[DP20] Onslaught with Eyes of Blue

FimYXfo.jpg?1

Onslaught with Eyes of Blue
Quick-Play Spell
-You cannot Normal or Special Summon monsters the turn you activate this effect, except "Blue-eyes White Dragon".
(1) Banish as many cards as possible from your hand, field, and GY, face-down and if you do, Special Summon up to 3 "Blue-eyes White Dragon" from your Deck.

kaiba_laugh.gif

tenor.gif

FYI, the banish isn't a cost, so Ash can go funk itself

This is probably the dumbest card design I've seen in awhile. The cost is ridiculous and if you happen to have a Blue-Eyes in hand, well damn your luck I guess. At the very least for what this wants you to do, it's activation should be impossible to respond to.

The only positive is that it's searchable by the bingo machine card if you want to make some meme OTK build for some reason.

I really gotta question what was going on through konami's head on this card.

I can't actually think of a positive to this card other than the fact that you uh... get 3 BE. You can't even meme and go into BEUD or NBEUD since you'll have to banish the fusions (and the initial hard xenophobia).

I really gotta question what was going on through konami's head on this card.

I can't actually think of a positive to this card other than the fact that you uh... get 3 BE. You can't even meme and go into BEUD or NBEUD since you'll have to banish the fusions (and the initial hard xenophobia).

Rule of Thumb, the better the artwork, the worse the card

Rule of Thumb, the better the artwork, the worse the card

Main Deck Ice Barriers bursts into a fresh round of tears, only for U.A.s to come and comfort them.

Vendreads try to take the mike from Shiranuii to belt out the next round of karaoke, to increasingly failing effort. "WE'RE BOTH RICH WITH ZOMBIE SUPPORT, YOU WOULDN'T BE LIKE THIS IF VAMPIRES WERE HERE!"

"THEY'RE BORDERLINE NOW, WAIT YOUR TURN LIKE EVERYONE -burp- ELSE YA MOOKS!" shouted U.A., taking another swig of Gatorade that his buddy Triamid suspected was more of another substance than an energy drink. 

However, it was the buzzing Mecha Phantom Beast that really got his attention.

"Careful not to pipe up too loud there roid-breath, your racing buddies might catch word and lap you all in ratings again." 

Chaos ensued. I n the midst of the thrown glasses, upturned chairs, and dehabilitating remarks about the illusionary machine's mother - Enterblathnir, perhaps? - Phantom Beasts calmly took the last case of whiskey and headed out, planning to drain them at Ayers Rock. 

"Sure it's always like this?" Noble Knights asked, plucking a bottle from Phantom Beast's upturned hands before he could complain. 

"Actually, there are usually more explosions."  That came from the Darklords, pulling up to the curb and flagging them in. "Don't worry-I'm borderline too, just here to pick y'all up before my new shift with Darkest Dia starts. You should hear the how the U.A. guy gets when people remind him of how quick Kozmos got called up."

"Sure that wasn't because of how all the other guys caught that flu?" Noble Knights asked. "And last I checked, the attempts to check him ended up retiring Super Quant."

"That's a story for another time, champ...." Darklords started up the chariot, whisking them into the air as Triamids and Ice Barrier tore through the building's ceiling, apparently freed of their normally pacifying demeanors and slugging each other.

"Besides, I've got two teams to see later that have three limits within their ranks apiece that are still pulling strong-Beatrice and Master Plan'll never shut up about it and I'd like some buzz b'fore they kill it. Pass another one of those to me." 

iU8EggM.png

Oh wait, there's a card above too? Yeah, might wanna use this on the opponent's turn, if at all-you've got better ways to pump out the Blue-Eyes that the Deck doesn't even sniff on the Road to Brickmania XXV. If it were a notoriety rating, G.T.A. would be spitting on your controller at that point.

Main Deck Ice Barriers bursts into a fresh round of tears, only for U.A.s to come and comfort them.

Vendreads try to take the mike from Shiranuii to belt out the next round of karaoke, to increasingly failing effort. "WE'RE BOTH RICH WITH ZOMBIE SUPPORT, YOU WOULDN'T BE LIKE THIS IF VAMPIRES WERE HERE!"

