Yusaku Fujiki has the best Deck of any main protagonist (I'm not trolling).

https://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Yusaku_Fujiki

I just wanted to talk about Yusaku Fujiki's Deck and tell you why I love it and think its the best of all the other main protagonist Decks, I'm not starting a flame war I swear.

[spoilersArt & Design]Real quick, I'm starting to love Yusaku's monsters for their designs, the ultra high-tech, from the distant future look, and all the neon colors. Yugi's monsters are classics and thus will not be touched due to nostalgia, Jaden's HEROES still hold up as far as I'm concerned, some of them could even compete against most modern mainstream superheros in terms of overall design. I will say that although I do like the Yuma's Number Xyz Monsters and Yuya's Four Dimension Dragons, I was never a fan of most of their Main Deck Monsters; Yuma's were all over the place in terms of design (and something else but you'll have to read the next tab), and I'm not a fan of the literal clownish look of Yuya's Performapals. Yusei's are a mix bag, I generally like the majority of his cards both in the Main and Extra Deck, with only a handful I could care less about. I just wanted to get this out the way for the deeper stuff.

[spoilersNot Archetype Heavy]The one thing I've started to hate about what some of the anime series' have been doing is this idea that the main protagonist has to have a bunch Archetypes in one Deck, each one to serve a specific purpose that any 1 competently composed Archetype could do. Yuma is by far the worst offender of this, with the cards Onomatopaira and Onomatopia being the best way to exemplify this considering they are some of the only cards made that can actually support Yuma's entire anime deck at once, otherwise each of his Archetypes needs its own Deck practically to be used properly. Yusaku has only 2 Archetypes (so far); Code Talker and Cynet, and each of these Archetypes completely compliments his Cyberse/Link Monster Deck strategy without having to add anything else that is not either a Cyberse monster or a Link Monster, although he currently has 1 Cyberse Ritual Monster and 1 Cyberse Fusion Monster, both of which support Link Monsters. This means that Yusaku can just use basically any Cyberse monster in the game to fit his strategy so he can Link Summon Link Monsters as fast as he can, without needing a certain card of a certain Archetype to bail him out. Yes he uses Code Talker Link Monsters and Cynet Spells/Traps, but those are only 2 Archetypes as I just said perfectly compliment the rest of his Deck without being overbearing and clunky.

[spoilersStrategy]Yes I know "his Deck is only used to sell the new mechanic", with that said it does it a little bit better than previous main protagonist Decks. Yusaku can spam Link Monsters like in a RL Duel, for a Yu-Gi-Oh! anime this is quite the feat, but again I know "Jaden, Yusei, even Yuma and Yuya could spam the respective monsters their Decks were specifically built to Summon", and I'll say it like this. Unlike the previous main protagonists, Yusaku does at least 2 things that the others very rarely did (if at all); his Deck uses more cards that are also IRL cards for the TCG/OCG than any other main protagonist (I counted, and it was a long count) meaning you could realistically build his Deck without adding to many cards that he doesn't use if you wanted but you do need outside help at the moment and I will elaborate in the last tab of this post, and he doesn't entirely rely on his ace monster Firewall Dragon too much. That means he has more Deck space to support his Cyberse monsters and Link Monsters generically as he doesn't need to have a card that needs Firewall Dragon on the field or anywhere else to activate, thus allowing him to make more Link spam plays, again like a RL Deck. Going back for a second, as far as those IRL cards are concerned, a lot of them (Lady Debugger, Balancer Lord, Backup Secretary, and a few others) are considered not only good Cyberse/Link Monster support, but almost necessary for that Deck, in some cases at 3 in the Deck. This is because of consistency with the rest of the other Cyberse monsters or Link Monsters currently in the game, btw that's my last point I want to make.

[spoilersConsistency]Even though the VRAINS anime is not done yet, I think I can safely say that Yusaku has the absolute best consistency of any main protagonist deck so far; for the most part he rarely needs to rely on "blind luck" (plot convenience) to help win a Duel aside a few times. Yes I know he has had some plot convenience, and he can use his Skill as Playmaker to get a free Link Monster into his Extra Deck during a Duel, but unlike most other main protagonists that needed the "Heart of the Cards" or a drawing gimmick (again Yuma is the biggest offender with his Shining Draw and even Dark Draw), although even Yugi had to do this plenty in a lot of his Duels, same goes for Jaden, Yusei, and Yuya; Yusaku relies mostly on the consistency of his monsters through their effects as well as his Spells/Traps, specifically his Cynet cards. With this in mind, if you tried to build his Deck IRL, that Deck would also benefit from this consistency and you might only need to add a few cards to it that Yusaku doesn't use to make it more competitive. I've actually played this kind of Deck a lot on Duelingbook and Yugiopro and I can say that is surprisingly fast and consistent in spamming the field with Cyberse monsters and Link Monsters, but there's a catch.

[spoilersThe One Downside]Lastly I have to talk about the one thing this Deck actually needs, as it severely lacks this currently. The one thing I can't stand about the Deck from playing a RL version of if is that for all the spamming it does, it has almost no field control or high ATK bosses, unless you ironically include Revolver's Topologic Link Monsters, all so far are Cyberse-Type. Even then, I don't because they actually do clash somewhat with the rest of the Deck. Anytime I want to build an version of Yusaku's Deck that I can I have to include some field control cards and a few high ATK Link Monsters that are not apart of Yusaku's cards (Saruja Skull Dread, or again ironically Revolver's Borrel Link Monsters). This doesn't entirely go against what I've just wrote about the Deck, and I'm sure this will be taken care of in the future but for right now this Deck needs some outside help to keep itself together, specifically ways to remove cards from the field and high ATK bosses to cause damage.

• 2 weeks later...

You wrote аn interesting and argumentative essay, which was useful to read. I saw only the old series, so I do not know this new hero well. According to the stories of my friends from the college, the character Yusaku Fujiki hates to stand out and at school he spends his days, as he wishes, quietly, peacefully, unnoticed. But he begins to intersect with other people in gaming duels, which helps him start moving forward. If this is your text, I have a question, do you provide writing services? You know, after your review, I want to see new episodes of this anime and I'll probably do it in the near future! 

And one more question, this is Yusaku Fujiki, am I right? 

n0Ow850DcTc.jpg

You wrote аn interesting and argumentative essay, which was useful to read. I saw only the old series, so I do not know this new hero well. According to the stories of my friends from the college, the character Yusaku Fujiki hates to stand out and at school he spends his days, as he wishes, quietly, peacefully, unnoticed. But he begins to intersect with other people in gaming duels, which helps him start moving forward. If this is your text, I have a question, do you provide writing services? You know, after your review, I want to see new episodes of this anime and I'll probably do it in the near future!

And one more question, this is Yusaku Fujiki, am I right?

n0Ow850DcTc.jpg

That's the guy.

You wrote аn interesting and argumentative essay, which was useful to read. I saw only the old series, so I do not know this new hero well. According to the stories of my friends from the college, the character Yusaku Fujiki hates to stand out and at school he spends his days, as he wishes, quietly, peacefully, unnoticed. But he begins to intersect with other people in gaming duels, which helps him start moving forward. If this is your text, I have a question, do you provide writing services? You know, after your review, I want to see new episodes of this anime and I'll probably do it in the near future! 

And one more question, this is Yusaku Fujiki, am I right? 

n0Ow850DcTc.jpg

No sorry I don't provide writing services, I'm just a dude typing out a post. Click the link at the top to go the Yugioh Wikia page on him.

Archived