Ignition Star (Striking Down Sky Arcs and the Dueltainers Underneath Since 2018)

Black D'Sceptyr

I'm getting wonderful feedback on all my previous cards that generically support cards cuz of y'allllllllllllll

You're not gonna stop seeing obscure Yugioh Arc-V characters get support from the Blades of Change Workshop  cuz of meeeeeeee

ignition_star_by_bdsceptyr-dcewcov.png

[spoiler=Ignition Star: Info]

Field Spell Card

Lore: Once per turn: You can send 1 Spell/Trap from your hand or field to the GY; Special Summon 1 Level 5 LIGHT Warrior monster from your Deck, but its ATK becomes 800. While you control a Warrior Fusion Monster, monsters your opponent controls lose 200 ATK for each of your unused Monster Zones, also they gain these effects, depending on the number of those Zones.

• 2+: You must pay 800 LP to activate this card's effects. 
• 3+: You must pay 800 LP to attack with this card. 
• 4+: If this card's ATK changes: You take 800 damage.

So Iggy Arlo's got a brand new bag, courtesy of this Field Spell. Discards Spells (and Traps) like heavy water for the benefit, like a lot of instances in Arc-V that wasn't prefaced by BUTYOUSTILLTAKETHEDAMAGE tended to lean towards in the most superfluous gimmick gracing Dueling this side of Capsule Monsters so sorry about that, I meant Speed Duels. 

Bringing out LIGHT Warriors, however, could get dicey. I'd like to not regret making this card, but I'm sure Constellar Pleadies and the somehow-not-at-1 Terraforming will make me anyhow. Regardless, Warriors don't stop getting nice things just because some of 'em abuse the privilege.

The main draw is in making use of a sparse field. That's a specifically Iggy-Arlo-beneficial twist to the card. And forcing your opponent to go through hoops just to make basic play is part and parcel of what made Trickstars so indescribably, universally, visiting the DMV via 2 hour drive-level-reviled famous. So having this in story actually benefits light fields in a way that doesn't utterly killswitch any hope the opponent has for recovery-part of the reason I fear that Kaiser Colosseum got its hit over here in TCG. 

Lemme know if this did our resident Ersatz Ushio proud. 

Till next time, reviews, revelry, you know the drill.

BD'S, signing off. 

UPDATE I: Ignition Star's cost is a bit easier to navigate now. thanks to Dova's suggested fix.

IMO it's too fair and can afford to be better. The requirement of a Spell to discard is deceptively good, at least from my experience, as it can be so frustrating when you have cards in your hand, and yet no Spells.

The other effects seem fun since they encourage you to go highlander with a Warrior Fusion, but I think the opponent will be able to find an out to your Field or your Fusion before it starts to feel the LP damage ticks.

I suggest to be more flexible with the cost of the first effect. Sending a Spell, and maybe Traps too, from either the hand or the field, including itself, would help. That way, it can be live by sending itself if you don't have any other Spell in your possession. The other effect is fine, and I see it as more of a bonus after the first effect.

IMO it's too fair and can afford to be better. The requirement of a Spell to discard is deceptively good, at least from my experience, as it can be so frustrating when you have cards in your hand, and yet no Spells.

The other effects seem fun since they encourage you to go highlander with a Warrior Fusion, but I think the opponent will be able to find an out to your Field or your Fusion before it starts to feel the LP damage ticks.

I suggest to be more flexible with the cost of the first effect. Sending a Spell, and maybe Traps too, from either the hand or the field, including itself, would help. That way, it can be live by sending itself if you don't have any other Spell in your possession. The other effect is fine, and I see it as more of a bonus after the first effect.

You got it, Darj. 

Thanks, man.

Archived