[Link-1] Evoltile Sasphond (Ferocious Flying Fossils Foster Fear For (Card) Fighters)

Black D'Sceptyr

evoltile_saspond_by_bdsceptyr-dcebk0u.pn

[spoiler=Evoltile Sasphond: Info]

FIRE/Reptile-Type Link Effect Monster/Link-1/1000 ATK

Lore: 1 Level 3 or lower Reptile monster 

You can Tribute 1 "Evoltile" monster; all monsters you control gain 500 ATK or DEF (your choice). (Quick Effect): You can target 1 card you control; destroy it, and if you do, Special Summon 1 Level 3 or lower Reptile monster from your Deck, then you can add 1 "Evo-" card from your Deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Evoltile Saspond" once per turn.

Since most of the Evo-Extra Deck-ers have a lot to do with negating stuff, I decided to let this card offer the same privilege upon Summon, but without the necessary destruction. Then it takes itself out of the equation to Summon something from the Deck and add you an "Evo" Spell-another area that the Evotiles/ Evolzars don't necessarily get when they need it. 

Originally I was planning for this card to have a Dinosaur generic Special Summon effect included, in order to help raise more FIRE Dinosaur Archetypes alongside this boat. But really-the mission creep for many of these Links is already becoming a sticking point for most of these originally Archetype-locked chestnuts, Needlefiber and Isolde being the most present examplesAnd Reptiles, but unlike my previous examples no one likes Reptiles

Ennywez, this was your choice as the status check of YCM demanded and I hope you enjoy. 

Until next time, reviews, revelry, you know the drill. 

BD'S, signing off.

UPDATE I: Well, doesn't most of this card's description not fit it anymore: I made it into a strictly Evoltile spammer from now on. Najasho and Elginero'll love this card all the more now, since it can trigger both their effects, single handed. Pleuro too, since the trigger to Summon a Reptile favors it now.

First effect is kinda odd, specifically the second condition, as this card isn't going to be surviving more than a turn. Maybe if you use some of that memey ZEXAL Xyzing during your opponent's turn, but that's not too reliable at all. At least it doesn't target. Shame it doesn't help trigger the Evoltiles in the first place, being something useful only in its own right after your initial Summon.

Main issue, however, is the fact that in any Deck with a Level 3 or lower Reptile gets to Summon any Reptile from their Deck. I mean, it's great for the current card pool, but it's so easily going to become a new form of Crystron Needlefiber if any really good Reptile gets made. Not that I'm complaining so much, because REPTILES NEED HELP, but the fact that this is a Link 1 and negates an effect...yeah.

I don't like it. Does a bit too much and it's too generic for a Link1. Not to mention it practically sets up Evo-Singularity on its own, which on itself is a sweet power play despite the 1-turn delay of the Trap, but then in pushes it a bit if you consider the rest of the card and its other effect,

Also, not a big fan of destroying the card as a cost, since such thing has no precedence, except for maintenance costs of course.

Also, not a big fan of destroying the card as a cost, since such thing has no precedence, except for maintenance costs of course.

Totally missed this; but yeah, it is a more powerful card in the same vein as Needlefibre.

Totally missed this; but yeah, it is a more powerful card in the same vein as Needlefibre.

I don't like it. Does a bit too much and it's too generic for a Link1. Not to mention it practically sets up Evo-Singularity on its own, which on itself is a sweet power play despite the 1-turn delay of the Trap, but then in pushes it a bit if you consider the rest of the card and its other effect,

That's two good reasons for me to switch it up then.

I originally had a different design for Sasphond, and you've convinced me on reverting back to it-it being like this and a Link 1 wasn't going to likely fly, but I wanted to try. 

Take a look at it now, gents-it's the original version of it, before I got cold feet looking at SlackerMagician's Evolzar Bista. Not an excuse, simply an explanation.

Archived