusion subs. IDK, suppose you could try working on something like this next. As they are right now, it won't break them. 

(Might make Contrast HERO Chaos easier to summon too, given its materials are all ED monsters right now until Konami gives us the Main Deck ones. With that in mind, yeah, even Masked HERO Gust would be welcomed as company.)

Suppose that if you want good HERO supports and stuff, you have to do it yourself. 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived