Battle Bunny Archetype [Updated] 26/26

SnowBunny

So awhile ago, around the time I found YCM and started making cards, I made this archetype. (Link here: https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/363367-battle-bunny/ ). Since then, I have made many new cards and have updated the old cards. A lot of the old cards have the same effects, just the wording was updated. Their names are all named after different breeds of rabbits. They are very heavily revolved around battling and have card effects to protect them so they can successfully attack and gain effects. You use Pendulum Summoning mechanics to summon out the material fodder and the monsters that are being summoned by using them gain their various effects. I wasn't quite sure how to word the effect on Feu Noir, Rhone, and Zika that lets them gain the effects of monsters used to summon them, they are quite long as you can see. They are in essence a beat-down deck.

[spoiler=Pendulum Monsters]
3W7uObQ.png
Battle Bunny Altex and Baladi
Level 4 EARTH/Beast/Pendulum/Effect
1000/0 Scale:3
Monster Effect: If this card is Tributed for the Tribute Summon of a "Battle Bunny" monster, that monster gains the following effect: 

• This card can attack twice during each Battle Phase.

Pendulum Effect:  If you do not control a "Battle Bunny" monster that has gained this card's monster effect: You can activate this effect; you can target 1 "Battle Bunny" monster you control, that monster can make up to 2 attacks on monsters during each Battle Phase this turn. You can only use this effect of "Battle Bunny Altex and Baladi" once per turn.

Z5t43uS.png
Battle Bunny Harlequin
Level 4 EARTH/Beast/Pendulum/Tuner/Effect
1800/700 Scale:5
Monster Effect: If this card is Tributed for the Tribute Summon of a "Battle Bunny" monster, that monster gains the following effect: 

• This card cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects.

Pendulum Effect: Once per turn, during either player's turn, you can target 1 "Battle Bunny" monster you control: That monster cannot be targeted by monster effects this turn. 

8UnGmqM.png
Battle Bunny Holland Lop
1200/1800 Scale:3

• (Quick Effect) Once per turn, if your opponent activates a card or effect that would remove this card from the field; pay 1000 LP to negate that effect and destroy it. You can only use this effect gained by a monster Tribute Summoned by Tributing “Battle Bunny Holland Lop” once per turn.

Pendulum Effect: If your opponent Special Summons a monster while you control a Tribute Summoned "Battle Bunny" monster: You can negate that monster's effects during the Main Phase 1 and Battle Phase this turn. You can only use this effect of "Battle Bunny Holland Lop" once per turn.

dzDLFVA.png
Battle Bunny Kabyle
1100/1600 Scale:5

• Once per turn: You can shuffle 1 card from each player's GY into the Deck, then target 1 monster your opponent controls; that monster loses 500 ATK and DEF until the End Phase.

Pendulum Effect: You can shuffle any number of "Battle Bunny" cards from your hand into the Deck, then draw cards equal to the number of cards you shuffled into the Deck. You can only use this effect of "Battle Bunny Kabyle" once per turn.

PTCNBjQ.png
Battle Bunny Rex
600/1900 Scale:3

• This card cannot be destroyed by battle, or be Tributed by card effects.

Pendulum Effect: Once per turn, during either player's turn, the first time a "Battle Bunny" monster you control that would be destroyed by battle, is not destroyed.

rOnutYi.png
Battle Bunny Rhinelander
1500/500 Scale:3

• If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle, you can Special Summon 1 "Battle Bunny" monster from your GY or face-up in your Extra Deck and if it is a non-Pendulum monster, it gains its effects. During the End Phase: Return the Special Summoned monster to the hand. You can only use this effect gained by a monster Tribute Summoned by Tributing “Battle Bunny Rhinelander” once per turn.

Pendulum Effect: During your Battle Phase, if a "Battle Bunny" monster you control destroys an opponent's monster by battle: Target 1 "Battle Bunny" card in your GY; add it to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Battle Bunny Rhinelander" once per turn.

gSXnqf4.png
Battle Bunny Silver Marten
1600/1000 Scale:5

• This card cannot be destroyed by your opponent's card effects.

