YCM RP Awards 2018

I did say I'd be back~

BGM

Hello, YCM, Mauvache here to show you all what a real host looks like. Sorry Mettaton, just some playful teasing I assure you.

We've had a site-wide Awards but the thing with those it is really does not give RPers much recognition, nor does it get much from them at that, so what better solution than to host an RP focused one?

I don't want to monologue too much at you so lets just get down to how this works.

[spoiler=Rules]

1. In order to vote you must have been active for at least a month in a YCM RP in the past two years. Don't want to leave out some, shall we say, retired veterans after all. 

2. Your vote must be for someone who has been active in RP within the past two years (Or more in a special case).

3. You may not vote for yourself.

4. You may vote for any number of categories.

5. You cannot vote for the same member in more than four categories. Some people are good enough to be the best in several ways but we wouldn't want someone to give their favorite every one would we?

[spoiler=Categories]

Best RPer: Because there has to be a best in general after all. This is for who you, personally, feel is the best that RP has to offer. This is the most vague category because I want some freedom for you to choose who you feel is the best. Look deep into your hearts for this one.

Best Host: Who among you is best at running an RP? Be it because of their interesting premises or because of their dedication there are so many reasons for someone to be a good host.

Best Character Design: Some may not be the most consistent, or the best writer, but being able to create interesting character applications is a talent all on its own!

Best World Design: Related to best host but different enough to count. Who do you think can make the most interesting and fleshed out worlds? It doesn't need to be an original world, either, if they manage to make a pre-established world even more interesting.

Best Writer: You don't have to be good at writing to be a good RPer so this is its own category. Who in RP has the best quality writing?

Best Under 2000: This is for those RPers who have yet to reach 2000 posts. It is designed to celebrate those who haven't been around as much as well as those who only post in RP. Who in this narrower field is the best RPer? Note, for this you may vote for whatever RPer you deem suitable regardless of activity.

Best Over 5000: Similar to the previous but for those who have breached the 5000 post mark. For the most prolific of RP posters both in section and out. Who is the best RPer among this narrower field? Note, for this you may vote for whatever RPer you deem suitable regardless of activity.

Most Reliable: An RP can't function if the posters don't post after all. Which RPer can you rely on most to post when it is needed? And even sometimes when it's not necessary but still appreciated?

Most Cooperative: For the RPer who works well with others. Mostly in regards to collaborative posts but it can include those who are best at making sure that they work with the rest of the cast to make things run smoothly.

Most Helpful: Dedicated to the person who does the most to make an RP run without being the host. The person who comes up with ideas, helps solve issues, and keeps track of things even when they aren't obligated to.

Best In Chat: A bit more of a...silly category. This is for which RPer you always want to have in a group chat. It could be the one who brings most life to a chat, is the most pleasant to be around, or who makes an RP more enjoyable just by being active in the chat.

Best RP: By popular demand! What RP do you enjoy most of all? Must be an active RP. No voting for ones you host but you may vote for one you co-host if your involvement isn't basically the same as a host's.

[spoiler=Awards]

Now this is where it gets tricky. The design is not quite set in stone. At the moment the idea is as follows.

A banner, like those often used at the start of some people's posts, with your name, the award name, and the headshot of an RP character of your choice. Any thoughts on this matter would be appreciated.

To vote you must simply post here. Please write out the name of the category as well as the name of who you're voting for.

For instance.

Best Award Host: Mauvache

You MAY send a PM to the moderator called God Emperor Cow if you truly wish to hide who you're voting for but I hope that RP is a friendly enough section that this is unnecessary.

In case you're wondering. This was posted here to get the most of the target audience.

Oh, and, one last thing...Be good children or you will be punished.

Best RPer: ???

Best Host: Cowcow(?)

Best Character Design: Giga, (), whatever he's calling himself. 

Best World Design: Yui

Best Writer: ???

Best Under 2000: ???

Best Over 5000: ???

Most Reliable: Chaos Sonic

Most Cooperative: ???

Most Helpful: Skaia

Best In Chat: Skaia again

Best RP: Hero Academia: Rise Above Max Omega!

So, what about those people inbetween 2000 and 5000?

I only voted in the ones where one person particularly stood out above everyone else to me.

Best RPer: (Parenthesis)
Best Host: CowCow

Best Character Design: (Parenthesis)

Most Reliable: CowCow

Most Cooperative: Skaia

Most Helpful: Skaia

Best In Chat: Reptilious

Best: decline

Best Character Design: Faytl

Best World Design: Aix

Best Writer: Sethera

Best Under 2k: Skaia (he fits yea?)

