YCM CC Awards - Season 1

Welcome to the first installment of the CC Awards.

The general awards do have a section, but only a best cardmaker award. Here, you have the chance to be more specific and vote in a wide variety of categories. 

I intend on making this a recurring thing based on how this turns out and the activity in the section, but we shall see how this goes first. 

(Posting this in Card Contests because it's almost never used. Might as well give it some life during dry periods, right?)

iU8EggM.png

Rules

1. Members who know how stuff works are permitted to vote. There is no post count requirement to vote.

(If you're voting, you at least must be aware of who the regulars are.)

2. You cannot vote for yourself, nor any members who wish to be opted out of these polls. 

(Please let me know if you do not want to be in this.)

3. Member must have posted in Custom Cards within the last 6 months to be nominated.

Exceptions may be granted in certain cases, but makes no sense to vote for a member who's long gone.

For the designer awards or Contest Veteran, your nomination must actually be active in that section.

(No voting for a member who has never posted there, and I know where you all post in CC.)

4. You can vote in any number of categories, but you can only vote for the same person in up to 3 categories. Gotta be fair to everyone.

(Please try to vote as in many fields as possible. Needless to say, you may only vote for 1 member per category.)

5. Vote seriously and don't nominate people for the memes. Doing so will result in your vote being disregarded and you being warned for spam.

6. Regular site rules apply, which should be self-explanatory.

7. No vote coercion. 

Let people vote for whomever they choose on their own free will; not because of some member fad or whatever.

iU8EggM.png

Categories

General Categories

CC Superstar: This functions similar to the regular award version.

(Who is the overall best member in CC, based on card design, temperament and their desire to help the place flourish with their activity/contributions?)

Casual Designer: Who makes the best stuff in Casual/Free Cards, and contributes to its overall health regularly? 

(NOTE: Due to the recent move of the card making games to Casual, stuff made in those games may be taken into consideration here)

Advanced Designer: Who designs the best stuff in Advanced Cards, and contributes to its overall health regularly? 

(Other TCG doesn't really count here, given its inactivity. Sorry about that.)

CC Helper: Who does the best job at helping members out in the section (reviewing stuff, offering pointers, etc.) while being respectful? 

CC Reviewer: Who gives the most insightful reviews in the area while retaining an adequate level of respect for the members they are critiquing?

(This can involve mentioning design aspects, how it functions in the current game, etc.)

CC Partymaker: Who makes the funniest and weirdest cards in this section. (Note that these can include Joke Cards or other things that are somewhat unorthodox compared to standard design)

CC Visionary: Who makes the most innovative ideas for card design, whether it be a new summon mechanic / card type or introducing concepts that are rarely explored at present?

CC Contest Veteran: Who's the best member to have competed in Card Contests and/or 1v1s within the past 2 years

(This one has a wider range, given this section's inactivity. If you were active at any point from 2016 to now, you qualify to be nominated here.)

Ranking Categories

Taking into consideration all areas of Custom Cards and how their performance has been throughout, now you get to vote for members based on their general status on YCM. Essentially CC Superstar, but divided into ranking to give recognition to our rising stars, the veterans and the old guard concurrently.

CC Rising Star: For members with less than 1,000 posts; best new blood to grace this section overall.

CC Elite Star: For members between 1,000 and 5,000 posts; those of you who've been on YCM a while and made your name known.

CC Legend Star: Members with 5,000 or more posts who are in it for the long run and etched their names into the history books for the section.

Miscellaneous Categories

CC Collaborator: If you were to pick out a single member for a collaboration project in this section, this is your chance to tell us whom you'd like to go with.

CC Best Friend: Use this to vote for your friends in this section. Or you can use this to vote for another member who deserves some recognition here, but doesn't quite meet the standards over another user for a different category.

iU8EggM.png

Awards

To be worked on, but each of the winners will get a small tag with their avatar on it and the category that they won. 

iU8EggM.png

Voting

You must post your votes here for them to count.

However, I will accept them over PM if you do not feel comfortable voting publicly. Please let me know about this when you do.