Pendulum Effect: Once per turn, during either player's turn, the first time a "Battle Bunny" monster(s) you control that would be destroyed by an opponent's Spell/Trap effect, is not destroyed.

RkhUMbL.png
Battle Bunny Velveteen
1300/1300 Scale:5

• This card gains 600 ATK and DEF.

Pendulum Effect: All "Battle Bunny" monsters you control gain 400 ATK and DEF during the Battle Phase.

w0hoqDI.png
Battle Bunny Wheaten
1400/1800 Scale:3

• If this card attacks or is attacked by an opponent's monster, that monster loses 400 ATK and DEF during the Damage Step only.

Pendulum Effect: All monsters your opponent controls lose 300 ATK and DEF during your Battle Phase.

KHifr4D.png
Battle Bunny Zemmouri
1700/300 Scale:5

• If this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent: You can target 1 Set card your opponent controls; destroy it. You can only use this effect gained by a monster Tribute Summoned by Tributing “Battle Bunny Zemmouri” once per turn.

Pendulum Effect: If you do not control a "Battle Bunny" monster that has gained this card's monster effect: When a "Battle Bunny" monster you control declares an attack, you can activate this effect; you can target 1 face-up card your opponent controls, return it to the hand. You can only use this effect of "Battle Bunny Zemmouri" once per turn.

[spoiler=Tribute Summon Monsters]
yTcair4.jpg
Battle Bunny Argente
Level 5 EARTH/Beast/Effect
2000/600

If this card is Tribute Summoned by Tributing a Pendulum Summoned "Battle Bunny" monster, it gains the following effect:
• Negate the effects of monsters this card battles with, until the End Phase (even in the GY).

bN2PtMF.jpg
Battle Bunny Britannia
Level 6 EARTH/Beast/Effect
2400/1400

If this card is Tribute Summoned by Tributing a Pendulum Summoned "Battle Bunny" monster, it gains the following effects:
• This card gain 600 ATK and DEF. If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing battle damage to your opponent. 

PWIGJ6h.jpg
Battle Bunny Cinnamon
Level 8 EARTH/Beast/Effect
3000/1500

If this card is Tribute Summoned by Tributing a Pendulum Summoned "Battle Bunny" monster, it gains the following effects:
• If this card attacks, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects until the end of the Damage Step. If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: Banish that monster and inflict damage to your opponent equal to half that monster's original ATK. 

LPwi6Vo.jpg
Battle Bunny Elfin
Level 7 EARTH/Beast/Effect
2600/1700

If this card is Tribute Summoned by Tributing a Pendulum Summoned "Battle Bunny" monster, it gains the following effect:
• Once per turn, if your opponent declares an attack on a "Battle Bunny" monster you control: You can negate that attack, then inflict damage to your opponent equal to half that monster's original ATK.

dkCiQ7F.jpg
Battle Bunny Satin
Level 8 EARTH/Beast/Effect
2700/2100

• Once per turn, if this card declares an attack on an Attack Position monster: you can destroy that monster before the Damage Step.

FqJdh9x.jpg
Battle Bunny Thrianta
2200/1200

• If your opponent Special Summons a monster with an original ATK higher than this card's original ATK: You can target that monster; return it to the hand. You can only use this effect of "Battle Bunny Thrianta" once per turn.

AHscVVP.jpg
Battle Bunny Vienna
2100/900

• If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: You can draw 1 card. If that card was a "Battle Bunny" monster: You can Special Summon it from your hand, also if it was a non-Pendulum "Battle Bunny" monster, it gains its effects. You can only use this effect of "Battle Bunny Vienna" once per turn.

