Q & A with the Draconus #8!

Draconus297

Striker:

Honestly, Card Contests as a section doesn't need improving as much as it needs traffic. That said, there needs to be more defined rigor in how a contest is run, some sort of base framework for a given type of contest. I can't pretend I know what this framework should look like, but if people who do contests often could figure out the basic setup and ensure people stuck to it, someone could jump between four or five contests and vote in all of them, rather than just vote in one and leave.

Dae:

I have several. While I won't give names directly, I'll give hints.

The oldest of my sisters has a name with the same number of letters as are in my username, starting with the last letter in said username.

Second in line has a name that translates directly to wisdom.

Third has a feminine version of a male name associated with a meme centered around shoes.

Fourth among my sisters has a name whose first three letters can be used to refer to a musical instrument with more possibilities than any other.

1. Future plans for life (iirc you have a degree in something)

2. Favorite VRAINS archetype?

3. Given your opinion on how Links were introduced for Master Rule 4, how would you design them to function in Master Rule 3 without altering their gimmick? Or do you feel it is impossible to do so?

4. As a whole, how do you think AGM has come over the past 3 years (give/take a couple months)?

Striker:

Honestly, Card Contests as a section doesn't need improving as much as it needs traffic. That said, there needs to be more defined rigor in how a contest is run, some sort of base framework for a given type of contest. I can't pretend I know what this framework should look like, but if people who do contests often could figure out the basic setup and ensure people stuck to it, someone could jump between four or five contests and vote in all of them, rather than just vote in one and leave.

Hmm, I get the feeling your answer was more geared towards 1v1 than Card Contests as a whole. Though, some hosts tend to have quirks in how they run their contests. Aside from Cutthroat Cardmaker, I tend to favor structured brackets and having the pairings compete in 1v1 instead of grading it myself, as I know I will miss things and potentially funk up grading. It's just how I like running my contests. There are different ways of hosting contests, but I do agree that should know how to run the type of contest they set out to do.

As for traffic, it's funny how much of a constant issue that has been over the years. People, myself included, have tried to solve that traffic issue, but no solution produced long-term results I suppose.

I do appreciate your thoughts, and I hope you don't mind this spew of consciousness.

1. I have my Bachelor's- double major in Literature and Communications- but to be perfectly honest I couldn't tell you where my life is headed. I'm casting a wide net, anything I can do on half an attention span (retail, food services, teaching high school) while I finish my passion project novel and a few odd video games I seriously need to get to work on.

2. F.A., to be perfectly honest. I love the Level gimmick, I enjoy the idea of a racing-based Deck, and they're probably my favorite TCG archetype (even though I don't own a single one of their cards). If you'd prefer an answer that actually included a Link monster, I'd probably say Rokkets from design, but I'd prefer them as a MR3 Synchro archetype so they required a modicum of skill in piloting, but could be buffed slightly to compensate.

3. Honestly, I haven't given it much thought. Super-generic materials are a great idea, but both the arrow thing and the lack of DEF stem from that pseudo-limitation thing they started off as, and honestly I'd just basically scrap the idea entirely. However, Ratings are incredibly intriguing as a mechanic, and I'd reboot the idea from there given the choice.

4. Honestly, it goes through highs and lows, but you guys are probably more family to me than my own family. I don't bring it up often, but I'm an incredibly depressing human being. I care for all of you, even though none of you likely put as much stock in the group as I do. The regulars are a pretty tight-knit little group, and the occasional additions are always encouraged to become true blue regulars. I can't do much of anything more beyond that, but it has been enough thus far.

Not at all. I appreciate seeing passion in action. I'll definitely put some thought towards it in the future, and I might have a more definitive answer then.

Archived