[CYHO-TCG] Contact Gate

shaddolls would be able to use it to it's fullest potential. banishing two, when the deck can drop them in grave day in and out, is nothing for them. and when i said said card would be busted, i meant that if it's restriction was matched to whatever deck it supported. for example, if in spyrals, trickstar, or gouki, it said link summoning, or if in blue-eyes, it said Synchro (maybe Xyz) summoning, ect.

name one deck i listed that couldn't use this to put out enough monsters to go for game. unlike neo spacians, every deck i listed would not care about the fusion restriction, if they had the option of two free monsters from anywhere but banished. and also unlike neo-spacians, every deck i listed is able to actually do something outside of put completely weak monsters on board. look at cyber dragons, one of the original fusion decks, it could make a link, banish 2 "Cyber" monsters (they all share the same name in grave, so it would either have to be 2 cyber monsters, or you'd have to go into something like nova/infinity, but either choice still works) this puts 2 more bodies on board after you've already made your plays. look at buster bladers. banish 2 buster blader/destruction sword cards afte making buster dragon, and you can immediately restock your field, and put any one destruction sword lock on your opponent. not OTK material, but it's leagues better than literally everything this card does for neo spacians. you can't tell me 2 for 2 infernoid monsters is anything short of an OTK enabler, feast already puts up to 3 of them on the board, use this before feast and you can put out a lilith and/or an onuncu to wipe field, leaving your opponent wide open for a feast. Ritual beasts can only be special summoned once per turn, but this is literally an E-tele for the entire deck, and it puts your RB's from grave exactly where they love to be. drop the L2 RB, use this, and you automatically have your cannahawk loop set up, alongside whatever else you might want to use. HERO's, they are the OG fusion deck, and every single variant would love and abuse this FAR more than neo spacians. it's auto setup, summon literally any 2 monsters, turn them into the appropriate L2, use this, and go from there. monarchs can make a strong field off of this, if it banishes vassals. give it the monarch name, and it becomes a viable pantheism target as well. the list, as i said before, goes on and on. just because it doesn't make a deck tier 1, does not mean it's a bad card, the only problem with it is that the deck it supports, is arguably the weakest deck in the game.

That's exactly it. The card itself is fine as it fits in with Neo-Spacians. It's just that Neo-Spacians are already pretty terrible that, for as much as this helps, you're still stuck playing a bad deck.

It's a good card for a bad deck.

Yeah, it's essentially like Subterror Fiendess and Last Chapter (There was one more, mentioned by someone in a previous post, about a specific card that has an utterly OP effect but for the Archetype it served. I can't remember who it was, maybe Tsumugi?); all with wonderful effects that would be a boon to most any Deck....except the ones they're Archetype-locked to. 

Prollem is, in the 15-Summon-a-minute format, this is another of the solutions that hurts more than helps (End of Game Rules being the new gold standard in that regard); Summonmoar for a set of monsters that were underwhelming on debut and utterly useless now, in a way that the Ghost Girls can easily make you regret. It's what it serves that's the main issue-one I don't think any one-or five-cards could solve.

And it being compatico with another likely-unsearchable Normal Spell makes the thought process behind it all the more questionable-it's literally like if I made a card that was specifically advantageous after Moray of Greed got activated.

All in all, I'm not seeing why one would run the Spacians, let alone FOUR DIFFERENT ONES, for an Archetype that already has issues putting down strong boards outside of Dark Law.

Archived