Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Image rules

Necrobump!

Guest, the last post on this topic is over 30 days old and a new post will be considered as necrobumping!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

Dae

Dae

Legendary Member

• Pretentious Prick

• 16,725 posts
    Last Visit
  • Alias:Dae
  • Spouse:Catman

Don't allow people to post .jpegs if the image is serious. Memes are exceptions. Jpegs are disgusting to look at.

IiGVtCm.png1st_Place.png

41682d2aec304c206d5c0d9ca3a4bd12.png

Nathanael D. Striker

Nathanael D. Striker

Livin' the dream.

• Twilight Wanderer

• 19,473 posts
    Last Visit Today, 12:12 PM
  • Discord:Striker#1560
  • Alias:Striker
No. People can't control the file type of the images they get.

SkDC0v5.png

Dae

Dae

Legendary Member

• Topic Starter
  • Pretentious Prick

• 16,725 posts
    Last Visit

No. People can't control the file type of the images they get.

Did you just say that? Literally can and do. You have saved .pngs before, don't get stupid.

IiGVtCm.png1st_Place.png

God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

Neow

• Moderators
  • 11,587 posts
    Last Visit Today, 07:15 PM
  • Alias:Lord CowCow
  • Spouse:Shiki/Aix

What do you mean by "if the image is serious"?

8PBUpdp.gif

Dova

Dova

DovaMember

• Dova

• 3,623 posts
    Last Visit 2 minutes ago
  • Discord:Dova#1498
  • Alias:Dova
  • Spouse:Dova

What do you mean by "if the image is serious"?

Don't allow people to post .jpegs if the image is serious. Memes are exceptions.

I think that's what he means.

But, for Dae, do you mean in posting images anywhere on the site, or just Showcase?

Dae

Dae

Legendary Member

• Topic Starter
  • Pretentious Prick

• 16,725 posts
    Last Visit

I think that's what he means.

But, for Dae, do you mean in posting images anywhere on the site, or just Showcase?

I mean more in the Custom Cards section. Holy hell it is disgusting to look at jpeg cards.

IiGVtCm.png1st_Place.png

God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

Neow

• Moderators
  • 11,587 posts
    Last Visit Today, 07:15 PM
  • Alias:Lord CowCow
  • Spouse:Shiki/Aix

I mean more in the Custom Cards section. Holy hell it is disgusting to look at jpeg cards.

I'm inclined to agree that it would look a lot better but unsure if this is a thing that I can actually enforce.

8PBUpdp.gif

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Moderators

• 40,316 posts
    Last Visit 3 minutes ago
  • Discord:Sakura#2014
  • Spouse:Latias and Sapphy-chan

I'm inclined to agree that it would look a lot better but unsure if this is a thing that I can actually enforce.

It technically isn't, given any images from the internal cardmaker render as .jpg files (ha, like most people still use the old cardmaker nowadays). The Neo New one does render as .png, but you don't have a choice with it and has its own quality issues.

That being said, I really cannot tell if this is a serious suggestion or not.

As far as Custom Cards go, it's almost ridiculous to require that members not use .jpg images. Yes, the ones from our cardmaker have shit missing because of the bugs, but the .jpg quality isn't that terrible. Then again, even for those who use TCGEditor and whatnot (i.e. own templates), a few of them do use .jpg for cards and the quality is fine. 

====

If you mean the pics that actually get used in card images, it's literally impossible to check if a pic used was a .jpg or .png file (because I have seen shitty quality .png files that were probably converted from .jpg or however else). Doing this would require asking the members for the images they have used, and that is more work than necessary; both for me as a moderator and for the user having to provide documentation for images.

(While we're on the subject for images, I really don't get on users about the images members use, except for the following reasons:

• I want to make card(s) using the same ones in question.
  • Issues of copyright infringement comes up (i.e. some member from DeviantArt claims that member stole art from their page without asking)
  • Member's artwork is pushing the boundaries for permissible content (or broken it thereof).

The latter two have not come up for the past couple years, and during my entire modship, only 1 case of copyright thing came up and that was due to the creator necrobumping said thread a few years ago (well, 2015/2016-ish) to call the TC [who had long been gone] out about it. 

tl;dr, if this is a suggestion barring .jp(e)g images in Custom Cards, then it won't be implemented because of impracticality and that it's ridiculous penalizing members for posting cards / images as .jpg 

Card Directory and TCG Decks
Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Zootopia GIFs (I have too many of them in here -_-)
Character results
YCM Accolades

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

Pokémon X / AS / Sun FC: 4098-4005-6931

(If you add my code, make sure you tell me so I can add you back)

Dae

Dae

Legendary Member

• Topic Starter
  • Pretentious Prick

• 16,725 posts
    Last Visit
Fine. Have it your way.

IiGVtCm.png1st_Place.png