Wicked Ritual of the Fallen

jotaxper3

so__let_me_get_this_straight____by_newge

If I read this correctly, it doesn't matter if your monster doesn't have a Level (so...Links and Xyz are viable materials), but you just gotta banish a number of them equal to the monster you want. As far as Ritual decks are concerned right now, there's not much reason to banish 6 monsters for something like, Saffira (I'm picking a random Ritual that is still viable). Granted, if we get Ritual Monsters that benefit off the banishing, then sure, maybe it's worth it. Otherwise, there's not enough payoff to offset the cost into summoning decent monsters.

IDK, you could try using ATK instead, though in most cases, exact amounts won't be possible; just have it equal/exceed its value. Or keep the current one, but lower the condition to half that monster's Level (though with odd Level stuff, I suppose you have to round up so you don't get to summon Level 1s for free). 

Off-topic: Yes, I'm using a gif at the start of this post. IDK if Yui has this in his collection or not. 

This works well for lower Level Rituals like the last one you made, but anything higher than that is usually not going to want this, given the high effort.

If you look at more recent Ritual Spells, a few have additional effects beyond just the usual Ritual things. So yeah, protection would be good (i.e. cannot chain to its summoning, cannot target/destroy it), maybe Armades-level effect (this blocks out monster effects / hand traps in addition to Spell/Traps), etc. You can try working out something. 

The card is alright, IMO. Searchable by Sonic Bird, Manju/Senju, etc. allows for cheaper Ritual Summons, low Level Rituals have it easier while for the bigger ones you will need to set up a bigger GY, keeping it on check, and even then, getting 7+ monsters isn't that big of a deal nowadays.

Archived