[spoiler=Spells]
eYZ81Is.jpg
Battle Bunny Grand Arena
Fiend Spell
Your opponent cannot negate the attacks of "Battle Bunny" monsters. Once per turn, during your Battle Phase: If your opponent activates a Spell/Trap card; you can negate the activation, and if you do, Set that card face-down. If a "Battle Bunny" card you control is sent from the field to the GY by battle or your opponent's card effect: Draw 1 card. You can only use this effect of "Battle Bunny Grand Arena" once per turn.

q3WWqLw.jpg
Battle Bunny Invoked
Quick-Play Spell

Activate 1 of these effects:
• If you control a "Battle Bunny" Pendulum Card in each of your Pendulum Zones: Special Summon 1 "Battle Bunny" Pendulum Monster from your Deck, it is treated as if it was Pendulum Summoned. 
• If you have no "Battle Bunny" Pendulum Cards in your Pendulum Zones: Place 1 "Battle Bunny" Pendulum Card from your Deck in a Pendulum Zone on your side of the field. 
You can banish this card from your GY, except the turn it was sent to the GY: Add 1 "Battle Bunny" monster from your Deck to your hand. You can only use each effect of "Battle Bunny Invoked" once per turn.

PZsUmlq.jpg
Battle Bunny Mechannouncer
Continuous Spell
When this card is activated: Add 1 "Battle Bunny" card from your Deck or face-up in your Extra Deck to your hand, except "Battle Bunny Mechannouncer". You can Tribute Summon a "Battle Bunny" monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. During your Main Phase 1, you can send this face-up card you control to the GY: Place 1 "Battle Bunny" Pendulum Monster face-up in your Extra Deck to a Pendulum Zone on your side of the field. You can only use each effect of "Battle Bunny Mechannouncer" once per turn.

6uBMQsV.jpg
Battle Bunny Midnight Duel
Continuous Spell
When this card is activated: You can shuffle 2 "Battle Bunny" cards from your GY or face-up in your Extra Deck into the Deck; draw 1 card. If a Tribute Summoned "Battle Bunny" monster you control destroys an opponent's monster by battle: You can destroy 1 Spell/Trap your opponent controls. You can only use each effect of "Battle Bunny Midnight Duel" once per turn.

[spoiler=Extra Deck]
XShV9gA.png
Battle Bunny Angora
EARTH/Beast/Link/Effect
Link Marker:
800/-1

1 "Battle Bunny" monster
If this card was Link Summoned using a Pendulum Summoned "Battle Bunny" monster, it is treated as a Pendulum Summoned "Battle Bunny" monster if used for the Tribute Summon of a "Battle Bunny" monster. If this card is Tributed for the Tribute Summon of a "Battle Bunny" monster, that monster gains the following effect: 
• Once per turn, if this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: Send 1 random card from your opponent's hand to the GY. 
You can only Special Summon "Battle Bunny Angora" once per turn.

UaoAB3K.png
Battle Bunny Feu Noir
EARTH/Beast/Link/Effect
Link Marker: ←↑→
2300/-3
2+ "Battle Bunny" monsters
This card gains the effects of the Pendulum Monsters used to Link Summon this card as if they were used for the Tribute Summon of a "Battle Bunny" monster, also it gains the effects of the Level 5 or higher monsters Summoned from the hand used to Link Summon this card as if they were Tribute Summoned using a Pendulum Summoned "Battle Bunny" monster. Your opponent can only Special Summon once per turn while you control a "Battle Bunny" Pendulum card in each of your Pendulum Zones. You can only control 1 "Battle Bunny Feu Noir"

93k95Bv.png
Battle Bunny Gouwenaar
EARTH/Beast/Link/Effect
Link Marker: ↙↘
1900/-2

2 "Battle Bunny" monsters
If this card is Link Summoned by using a Pendulum Summoned "Battle Bunny" monster(s), it gains the following effect:
• "Battle Bunny" Pendulum Cards in your Pendulum Zones cannot be destroyed by your opponent's card effects. 
You can add 1 "Battle Bunny" Spell/Trap from your Deck to your hand. If this card is sent from the field to the GY by battle or your opponent's card effect: Add 1 "Battle Bunny" monster face-up in your Extra Deck to your hand, then you can return 1 "Battle Bunny" Pendulum Card from your Pendulum Zone to your hand. You can only use each effect of "Battle Bunny Gouwenaar" once per turn.

