Space-Dogoran, the Karma of Kyoutou (The UnKaiju-Ing Kaiju that Could)

Superpowered Link 2s were a mistake

CHANGEMYMIND.gif

kyoutou.png

[spoiler=Space-Dogoran, the Karma of Kyoutou: Info]

DARK/Dinosaur-Type Effect Monster/Link-2/2000 ATK

Link Arrows: Up, Down

Lore: 2 monsters on the field that you own, including a "Kaiju" monster

When this card is Link Summoned: You can place 3 Kaiju Counters on this card. Gains 500 ATK for each Kaiju Counter on it, also it cannot attack directly while it has a Kaiju Counter. Cannot be Tributed. The names of all monsters this card points to becomes "Devotee of Space-Dogoran", they cannot destroy monsters by battle, also they cannot activate their effects that do not involve the removing of a counter(s). You can only control 1 "Space-Dogoran the Karma of Kyoutou".

So, spam the usual Kaiju Counter wonkery, inability to attack on the direct, and power for days. But wait! What's this? It converts names as well! But how would that work with an Archetype that can only control 1 "Kaiju" on the field at a time to be named something that doesn't involve the wor-

Ah. 

Well, then, whats to stop your opponent from simply Kaijuing over this card and ruining it in three (notices "cannot be Tributed" caveat)-

Well then...

Well this card places any monster it points to under battle-dealing immunity, so how could the Kaijus take advantage of that physic-

Well my, my, my, seems Kaiju just got them a wincon a la Palladion.

Guess this seals the deal for the defenders of the Waterfront and any Duelist trapped there. Till next time, reviews and revelry are like nachos and mozzarella cheese-I mean, look at how well they go together, amirite gaiz?

4b79d-sdcnm.gif

no need to be rude now Phil

BD'S, signing off.

I really love this card in pure Kaijus, as it fixes the problem of opening pure Kaijus. Say you have 4 and a Level 4 or lower; Tribute an opponent's monster, NS that other monster, go into this bad boy with your two monsters, then if your opponent still has an annoying monster, dump 1 Kaiju to their field, another Kaiju to your field under this monster, then, because your Summoned monster isn't considered a Kaiju any more, dump another from your hand. Beautiful. And this card even forces the Kaijus to leave if you have more than 1 if it leaves the field, so it cleans up itself after it.

Also, Borreloadoftrash amirite?

Pretty sure the ability to Link Summon it using monsters your opponent controls should be written in the card text, similar to the Chimeratechs, which list their materials as a regular Fusion, but explain their Summoning method in the text.

Looks like a great card. Removes the problem of leaving the opponent with a big Kaiju, and the effect stun on non-Kaijus is sweet. As if that wasn't enough, it generates Kaiju counters for you to use, it makes Gameciel's omni-negation a bit more relevant.

Archived