Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Ecclestial Archetype [WRITTEN, AGM]

- - - - - agm legacy

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Tinkerer Bartholomew Melon

The Aloof One

• Elite Members
  • 3,978 posts
    Last Visit A minute ago
  • Alias:Tinkerer

Hello... fine... peoples...

Ugh...

So I did this whole thing today and it was long and annoying and each card's text is about as lengthy as a Harry Potter novel and when I tried to post this the first time, I accidentally ported away before the post went through so... yeah.

Anyways, here's the prompt:

Ecclestial
Synchro-centric archetype of LIGHT monsters whose members have roles of clerics, priests, priestesses, healers, monks, witch doctors, shamans, sages, etc., and are pretty much a church/ecclesiastical organization. But the catch is that they are all Fiend monsters, and resemble demons. They go to show that not all devils are evil.
Their playstyles are LP gain and single-use protection from destruction in a similar fashion to "Return of the Dragon Lords" and the latest Six Samurais. They generate card advantage and plays when you gain LP, and most of their effects include a small to average LP gain bonus (e.g. an inverse Volcasaurus effect that gives you LP instead of burning the opponent), for them to be are able to trigger themselves. Basically they are Aromages done better, and with better support. Also they benefit from techs that give you LP, namely Ancient Fairy Dragon, Juragedo, etc.

This deck's playstyle is unusual in that it doesn't exactly conform to being much of an aggro, control, or stun deck.  Instead, it's a deck that specializes in breaking opponent's boards through different types of removal and swinging for damage while using their LP gain to soak up damage instead of directly inhibiting the opponent's plays (though they have a small capacity to do the latter).

Main Deck

Synchros

Spells/Traps

Anyways, if anyone wants to comment on this monstrosity of an archetype, feel free.  Any comments would be much appreciated.

Cheers!

Hello, fine peoples!

Darj

Darj

One with the wind

• Senior Members
  • 7,180 posts
    Last Visit Today, 12:21 AM

A Synchro Pendulum archetype, huh. That was quite the surprise.

They look good enough at first glance. Hopefully the Trap won't distort the archetype into an alternate form of Life Equalizer OTK.

It bugs me a bit that some of the when you gain LP" effects miss timing, since they are both "when" and "you can" effects. IMO you can make them not miss timing without breaking anything.

Priestess and Templar appear to be the main board controllers if you pair them on the Pendulum Zones. By the way, one of Templar's effect as the condition "If an "Ecclestial" monster(s) you control would be destroyed by battle...", but then it doesn't state what happens to the would-be destroyed monster, so it confuses me why it has a "would be" condition if it doesn't prevent the destruction nor anything.

I find amusing how you can make use of destruction engines like Metalfoes, Diagram, Sky Iris, etc. to pop the Spells and get the searches while maintaining card advantage and dig into the deck. Then again, thay have their own engine in Temple.

By the way, the Cont.Trap adds the monster as the cost of the effect. Was that intended?

Posted Image

— Don’t forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
— As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.

Stand

Posted ImagePosted Image
Credits: cat6757(dA) - Neko-Slay(dA)

The Aloof One

• Topic Starter
  • Elite Members
  • 3,978 posts
    Last Visit A minute ago
  • Alias:Tinkerer

Pretty much everything about this archetype, from the continuous trap sending as cost to the fact they all can miss timing so you can't stack 5+ effects at once was actually intentional.  However I did have trouble gauging how comparatively powerful it would be if I let certain limitations loose, so I wanted to keep things close at hand (at least at first).

Templar though... I need to rework.  It had actually gone through two iterations so I think I'd messed up and left some things held over.  I'll try fixing it up later.  Thanks for the catch!

Hello, fine peoples!

Darj

Darj

One with the wind

• Senior Members
  • 7,180 posts
    Last Visit Today, 12:21 AM

I would prefer if they didn't miss timing in exchange of hard OPTs, but that's just me. Your way works too, but may be complicated if you wan to splash LP-recovery techs

Posted Image

— Don’t forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
— As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.

Stand

Posted ImagePosted Image
Credits: cat6757(dA) - Neko-Slay(dA)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users