[spoiler=Voting template (Please use it when submitting nominations)]

CC Superstar: 
Casual Designer:
Advanced Designer: 
CC Helper: 
CC Reviewer: 
CC Partymaker:
CC Visionary:
CC 1v1 Veteran:

CC Rising Star: 
CC Elite Star: 
CC Legend Star: 

CC Collaborator:
CC Best Friend:

iU8EggM.png

Deadline

Voting will last 7 days, and will end June 30th, 2018 @ 11:59 pm HST

I may end it earlier if enough members submit ballots (which is probably 10-12 members), but we'll see how it turns out. 

Results and awards will be out a few days after voting has closed; I need to tally up stuff and then design the awards. 

iU8EggM.png

Good luck to everyone.

Now let's see who ends up winning a spot in the CC Hall of Fame.

CC Superstar: Sleepy

Casual Designer: Dr. Jolly Glot the III

Advanced Designer: Toyo

CC Helper: Sleepy

CC Reviewer: Dova

CC Visionary: Sleepy

CC Rising Star: Dragulas

CC Elite Star: Dova

CC Legend Star: Sleepy

CC Collaborator: Toyo

Honorable mentions that IDK where to fit in are Black D'Sceptyr and BGM キャノン. The former for its creativity, although it sometimes it compromises playability; and the latter is along Jolly as a strong casual cardmaker, if only missing on the commenting/reviewing department.

CC Superstar: Darj
Casual Designer: BGM キャノン
Advanced Designer: Darj
CC Helper: Sakura
CC Reviewer: Darj
CC Visionary: Sleepy
CC Contest Veteran: VCR_Cat

CC Rising Star: TheTrueSaiyan
CC Elite Star: Toyo
CC Veteran: Sakura

CC Collaborator: Darj

The overall one is mostly for members in here who didn't vote to go choose in the mainstream awards.

I have my own votes laid out already, but I'll post them later. 

In that case, I wanna make some changes on my nominations. Will edit my post accordingly.

That's fine; I didn't record your initial votes (though it's probably saved in thread notification emails). Not that it should matter too much since the voting pool is quite small right now and doesn't appear to be too much of a change. 

EDIT: Gonna soft edit my nominations in now.

Prefacing this with the note that I took into consideration the quality and frequency of works in addition to how you conduct yourselves within the section within the pool of members who I've seen contributing.

CC Superstar: Dova

Casual Designer: Egmoedeus (BGM キャノン)

Advanced Designer: Darj

CC Helper: Dova

CC Reviewer: Dova

CC Partymaker: Egmoedeus (BGM キャノン)

CC Visionary: Draconus

CC 1v1 Veteran: Striker

CC Rising Star: Dragulas

CC Elite Star: Draconus

CC Legend Star: Darj

CC Collaborator: Tinkerer

CC Best Friend: Striker

Well, votes are counted and awards are now made. (Obviously, there were a few ties but given the activity in this section, I'm not doing tiebreakers and just made an award for everyone who got the most in a category).

https://imgur.com/a/0CABseK
(Hopefully this album holds because it isn't linked to my personal Imgur, but should be. Just make sure you save yours)

And now...for the awards.

iU8EggM.png

CC Superstar

Khosr7X.png

jlbrA46.png

DtNfYeH.png

Casual Designer

cO7l3PS.png

Advanced Designer

fO4sT19.png

CC Helper

JCehSJ5.png

kvEILbb.png

6xrYqOH.png

CC Reviewer

OT2C733.png

CC Partymaker

v2VqBeC.png

CC Visionary

JG7anDl.png

CC 1v1 Veteran (Contest Veteran)

iMHgYyI.png

3JMy66j.png

(I guess it makes some sense that one goes to the general contest section, and one goes to 1v1s)

CC Rising Star

wUf80Yb.png

CC Elite Star

ZRJRNDX.png

LEc7qUd.png

xaFAUA3.png

CC Legend Star

Xm3AcfV.png

uDfb7RL.png

tLHSsJF.png

CC Collaborator

VNrrVP2.png

aLaMcX9.png

b3Z85XA.png

CC Best Friend

JbmqpgQ.png

iU8EggM.png

With the award stuff wrapped up, yeah, thanks to everyone who voted (though only 3 people voted, including me). Also, congratulations to those who got nominated for an award and won. 

I suppose there will be another award thing in six months, so if you didn't win this time, you probably get another chance to prove yourselves.

We'll see how it goes.

Archived