Season 18 Leaderboard Postseason

Welcome to the Season 18 Leaderboard Postseason.

(Striker asked me to run this one due to possible lack of internet at the time.)

[spoiler=Rules]
1. All rules apply.

2. The rounds shall be hosted in the 1v1 subforum by me.

3. Top 4 in regular season may enter, though they have been sent PMs first.

If a slot is not taken, those who ranked lower may register; otherwise anyone else may, but Leaderboard ranking in the season takes precedence.

4. Deadline for entry is 6/15/2018 @ 11:30 pm HST though I have the right to close entry early.

5. This will be a round-robin tournament, meaning you will fight the other members once.

6. You have 48 hours after the theme is announced to get an entry in.

I will grant extensions of 2 days per match to account for absences you may incur due to work, college, etc (but you need to tell me in advance).

Make sure you pay attention to this thread, as I will not PM reminders. You will get an in-thread mention announcing the theme and submission time, but that's it.

7. All cards must be PM'd to me. (If you are having internet trouble, you may have another user send me your stuff instead)

8. The winners of each round get a rep from the losers.

9. The brackets shall be done through Challonge.

10. Seeding shall be based on regular season standings.

11. I have the right to add rules as we go.

[spoiler=Card Requirements]
Match 1:

Match 2:

Match 3:

[spoiler=Prizes]
1st: 10,00 points, 3 Reps
2nd: 7,500 points, 2 Reps
3rd: 5,000 points, 1 Rep

[spoiler=Contestants]
BDS

Dova

Batmed

(unknown)

===

So yeah, good luck. 

I'll announce the themes once the entrants are accounted for; either by the noted deadline or the other members who were given invites (5th/6th place) accept and a spot is open.

So yeah, after sending out invites and working out replacements, the participants for Postseason are as follows.

- @@Black D'Sceptyr
- @@Dova
- @@BatMed
- @@Krashkube

During each of the themes, I'll use the mention system to alert you of the requirements and deadline. Please make sure you have your notifications enabled, or just check it every so often. 

https://challonge.com/postseason18
(In case you need to check pairings and where you stand; I'll try to update the OP with the results too.)

Theme #1 will be:

Design a WATER Beast Link. 

Beast-Type
WATER-Attribute
Link

Theme comes from a Java program I use to generate some archetype prompts; the full thing is below, but you only need to deal with the specs in the quote above.

[spoiler=Here]

Beast-Type
WATER-Attribute
Link
High ATK
High DEF
Fast summoning speed
Low S/T usage
19 cards in total

Enjoy your cardmaking!

You have until June 18th, 2018 @ 8:30 pm HST to get something in. 

Please let me know if you have any questions or require an extension for whatever reason. (Also yeah, PM me your entries; don't post them in here)

Sorry for the delay with round 2's theme, but yeah, here's your next task. 

@@Black D'Sceptyr
@@Dova
@@BatMed
@@Krashkube

Design a legacy support card for any archetype of your choosing. 

Let's face it; there's a ton of archetypes we all like to play and want Konami to support, but you know how bad they are at doing it. So...might as well do the legacy stuff ourselves at this point. I would advise not designing cards for archetypes that don't need any more help at present, but it is really up to you.

===

Deadline is June 24th, 2018 @ 3:15 am HST

(Though, because this time is technically early in the morning, I may be asleep by then, depending if I'm going to do my usual Sunday errands offsite. If this happens, I'll probably check around 9-9:15 am after I get up. But if you guys all turn in stuff before then, matches can start faster.)

As usual, ask if you have questions about what's permissible with the theme.

===

P.S. You are permitted to post your round 1 entry cards in regular CC for further reviews if you so choose. Once the round ends, you're allowed to do this. 

Sooner we clean out the Postseason, the sooner you get to play Season 19 if Leaderboard still survives at this point (and season opener)

But anyway, your round 3 theme is as follows:

Make a fox-themed card. 

Provided it's vulpine in nature, whatever comes out is fine (probably might be monster cards mostly, but whatever you come up with works). Anthropomorphic foxes are also permitted for this theme (i.e. fox boys/girls, Nick Wilde, etc)

[spoiler=If you need some artwork and stuff]

Bq7yrBx.png

(Technically made this for a Link 3 Spirit support offsite, but you can use it.)

97fa2fd09d400c98dc108dea633c3b1a.jpg

NWzypuk.jpg

234c913d64359eb9de746aaf6c717b08be957447

1449636571.makawolf_kyubi1.png

gVA1kt0.png

(These should resize in the cardmaker (either internal or Neo New) or TCGEditor / automated programs. For templating, you'll have to shrink them yourselves as appropriate.)

NOTE: These are only sample pics you can play with if lack of viable ones on Google or whatever; you're not required to use them (or have a pic at all). 

iU8EggM.png

Deadline's June 30th, 2018 @ 10 pm HST

So...

@@Black D'Sceptyr

@@Dova

@@BatMed

@@Krashkube

Now's your time. 

As usual, ask if you require an extension or have any questions about what is permissible. 

I said I'd get your tiebreaker theme out in 24 hours after the ending of round 3; not 48+. Apologies. 

Normally, this would be where we'd close up the tournament, award prizes and then open Season 19 up until whenever. But...because all of you were 1-1 going into the last round, we gotta do this (and well, nature of round robin).

Your tiebreaker theme will be:

Design a "HERO" Extra Deck monster that can work in the current environment. 

• Retrain of an existing HERO or a new one entirely from scratch are both permissible.
  • Any of the existing Extra Deck mechanics (Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, Pendulum, Link) may be used for your design; it does not have to be solely Fusion or Link (see Wonder Driver).
  • New sub-archetypes or supporting one of the existing ones is fine.

Turn this in to me by July 7th, 2018 @ 9 pm HST, though do let me know ahead of time if you need an extension or have questions. 

@@Dova

@@Black D'Sceptyr

@@BatMed

@@Krashkube

Dova gets a rematch with BDS for the title.

Batmed gets to rematch Krashkube for bronze.

After the dust clears for Season 18, the final standings are thus (and apparently Challonge was accurate in predicting stuff)

1st goes to BDS, who gets the Leaderboard Champion group until December.

2nd goes to Dova

3rd is BatMed (well, due to him technically getting a card in)

4th is Krashkube

So yeah, let me go award the other prizes and then kick off Season 19. Uh, I'll just do the latter first and then everything else is on Striker, provided he got his net back; reason why I did this one was due to him not having net at the time. 

Archived