"THEY'RE BORDERLINE NOW, WAIT YOUR TURN LIKE EVERYONE -burp- ELSE YA MOOKS!" shouted U.A., taking another swig of Gatorade that his buddy Triamid suspected was more of another substance than an energy drink. 

However, it was the buzzing Mecha Phantom Beast that really got his attention.

"Careful not to pipe up too loud there roid-breath, your racing buddies might catch word and lap you all in ratings again." 

Chaos ensued. I n the midst of the thrown glasses, upturned chairs, and dehabilitating remarks about the illusionary machine's mother - Enterblathnir, perhaps? - Phantom Beasts calmly took the last case of whiskey and headed out, planning to drain them at Ayers Rock. 

"Sure it's always like this?" Noble Knights asked, plucking a bottle from Phantom Beast's upturned hands before he could complain. 

"Actually, there are usually more explosions."  That came from the Darklords, pulling up to the curb and flagging them in. "Don't worry-I'm borderline too, just here to pick y'all up before my new shift with Darkest Dia starts. You should hear the how the U.A. guy gets when people remind him of how quick Kozmos got called up."

"Sure that wasn't because of how all the other guys caught that flu?" Noble Knights asked. "And last I checked, the attempts to check him ended up retiring Super Quant."

"That's a story for another time, champ...." Darklords started up the chariot, whisking them into the air as Triamids and Ice Barrier tore through the building's ceiling, apparently freed of their normally pacifying demeanors and slugging each other.

"Besides, I've got two teams to see later that have three limits within their ranks apiece that are still pulling strong-Beatrice and Master Plan'll never shut up about it and I'd like some buzz b'fore they kill it. Pass another one of those to me." 

iU8EggM.png

Oh wait, there's a card above too? Yeah, might wanna use this on the opponent's turn, if at all-you've got better ways to pump out the Blue-Eyes that the Deck doesn't even sniff on the Road to Brickmania XXV. If it were a notoriety rating, G.T.A. would be spitting on your controller at that point.

BLS Envoy of the Beginning vs BLS Envoy of the Evening Twilight

Case in pt

Tiny brain: Using Melody to discard Blue-Eyes then using Return to bring it back

Small brain: Using No.95 to dump Blue-Eyes, Arkbrave and Stone to get two Blue-Eyes

Big brain: Using Onslaught at your opponent's end phase to put 9000 damage on board and potentially OTK

Huge brain: Using Card Trader's effect during your standby phase to shuffle your copy of Blue-Eyes in your hand then using Onslaught

Galactic brain: Using Onslaught at your opponent's end phase, only to summon Neo Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon and passing turn

Table 500 brain: Using Onslaught, drawing into Maiden with Eyes of Blue for draw phase, normal summoning it, then linkng your entire board for a Firewall Dragon and passing turn

Tiny brain: Using Melody to discard Blue-Eyes then using Return to bring it back

Small brain: Using No.95 to dump Blue-Eyes, Arkbrave and Stone to get two Blue-Eyes

Big brain: Using Onslaught at your opponent's end phase to put 9000 damage on board and potentially OTK

Huge brain: Using Card Trader's effect during your standby phase to shuffle your copy of Blue-Eyes in your hand then using Onslaught

Galactic brain: Using Onslaught at your opponent's end phase, only to summon Neo Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon and passing turn

Table 500 brain: Using Onslaught, drawing into Maiden with Eyes of Blue for draw phase, normal summoning it, then linkng your entire board for a Firewall Dragon and passing turn

God Brain: Don't run bad card cards

This is pretty terrible. A deck with 3 Blue-Eyes White Dragons would be getting them out of the deck first thing in order to even play the game. By the time you'd actually want to do things this way, you actually have to put on extra effort to get your dragons back into the deck with some card that'd be dead before that point.

I'm pretty sure Blue-Eyes decks can best-play-scenario get their 3 Blue-Eyes on the field and plus off of it without ruining setup. Besides, dragons want their GY. Neo BEUD, Gospel of Revival, Keeper of the Shrine, Azure Eyes, REDMD, etc.

I'd rather the card had been made with a dumb and specific activation requirement that reeked of "achievement unlocked" than a dumb drawback that's not worth it.

Archived