[Written] Monovision [15/15]

VCR_CAT

I don't post in Casual, and I also don't always have theme-songs picked out for my designed themes.

I designed "Monovisions" as a sort of final antagonist deck for any sort of fic or RP that I decided to use them in. I have very little worked out for what kind of character would use this deck, besides that they would have the sort of "Vector" personality if you know what I'm getting at. They would have nothing but fun in the duel, and for all the wrong reasons.

Anyways, a little primer. I'm putting these in Casuals because the theme is absolutely busted through the roof, but I wasn't sure to put these in "Joke/Overpowered" because it's not supposed to be a joke, and they are so OBSCENELY overpowered that it warrants that? Anyways. It's definitely way too good for a real format is what I'm getting at, but it's great for fic purposes.

The deck plays off of a very simple "Focus on one guy and make it absurdly powerful". Kind of like how Cubics focus on Vijam and continue to evolve it, but this all works off of one card.

One more thing, I'd love to get art for these guys, but card-worthy art of "eldritch monoliths of wires and CRT monitors" isn't very easy to find.

[spoilers=Low-Level Monsters]

Monovision Charactron
DARK - Level 1
Machine / Effect

Once per turn: You can target 1 monster that your opponent controls or in your opponent's GY; equip that target to this card. This card gains the Names, ATK, DEF, and effects of monsters equipped to this card by a “Monovision” card’s effect.
ATK 0 / DEF 0

Monovision Floodbeam
DARK - Level 2
Machine / Pendulum / Effect
Scale 0

You can target 1 “Monovision Charactron” in your GY; Special Summon that target. You can only use this effect of “Monovision Floodbeam” once per turn.

You can tribute this card; add 1 “Monovision” card from your Deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of “Monovision Floodbeam” per turn. “Monovision” monsters you control gain 100 ATK/DEF.
ATK 1000 / DEF 1000

Monovision Tuning Eye
DARK - Level 3
Scale 12

You can only Pendulum Summon “Monovision” monsters. Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can target 1 “Monovision” monster you control and 1 monster in either GY; equip the second target to the first target.

When this card is Normal Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 Level 5 or lower “Monovision” monster that you have face-up in your Extra Deck or in your GY. “Monovision” monsters you control gain 200 ATK/DEF.
ATK 1000 / DEF 1000

Monovision Deflector Coil
DARK - Level 4
Scale 0

When this card is activated: You can Special Summon 1 “Monovision Charactron” from your hand or Deck. You can only use this effect of “Monovision Deflector Coil” once per turn.

Once per turn, when an attack is declared on a face-up “Monovision” monster you control: You can negate that attack. “Monovision” monsters you control gain 300 ATK/DEF.
ATK 1000 / DEF 1000

Monovision Nimotube
DARK - Level 5
Scale 12

You can only Pendulum Summon “Monovision” monsters. Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can target 1 “Monovision” monster you control and 1 monster on either field; equip the second target to the first target.

You can target 2 face-up “Monovision” monsters in your Extra Deck: Add the first to your hand, and send the second to your GY, then you can send 1 “Monovision Charactron” from your Deck to your GY. You can only use this effect of “Monovision Nimotube” once per turn. “Monovision” monsters you control gain 400 ATK/DEF.
ATK 1000 / DEF 1000

[spoiler=High-Level Monsters]

Monovision Penetron
DARK - Level 8
Machine / Effect

When this card is Pendulum Summoned: You can equip this card to a face-up “Monovision Charactron” you control. A “Monovision” monster you control can activate effects that require them to detach material(s) by sending an appropriate number of face-up “Monovision” monsters from your Extra Deck to your GY instead. Once per turn: You can equip 1 Xyz Monster from your Extra Deck to a “Monovision” monster you control, but return it to your Extra Deck if it leaves the field. “Monovision” monsters you control gain 700 ATK/DEF.
ATK 2000 / DEF 2000

Monovision Chromatron
DARK - Level 9
Machine / Effect

When this card is Pendulum Summoned: You can equip this card to a face-up “Monovision Charactron” you control. Once per turn: You can equip 1 Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck to a “Monovision” monster you control, but return it to your Extra Deck if it leaves the field. “Monovision” monsters you control gain 800 ATK/DEF.
ATK 2000 / DEF 2000

Monovision Trinitron
DARK - Level 10
Machine / Effect

When this card is Pendulum Summoned: You can equip this card to a face-up “Monovision Charactron” you control. Once per turn: You can equip 1 Synchro Monster from your Extra Deck to a “Monovision” monster you control, but return it to your Extra Deck if it leaves the field. “Monovision” monsters you control gain 900 ATK/DEF.
ATK 2000 / DEF 2000

Monovision Plasmatron
DARK - Level 11
Machine / Effect

When this card is Pendulum Summoned: You can equip this card to a face-up “Monovision Charactron” you control. Once per turn: You can equip 1 face-up Pendulum Monster from either player’s Extra Deck to a “Monovision” monster you control. “Monovision” monsters you control gain 1000 ATK/DEF.
ATK 2000 / DEF 2000

Monovision Overscan
DARK - Level 12
Machine Effect

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned by sending 1 “Monovision Charactron” you control with 5 cards equipped to it to the GY. This card’s name is treated as “Monovision Charactron” while on the field. When this card is Special Summoned: Target up to 5 monsters in either GY (1 Synchro, 1 Fusion, 1 Xyz, 1 Pendulum, 1 Ritual); equip those targets to this card. Your opponent cannot activate cards or effects in response to this effect's activation. Gains the ATK, DEF, and effects of monsters equipped to this card by a “Monovision” card’s effect.
ATK 0 / DEF 0

[spoiler=Spells and Traps]

Monovision Raytube
Field Spell

Any “Monovision” monster you control with 2 or more cards equipped to it cannot be targeted or destroyed by your opponent’s card effects. While you control no monsters: You can target 1 “Monovision Charactron” in your GY; Special Summon that target from your GY.

Feedback Loop
Normal Trap

Target 1 “Monovision Charactron” you control with 2 “Monovision Charactron” cards equipped to it: Destroy all monsters your opponent controls, and if you do, inflict 500 damage to your opponent for each card destroyed.

Channel M
Continuous Spell

When this card is activated: Add 1 “Monovision” monster from your Deck to your hand. You can only activate 1 “Channel M” per turn. Once per turn: You can reveal 1 Level 8 or higher “Monovision” monster in your hand; return it to the Deck, and if you do, draw 2 cards.

Commercial Break
Normal Trap

At the start of your opponent’s Battle Phase, while you control at least 1 “Monovision Charactron”: End the Battle Phase.

Monovision Remote Record
Normal Trap

Target 1 “Monovision Charactron” you control: Equip 1 monster from your hand or GY to that target.

Archived