Tempo, the Timeskipping Traveler

M0B0X

This card is based on the Dragon Ball Super character Hit and his Time-Skip technique hence Tempo's name. It's meant to be able to escape whatever threat at any given time while replacing itself and disrupting your opponent's field. From the monster zone it places itself in the pend zone. From the pend zone it summons itself in the monster zone. I tried to replicate the time stopping/skipping as much as i could. It's also HOPT to prevent abuse.

Tempo_S10_2_zpsq1zkczt0.png

Tempo, the Timeskipping Traveler

DARK

<L> 0 | 0 <R>

During either player's turn: You can banish this card; Special Summon 1 “Tempo, the Timeskipping Traveler” from your hand or Deck. You can only use this effect of “Tempo, the Timeskipping Traveler” once per turn.

Psychic / Pendulum / Tuner / Effect

(Quick Effect): You can banish this card; place 1 “Tempo, the Timeskipping Traveler” from your hand or Deck in your Pendulum Zone. If this card is banished: You can target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; banish it until the next Standby Phase. You can only use each effect of “Tempo, the Timeskipping Traveler” once per turn.

ATK/ 0 | DEF/ 100

First Pendulum I ever made, inspired by Hitto.

Credits to the artist for the chosen card artwork.

Please comment/rate/fix etc. Some CnC is always very much appreciated.

~Peace & Love~

Pretty cool. Unless you spend resources you're only going to get a bit of Deck thin and some disruption. 

As a Pendulum it's even better, doubling as a way of getting around the fact that otherwise you'd NS it, AND it makes it harder for your opponent to kill it the first time. There is the fact it can get MST negated though, but that's a risk most people would take so it's more of a risk/reward system there. 

I can see this being used in Decks that would use Synchros, but I'm not sure that its worth it yet. I might ALSO make it a Tuner to give it that extra utility it needs to make people think "wow I should really run this". In exchange, I would just make it a 1/1 for Pendulum Scales, since it doesn't need to be a 0. (Also most Pendulums with low scales like that have SS restrictions but whatever its not like I make many Pendulums.)

Tbh this could be worthy of Advanced Card Design. Don't know why you're posting this here.

Pretty cool. Unless you spend resources you're only going to get a bit of Deck thin and some disruption. 

Thanks, glad you think so. And yeah, that's pretty much what I was going for.

As a Pendulum it's even better, doubling as a way of getting around the fact that otherwise you'd NS it, AND it makes it harder for your opponent to kill it the first time. There is the fact it can get MST negated though, but that's a risk most people would take so it's more of a risk/reward system there. 

MST can negate it, how? I'm not sure how that's possible, since you know its a quick effect and can be chained, also it banishes as cost. Maybe I didn't word it properly not sure about this, so please do explain.

I can see this being used in Decks that would use Synchros, but I'm not sure that its worth it yet. I might ALSO make it a Tuner to give it that extra utility it needs to make people think "wow I should really run this". In exchange, I would just make it a 1/1 for Pendulum Scales, since it doesn't need to be a 0. (Also most Pendulums with low scales like that have SS restrictions but whatever its not like I make many Pendulums.)

Yes, I suppose it can be used in Synchro I guess as well. I was thinking of making it a Tuner but maybe that would break it somehow. And I know that about the scales, but I thought it would make it unique, since if I'm not mistaken KONAMI hasn't made any Pends with different scale values.

Tbh this could be worthy of Advanced Card Design. Don't know why you're posting this here.

I posted it here since I wasn't sure its balanced enough for Advanced.

Thanks again for the feedback man.

Bump.

A) MST destroys.

B) MST does NOT negate.

So technically, MST wouldn't bother this card.

Facepalm

Yes, it can, kinda. Ironically, MST can end up "negating" things, which was one of the reasons why people were confused about it in the first place.

If the Spell/Trap would've stayed on the field afterward but is destroyed, the activated effect is unable to work. For example, someone activates Union Hanger and wants to search, but their opponent doesn't want that, and activates Twin Twisters to destroy it. "The continuous effects and other effects on these cards that are supposed to be applied during the resolving of these cards will not apply if these cards are removed from the field before resolving."

It's not actually "negation", but rather it just leaves the card it destroys unable to work. I do end up saying MST negate due to it just being ironic to say.

For more info, here's the info on the wiki on "Negate vs Destroy and Continuous Cards"

So, I still don't get it, does MST negate Tempo's Pendulum effect or not?

If you ask me, it doesn't, since Tempo is banished as cost before MST can chain and target it, but it seems that's what your saying, IDK!

But there is that key difference there.

Like if you were to activate something like Call of the Haunted and I activate MST, I technically just caused the entire effect of Call to resolve in actuality.

Or say if you activate Waboku and I activate MST, you still get Waboku's effect.

Although, the best example would be if one played MST on something like a Field Spell where when the card is destroyed the effect is no longer present.

So yeah, I suppose in the sense where the effect is dependant on the card, MST kinda nullifies the effect.

I would still like some more feedback, please.

Maybe tell me what sort of deck would run this, what interesting combos are possible with it, if any?

Also, should I make it a Tuner, as Eshai has suggested?

And, does it deserve some sort of restriction, since its scales are so low?

Anyway, bump!

If this card was a Tuner and a Psychic monster, it would be even better

I guess I could make it a Tuner AND a Psychic. I just thought Time Warping/Skipping would be considered a type of Magic not a Psychic ability, that's why I made Tempo a Spellcaster. But w/e, I'll make the adjustments and see what others think about it.

Bump.

Turning it into a Psychic Tuner is a huge boon, as it becomes an E-Teleport and Needlefiber target.

Dual scales aren't an official thing, so that may put the card in Experimental territory.

To let you know: Pendulum Effects are effectively Spell effects, and Spells don't have "Quick Effects", only monsters do. Thus, you should be using the "During either player's turn" clause in the Pendulum Effect instead.

Other than that, the card looks really good, mostly for the reasons Eshai already stated: it thins the deck, can reach the board without taking your Normal Summon. Plus the temporary banishment effect is handy for removal in a pinch, or leave it on the board for the Quick Effect disruption during the opponent's turn. Then add to this the synergy with Needlefiber.

Turning it into a Psychic Tuner is a huge boon, as it becomes an E-Teleport and Needlefiber target.

I figured as much, so should I change it back or keep it a Psychic/Tuner? I mean, does that make it too broken?

Dual scales aren't an official thing, so that may put the card in Experimental territory.

Yeah, i thought so. Maybe I should make it 1/1 or 0/0, please tell me what you think.

To let you know: Pendulum Effects are effectively Spell effects, and Spells don't have "Quick Effects", only monsters do. Thus, you should be using the "During either player's turn" clause in the Pendulum Effect instead.

I didn't know that, thanks for pointing it out. Will make the changes.

Other than that, the card looks really good, mostly for the reasons Eshai already stated: it thins the deck, can reach the board without taking your Normal Summon. Plus the temporary banishment effect is handy for removal in a pinch, or leave it on the board for the Quick Effect disruption during the opponent's turn. Then add to this the synergy with Needlefiber.

Thanks again for your thoughts, Darj.

Bump.

Making it Psychic/Tuner is crazy good, but not broken, IMO. By the way, it also would be the first Psychic/Tuner/Pendulum, and with a low Level to boot.

0/0 scale should be fine, too. The more 0/0 scales, the merrier.

Archived