Dramblys the Fivehorned

Atypical-Abbie

I was thinking about how Xyz Monsters an evolve in this new format, so focused on Link Monsters that Decks don't much care about having monsters with the same Level anymore. While that can work well by throwing in some Tuners, Xyz Monsters don't have much of a place anymore, so my idea is to make you able to use another method to Summon monsters, and my take is to make you able to use 1 of each Level for the Xyz Summon, so here's that attempt! This card is a Defense Position attacker, and doubles its own DEF by detaching and discarding 1 card. Why the discard? Well, should you destroy the opponent's monster by battle, you get to Special Summon that discarded monster! Neat! Also, Dramblys means elephant in Lithuanian according to Google, thought that was cute.

dramblys_the_fivehorned_by_zaziuma-dceq3

3 Level 5 monsters
You can also Xyz Summon this card using 3 Level 1-to-5 monsters with different Levels. This card can attack while in face-up Defense Position. If it does, apply its DEF for damage calculation. Once per turn, at the start of the Damage Step, if this card battles an opponent's monster: You can detach 1 material from this card, then discard 1 monster; double this card's DEF until the end of the Damage Step, also if this card destroys that opponent's monster by battle, you can Special Summon the discarded monster from your GY.

An interesting approach for Xyz Summoning, and it does give it plenty of flexibility for its Summon. However, using 3 materials for something like this isn't worth it IMO, as there should be better things you are able to make with 3 materials, namely a Link3. Although 5000-ATK is indeed a big number, the conditions it has to fulfill make it less appealing. Still, it should be good enough casual play.

Archived