[SD34] Cynet Codec

wWCkNwg.png?1

Cynet Codec

Continuous Spell

-You can only use this card name's effect once per Chain.

(1) If a "Code Talker" monster(s) is Special Summoned from the Extra Deck to your field: You can target that monster; add 1 Cyberse monster with the same Attribute from your Deck to your hand, but you cannot add other monsters with the same Attribute to your hand for the rest of this turn, also you cannot Special Summon monsters from the Extra Deck, except Cyberse monsters.

Cynet Codec

So basicly a get a search for each attribute code talker one can get out, using Micro Coder/Code Radiator + Swap Cleric -> Code Talker into searching a dark cyberse (in case of Code Radiator Micro Coder) and use the searched monster for Transcode, search an earth, use transcode to revive code talker and go into another Code Talker getting a third search and that is just the tip of the iceberg.

Every Attribute has a self summoning monster and Code Talker being a link 2 dark means getting Micro Coder (or this card with Micro Coder) to get Cynet Optimize and thus a second normal summon allows one to play all searched Attribute Cyberses including Earth only having (Bitlooper or) Widget Kid, while the other Attributes either have monsters that can be used as Material from one's hand or be special summoned with ease (link-infraflier and backup secretary to mention only a few).

Not to mention that this card enabling Micro Coder into Cynet Optimize and then linking for Encode Talker can enable tutoring out a triggered Cyberse Gadget in the middle of these combos for 3 more materials and 2-3 potential searches.

This is a very interesting way to search, though I suppose you've gotta play it carefully; one wrong move locks you out of searching an important combo extender leaving you with a lackluster field.

Cyberse kinda feels like every hand should be playable in some form or another, yet I still don't see getting out multiple Code Talkers at once to be an easy feat for the deck (at least without summoning Transcode somewhere in the middle), which I feel the deck needs to be capable of doing if it wants to really do damage.

This is a very interesting way to search, though I suppose you've gotta play it carefully; one wrong move locks you out of searching an important combo extender leaving you with a lackluster field.

Cyberse kinda feels like every hand should be playable in some form or another, yet I still don't see getting out multiple Code Talkers at once to be an easy feat for the deck (at least without summoning Transcode somewhere in the middle), which I feel the deck needs to be capable of doing if it wants to really do damage.

The translation on YGOrganization states the restriction to only apply to its own name, so being careful would not apply for that version.

In any case this card allows them to spiral out of control with a bit more support and be alright before then ... maybe, at the very least this piece of support is solid.

I mean, searching is generally a good thing, but the restrictions on this feel pretty rough. Not getting the search until after summoning the code talker forces you into more specific avenues of play, while the attribute-based limitations vary from annoying to debilitating.

Though it isn't OPT, it limits the strength of other, more functional methods of searching.

I mean, searching is generally a good thing, but the restrictions on this feel pretty rough. Not getting the search until after summoning the code talker forces you into more specific avenues of play, while the attribute-based limitations vary from annoying to debilitating.

Though it isn't OPT, it limits the strength of other, more functional methods of searching.

Some of the wordings of translations on this site are incomplete (e.g. Micro Coder and Code Radiator), so this card's restriction on YGOrganization sounds more likely, given that that one has a few more words in its translated text, which would mean this card would only restrict searches of cards with Cynet Codec.

Archived