Best Over 5k: Black

Most Reliable: Sonic

Most Cooperative: Drew

Most Helpful: Yui

Best in Chat: if rep doesn't win this I riot

funk them, they don't get nothin

I was originally gonna do veteran and new but realized judging based on time would be kind of difficult for RP due to join dates but I wanted something separate.

In the end I decided that under 2000 best represents both newer people and people who only post in RP, which is a special thing on its own, and that over 5000 best represents the older crowd and those who only sometimes join RP but are still a large presence on the forum.

The people inbetween can win any other reward. I would have done one for them but it felt...awkward.

Also I'm the one answering this because it's quicker and I can be more concise than Mauvache would be.

Best RP'er: Sethera

Best Character Design: ()

Best World Design: Zai

Best Under 2k: Hollow

Best Over 5k: CowCow

Most Reliable: Chaos_Sonic

Most Cooperative: Rep

Most Helpful: Yui

Best in Chat: Rep

Best Active RP: Pokemon Gijinka

Best RPer: CowCow

Best Host: CowCow

Best Character Design: N/A (cuz I can't settle on which person's designs I like more than the others i associate with)

Best World Design: Zai

Best Under 2000: Skaia

Best Over 5000: N/A (screw old people amirite)

Most Reliable: Sethera

Most Cooperative: Hollow

Most Helpful: N/A (helpful peeps always seem to be in host/co-host positions, wonder why.........)

Best In Chat: Skaia

Best RPer: Cowcow

Best Host: Cowcow

Best Character Design: Rep

Best World Design: Sethera

Best Writer: Sethera

Best Under 2000: Hollow

Best Over 5000: Andx

Most Reliable: CowCow

Most Cooperative: Rep

Most Helpful: Cowcow

Best In Chat: Rep

Best Roleplay: Gijinka

Chaos Sonic for all of them xD Okay...with the japes out of the way, here's what I got:

Best Character Design: Giga
Best Writer: Y'shtola
Best Under 2000: Kill Son Goku
Best Over 5000: God Emperor Cow
Most Reliable: Alaina
Most Helpful: Alaina

The ones I didn't vote on were as follows (Due to the fact that I honestly can't figure anyone specific):
Best Host: N/A
Best RPer: N/A
Most Cooperative: N/A

Best In Chat: N/A

Hey. Can you add a "Best Active RP award?" Because sometimes, the best RP doesn't have the best host, players, etc, but the combination of things makes an RP the best.

I support this motion. In the event that it passes, I'm going to vote for Hero Academia: Rise Above Max Omega (which should also win Longest RP Name).

I third this motion. It would be something that would be needed for this RP Awards set. Not having at least this as an award in the RP section seems to be a little bit of a crime, in my opinion.

Best RPer: [abstain] because I can't vote for myself :^)
Best Character Design: Drew
Best Writer: [abstain]
Best Under 2000: [abstain]
Best Over 5000: [abstain]
Most Reliable: CowCow
Most Cooperative: Skaia
Best In Chat: Yui

Best RP: RP Smash

I..suppose I should vote eh?

Best RPer: Sethera

Best Host: Sethera

Best Character Design: parenthesis

Best World Design: Mr Hyde

Best Over 5000: Andx

Most Reliable: Reptilious

Most Cooperative: Andx

Best In Chat: Hakima

Best RP: Fire Emblem: Curse of the Goddess

Oh, what's that? It seems that Best RP was added to the list. Wonder how that happened....

Chaos Sonic for all of them xD Okay...with the japes out of the way, here's what I got:

Best Host: Dad
Best Character Design: Giga
Best Writer: Y'shtola
Best Under 2000: Kill Son Goku
Best Over 5000: God Emperor Cow
Most Reliable: Alaina
Most Helpful: Alaina

The ones I didn't vote on were as follows (Due to the fact that I honestly can't figure anyone specific):
Best RPer: N/A
Most Cooperative: N/A

Best In Chat: N/A

Sorry to butt in but you can't vote for me here either.  I've opted out of any and all future and current polls involving YCMembers.  You'll have to change your vote.

Sorry to butt in but you can't vote for me here either.  I've opted out of any and all future and current polls involving YCMembers.  You'll have to change your vote.

I got excited when I saw another post finally and it was just this you've made me sad :(

Also I should mention there's a soft deadline of the 2nd but it depends on number of voters too.

