[SD34] Profibit Snake

DgH2rSyVQAAOMW9.jpg

Profibit Snake

Level 2 LIGHT

Cyberse/Effect

At the start of the damage step in which your Cyberse Link Monster and an opponent’s monster battles: You can send this card from the hand to the GY; return that oppoent’s monster to the hand. When a Cyberse monster you control destroys an opponent’s monster by battle and sends it to the GY while this card is in the GY: You can banish 1 card from your GY, then target 1 Level 4 or lower Cyberse monster from your GY; add that monster to the hand. You can only use each effect of "Profibit Snake" once per turn.

ATK/500 DEF/1000

>LIGHT

It would be okayish if it was the basic elements, but this is just bad. Not worth running space on a slow honest, your dudes are already beefy and sticky.

actually, it would also be fine as DARK. Literally the worst attribute.

Am I reading this right? The last effect doesn't have to banish itself so it basically becomes a continuous effect in the GY?

I mean, it's still not good, but there might be some potential there in the future idk

I agree that LIGHT seems to be a commonly used attribute for most of the good main deck cyberse but still as a hand trap that is great for bouncing your opponents Monsters.

It’s like Honest, only works with Links, and has to be drawn.

LIGHT is bad for it because it’s the least searchable attribute for Cynet Codec, because Encode lacks any and all synergy, despite my thoughts upon seeing the reveals last week.

There’s lady debugger, but she’s key for finding combo pieces, and Cynet Backdoor, but that’s a -1 that really only warrants 0-1 copy.

This feels a bit like RR Booster Strix in terms of utility. You can search it out, but for the most part, you wouldn’t. It acts as a deterrent and as a means for mind games, or can be used as a means to help break your opponent’s board. At worst, it’s recurring Link material that can also be “searched” through dumping (and without losing advantage).

Just because it has a bad Attribute for searching doesn’t mean this is bad (especially since this isn’t beholden to Code Talkers in any way). I will concede to the fact that I still know next to nothing about general Cyberse plays, but this really doesn’t seem bad as a 1-of.

Why would you run a difficult to search 1-of that doesn’t contribute to combos.

it can help break boards, but getting this means not getting a combo piece, which is the main point of Lady Debugger. It’s a dead draw, too, because it doesn’t assist you in any way.

also, Code Talker is the only way to play Cyberse outside of Clock Wyvern into Knightmare lock, which isn’t cyberse really, and the meme deck that makes Cyberse Magician + Cyberse Clock Dragon, which is inconsistent and weak outside of an “”unbreakable”” board.

In defense of Encode, he actually has a lot of synergy with Shootingcode, since he can make her big enough to get over anything short of, say, Utopia the Lightning.

But this is alright. I'd run it at 1 in the Side Deck.

Both effects are pretty good, since Cyberses don't have much in terms of actual card removal ATM, and the ability to banish stuff you don't want to get back stuff you do is clutch.

Especially since this effect triggers Latency, and considering she's a freaking Link Tuningware, she can help prepare for some Main Phase 2 Link Summoning to get out another Link.

In defense of Encode, he actually has a lot of synergy with Shootingcode, since he can make her big enough to get over anything short of, say, Utopia the Lightning.

But this is alright. I'd run it at 1 in the Side Deck.

Both effects are pretty good, since Cyberses don't have much in terms of actual card removal ATM, and the ability to banish stuff you don't want to get back stuff you do is clutch.

Especially since this effect triggers Latency, and considering she's a freaking Link Tuningware, she can help prepare for some Main Phase 2 Link Summoning to get out another Link.

Plus, this can search and summon in one go, if it banishes Balancer Lord to activate its effect. and Dotscaper but who runs that pixelated nightmare?

Yeah, gonna have to go a slight bit further than Prezzy Underwood and say this can be a 1-of in main. Recurring GY retrieval's on this simply being in the GY? Bit too much for me to fully say no to. ESPECIALLY with how crazy Firewall's been since it came on the scene. That's one more monster to the board with insulting ease with this card. Mill this and let the advantage begin.

Tsumugi has a point tho-this being a brick-and-a-half in the hand is why I dare not go further with this, handtrap-Grandmole bouncing is not enough to singularly sell me on a card. Not anymore.

(1 example of many, but you get the point.)

Plus, this can search and summon in one go, if it banishes Balancer Lord to activate its effect. and Dotscaper but who runs that pixelated nightmare?

Yeah, gonna have to go a slight bit further than Prezzy Underwood and say this can be a 1-of in main. Recurring GY retrieval's on this simply being in the GY? Bit too much for me to fully say no to. ESPECIALLY with how crazy Firewall's been since it came on the scene. That's one more monster to the board with insulting ease with this card. Mill this and let the advantage begin.

Tsumugi has a point tho-this being a brick-and-a-half in the hand is why I dare not go further with this, handtrap-Grandmole bouncing is not enough to singularly sell me on a card. Not anymore.

(1 example of many, but you get the point.)

I totally forgot about Balancer Lord and Dotscaper, which I shouldn't have, considering they're both Grade-A cards for the Deck.

Getting GY activations of both? Sign me up.

But yeah, mainly use this as discard fodder for the MANY Cyberse cards that want you to ditch something for their effects instead of as a Hand Trap, THEN get that sweet GY support.

Archived