4cAJgIQ.jpg
Battle Bunny Rhone
Level 8 EARTH/Beast/Fusion/Effect
2800/2000

3 "Battle Bunny" monsters
Must be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by tributing the above materials and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. (You do not use "Polymerization".) This card gains the effects of the Pendulum and Link 1 Monsters used to Special Summon this card as if they were used for the Tribute Summon of a "Battle Bunny" monster, also it gains the effects of the Level 5 or higher monsters Summoned from the hand used to Special Summon this card as if they were Tribute Summoned using a Pendulum Summoned "Battle Bunny" monster. All "Battle Bunny" monsters you control are unaffected by your opponent's card effects that change ATK or battle positions. If this card declares an attack on an opponent's monster: If that monster is in Defense Position, you can change it to attack position, also during the Damage Step; that monster loses 500 ATK and this card gains 500 ATK.

iOb2UFI.jpg
Battle Bunny Zika
Level 8 EARTH/Beast/Synchro/Effect
2500/1100
1 "Battle Bunny" Tuner + 1 non-Tuner "Battle Bunny" monster
This card gains the effects of the Pendulum Monsters used to Synchro Summon this card as if they were used for the Tribute Summon of a "Battle Bunny" monster. If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: Look at your opponent's Extra Deck, also banish 1 card from your opponent's Extra Deck. If this card is sent to the GY (by battle or card effect): Target 1 monster your opponent controls; that monster loses 800 ATK and DEF.

To start with, I reworked the effect of Altex and Baladi to be a bit clearer in in how they functioned. I’m pretty sure I

captured your original intent with them but correct me if I’m wrong. I also suggest changing the archetype name from “Battle Bunny” to “Battle Bun”; that way you can call the plural character cards “Battle Bunnies” and still have it part of the architype.

Battle Bunnies Altex and Baladi

1000/0 Scale:3

Pendulum Effect: Once per turn, if you do not control a monster that has gained the monster effect of this card, you can target a “Battle Bun” monster you control; that monster can make up to 2 attacks on monsters during each Battle Phase this turn.

Monster Effect: A “Battle Bun” monster that was Tribute Summoned by Tributing this card gains this effect

• This card can declare a second attack during each Battle Phase.

Clarified, this card is pretty good. Harlequin is also great, giving the cards some much needed protection.

Holland Lop though may be problematic. It’s pendulum effect is fine, but it’s monster effects might cause ruling problems. See, once she’s been Tributed, that effect becomes an effect of the newly summoned monster, not her. So, her HOPT clause wouldn’t work. At most I think you can do is word it as:

Monster Effect: A “Battle Bun” monster that was Tribute Summoned by Tributing this card gains this effect:

• If your opponent activates a card or effect that would remove this card from the field you can play 1000 LP; negate that card/effect and destroy it. You can only use this effect of one monster Tribute Summoned using by Tributing “Battle Bunny Holland Lop” per turn, and only once per turn.

Kabyle, Rex, Rhinelander, and Silver Marten are all good, though I think the wording on Marten’s Pend effect is a bit off. I suggest removing the “that” in it.

Velveteen is almost always better in your Pen zone then tributed, so I might suggest the Tribute boost be larger, say 800, ad it’s only going to one monster. Wheaten has the same problem in that it only affects ones monster when tributed, but is at least balanced out by having the “wider net” eff only working during your turn.

Zemmouri is just great. Well balanced, with a pair of very useful effects.

Moving on to the tributes. You may want to use bullet points to differentiate effects on these guys if you can. They all have good, useful effects, though I do worry there are too many of them for the archetype to support.