The bare minimum is 12 voters.

I got excited when I saw another post finally and it was just this you've made me sad :(

Also I should mention there's a soft deadline of the 2nd but it depends on number of voters too.

The bare minimum is 12 voters.

I just don't want anyone to waste their time or vote on me especially when I've already made it clear I don't want to be involved.  I'm just making sure things go smoothly.

Well, here goes everything

Best RPer: Reptilious

Best Host: I'm going to abstain from this vote because Dad won't let me vote for him, and I'm saying this outright because I want him to KNOW I think he's the best host, whether the vote counts or not >:T

Best Character Design: (Parenthesis)

Most Reliable: Lord CowCow

Most Cooperative: Re:b:tilious

Best in Chat: :b:e:b:tilious

Best RP: MHA:RAMO

Making a decision is hard.

Best RPer: Draggo

Best Host: Sethera

Best Over 5000: Black

Most Reliable: Cow Cow

Most Cooperative: Sethera

Best In Chat: Hakima

Best RP: Fire Emblem: Curse of the Goddess

Haven't made a decision for best world design and character design yet, since my primary choice isn't eligible for voting, sadly.

Several of these categories had multiple contenders, but in the end, I felt that these people were the most fitting.

Edit: Zai's got the right idea--descriptions are fun!

Best RPer: Alaina / Skaia

I consider Skaia to be the ultimate RPer. He's reliable, helpful, fun to have in chat, and he writes good posts. To me, he's like the poster boy for RP. You point at him and go, "This is the guy. The one you always want in your RP. In fact, if we had ten more of him, we'd be set."

Best Host: God Emperor Cow / Lord CowCow

If Skaia is the one you always want in your RP, then CowCow is one you'll almost always want for a host. He's reliable, responsible, and driven. He'll make sure the RP keeps going and doesn't fall stagnant, even if it means making sure people post every week. He's also conscious of what players have to say, and always looking for ways to make sure things run smoothly.

Best Character Design: Mr. Hyde / Hydreigon

Over the course of my RP tenure here, I've seen a lot of different characters, and a lot of different character designers. Those with less experience tend to make bland characters, and those with more tend to have "favorite" archetypes that they can make a hundred different variants of. While they are usually very good characters, I like seeing variety, and Hyde is excellent at providing various unique and interesting characters.

Best World Design: Aix

There were actually a few people that qualified for this, but I decided on Aix, and yes I changed my vote from earlier. I had forgotten, but Aix has actually made quite a few really cool settings, like original Cherry Heart, Clockwork Souls, Blueblood, and various other RPs. For that reason, I always felt excited whenever he made an RP, because I knew I'd be entering a really interesting world.

Best Writer: Asriel Dreemurr / Ketodama

While I think there are a few good writers on this site, Keto stands out to me. His posts are always well thought out and good quality. It's nice to read them, because it usually feels like I'm reading a novel excerpt when I do. Plus, they're entertaining, and you never know what he's going to pull out of his hat next. A kid dueling a Scyther one-on-one with a Nincada? Check. A boy charging headlong into battle, shirtless and with a broken spear? Check.

Best Under 2000: Hakima

While there are a few contenders for this, others don't quite fit the spirit of this award to me. Hakima does. Not only does he fit the criterion of having less than 2000 posts under his belt, but he's also relatively new compared to a lot of RPers. He rarely visits outside of the RP section, which just highlights his dedication to RP. From the very start, he was an outstanding newbie, and has flourished here since.

Best Over 5000: Maeriberii Haan / Nai

This was one of the harder ones for me, but I eventually decided on Nai. Not only does he have over 5000 posts, but he's also decently active outside RP. Despite having many responsibilities, when he does RP, he goes all in. His posts are vivid and energetic, and he is quite accommodating to new members as well. It's always a pleasure to have Nai in an RP.

Most Reliable: Draggo / Andx

There were two that stood out to me here, but I eventually decided on Andx because I don't think I've ever seen him miss a post except once, and that was for an incident outside of his control. He's usually the first to post, and active not only in the RP itself but also in the chat. It's like clockwork. No matter what, you always know you can count on him.

However, the other one is a very, very close second, and depending on if things end up in a tie, I might change my vote.

Most Cooperative: Monotaro / Reptilious

This was one of the categories I felt less solid on, mainly because I tend to merge it with "helpfulness" in my mind. Regardless, Rep is an easy win for this. Whenever an argument happens, he tends to defuse it with his humorous pictures and considerate comments. Even the most belligerent of personalities will happily chat with him about anything and everything. And while I haven't collab'ed on a post with him, he seems to do those pretty easily as well.

Most Helpful: Alaina / Skaia

Skaia is like a one-man cohost even when he isn't one. You have a question about the RP you're both in? He probably knows the answer. He usually remembers things that even the hosts forget about--mind of a steel trap, this one. He also tends to whip up tables, charts, and character banners on the fly. And although I've never been in any RP he's cohosted, from what I've seen he doesn't hesitate to take responsibility when the hosts are otherwise occupied.

Best in Chat: Hakima

I believe that Hakima deserves this because he has almost single-handedly kept certain chats alive when everybody else gave them up for dead, like when hosts were absent. He's also good at drumming up interest for the RPs he's in, usually via discussion of people's characters or ideas. He's entertaining, witty, and just fun to be around, and whenever you see "Hakima is typing..." you know something's about to happen.

Best RP: Pokemon Gijinka: The Fallen God

I might be a bit biased here, but I honestly enjoy Pokemon Gijinka: The Fallen God the most out of all the RPs I'm in. It has a vast world, entertaining NPCs, and just an overall cool premise. Plus, it feels like my characters are deeply embedded in the world, that they're a part of this world, not just participants, and that makes it even more fun for me. It's probably one of my favorite RPs to post in for this reason.

A slight problem has come to my attention in regards to these Awards. I am eschewing my typical...speech for this post due to issues brought up over time.

The deadline is meant to be tomorrow. And we also reached the minimum desired 12 voters!

However...

The following Awards have ties.

Best RPer has a tie with two with the dreadfully low vote count of...well, 2. It seems people have trouble deciding on the best overall, fascinating truly.

Similarly Best Over 5000 has a three way tie with 2 votes a piece.

So I would like everyone who didn't vote for either of these to consider putting a vote in for them. It's not necessary but if you so desire.

Otherwise I shall put up a separate Poll for each with a tie once the deadline is reached including those in the lead and those 1 vote from the lead (In this case that means everyone voted for).

Those who have yet to vote for those categories (and reminder, no need to feel pressured to vote, the alternative is perfectly fine) are as follows:

@ Who didn't vote on either

@@Yui Who didn't vote on "Best Over 5000"

@ Who didn't vote on "Best Over 5000"

@ Who didn't vote on "Best RPer"

@ Who didn't vote on either

@@VCR_CAT Who didn't vote on "Best Over 5000"

Once more this isn't a demand to vote this is just to see if any of you have had a change of mind and decided someone you wish to vote for. I will continue to search for those who have yet to vote but are interested.

The deadline is set for tomorrow and any ties will be given a separate thread. Thank you for your time.

Absolutely funking disgusting that I didn’t notice this until now. Here’s some votes.

EDIT: no idea if I missed the deadline or actually broke any ties. Might just end up a massive meme. Oops. Is what I get for not reading the thread

Best RPer: Broken

Jesus H. Tapdancing Christ this was a hard choice. Gotta give it to broken though because he’s one of our best writers and can handle basically any haracter role with ease. Bonus points for keeping GCRP alive.

Lowest rp mortality rate and annoying enough to get me to post.’nuff said.

Best Character Design: Hakima

Always surprises me with a great idea that fits the world perfectly. No one I can think of consistently wows me like he does.

Best World Design: Abstain

I can’t vote for myself and I can’t really think of anyone that I can safely say is on par with me here. No vote.

Best Writer: Asriel Dreemurr / Ketodama

The only choice. Dude writes like a pro and has the best posts out of all of us, imo.

Best Under 2000: Hakima

Again, always brings the A game, great to have around. Definitely my favorite new guy.

Best Over 5000: Broken

Best Rper is also best over 5000.

Most Reliable: Chaos Sonic

Will always post when you need him to, even if he takes a little prodding or the RP is half dead.

Most Cooperative: Monotaro / Reptilious

Gotta give it to rep. No one else just rolls with it like he does. Very admirable.

Most Helpful: Ketodama

Probably the only vote for this he’s gonna get, but he’s always around for me to bounce ideas off of and he deserves the vote.

Best in Chat: Monotaro/ Reptillious

The memes get me good. Nuff said.

Best RP: GCRP

Hands down. The only rp on site with such a long life and grand scope, even if it is slow as molasses these days, you really just can’t compete with it.

Archived