On Grand Arena, you might want to specify if the drawing happens if your mon is killed in battle. It’s kind of ambiguous how it is written. Otherwise a useful card for the archetype.

Now Invoked, that’s a good card! It helps to fix a lot of the issues I noticed regarding consistency. Use to it to get your Pendulums one turn, and something to tribute something next turn, very useful! Good job with it.

Mechannouncer also provides some much-needed support by letting you get off those Tribute Summons and providing some necessary search.

I’m sorry to say I don’t like Midnight Duel. It’s second effects is just fine for the archetype, but it’s first effects screams abuse in Exodia and a few other decks.

Angora is great. I had to reread Feu Noir a few times to make sure I understood here. It’s a very complicated card, but I don’t see anything inherently wrong with it. The working could be a bit clearer, but off the top of my head I don’t particularly see how.

Gouwenaar is over powered though. I’d raise it’s rating one and give it an up arrow if I were you.

Rhone, like Few Noir, is pretty complicated. The only part that causes trouble is her last effect. You have it written with the position change being a cost and the stat changing the effect, but then go on the say you don’t have to actually pay the cost to get the effect. That’s.. just wrong. Sorry, but it just doesn’t work.

Zika is great.

If I had to pick a flaw with the archtype, it’s that none of the pendulum monsters can be Tribute Summoned. With the Qli archetype the same monsters fulfill the roles of Tributed and Tributed for, creating a greater balance. Here, if you only have only the pends or only the non-pends, you can easily be out of luck.

Thanks for the review. I'm going to keep the archetype name "Battle Bunny" since I created Altex and Baladi to be considered as one entity as they had split from a single being. I also just kind of slapped the restriction on their pend effect quickly as I noticed it could be over powered. I will probably change the tribute effects of the pend monsters to "You can only gain this effect once per turn" and something along the lines of "You can only control 1 monster that has gained this effect". I will not be changing any of the tribute summon monsters to pends since it will ruin my idea for this archetype.

Altex and Baladi: Clarified above. This is essentially what I wanted the effect to be.

Holland Lop: Wasn't putting the hopt on the tribute effect, but the entire effect itself, but clarified what I was planning on doing above.

Silver Marten: I'm pretty sure that's how it's suppose to be worded.

I guess I could up Velveteen's ATK/DEF gain on the tribute effect, but would probably make it 600 instead of 800.

Wheaten is good since the tribute effect happens during either player's bp.

Arena: Ya, I was just being lazy, I will put (by battle or card effect)

Duel: I will make it so you can only shuffle "Battle Bunny" cards into deck to draw 1.

I understand that Feu Noir and Rhone effects are complicated, didn't know of any other way to word them. Also, for Rhone's last effect I will reword to make it not so weird.

Gouwenaar: I will take away the target part of the first effect to nerf it a little. Keeping the search. Making it so you can only use the last effect if destroyed by your opponent and sent to the GY and it will also be hopt.

I can't change any of the cards right now since I'm doing this on the phone and I'm not home and might not be for awhile.

Edited all the cards. Made the changes above and also tweaked some additional effects. I took @@SecondSeraphim effect of "You can only use this effect of one monster Tribute Summoned using by Tributing “Battle Bunny Holland Lop” per turn, and only once per turn." and refined it a bit to make it a little shorter and what I thought would be PSCT.

I am also working on a lore for "Battle Bunny" that involves them vs. another 1 of my archetypes called "Inari" and also with an archetype I am working on now.

(Link here for Inari: https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/363376-inari-deck-fun-new-and-exciting/ ) It is quite old, but I thought they would go well together as enemies in lore.

Changes on Altex and Baladi and Zemmouri effects. They didn't have the "If you do not control a "Battle Bunny" monster that has gained this card's monster effect: You can activate this effect;" in their pend effects. Also, small wording changes on Arena and Gouwenaar effects.

Archived