[Signature] Police Makoto

mido9

This misses every attribute that an art piece composes of it. All of it is just a bunch of components tact on to each other with some cool layer effects to help out, to help the focal. What is the point of this piece and what are you trying to convey with it? Ask this question as you are working on it and then try to reach that point through each aspect of the piece. Right now, you seem like you want to make the focal something to focus on, yet don't have a reason to try and accomplish this.

Do you like the render you used? Why do you like the render? What do you think of when you see it?

The use of the white circles are a ploy to create a contrast with the background, but also negate the monochromatic of the piece. The background itself is a dark blue, with the color coming off the white orb being back. Using primary colors create direct contrast with each other.

Why did you lower the opacity on the fractal without erasing much of it? This tries to add more color to the piece, yet detracts from what the background and middle ground could compose as it doesn't influence anything of the other pieces. It is just another tool to help make the piece look nice.

The render gives an element of depth, with her hands sticking out in the foreground and her body being left in the middle ground. This should be capitalized on, or at least provide something more than a flat source of focus to the piece.

I would love if you gave the background some nicer, finer details so that it there is more to the piece. The cyan cloud from the top is out of place, just being another thing that is tact on but not benefiting the piece. It seems to be a nice addition but it less appealing since it isn't consistently affecting the piece.

I think the biggest thing this piece is missing is unity in the elements that occupy it, regardless of why they were used. The elements were not used well, in correspondence with each other. This piece is barely working for itself.

This misses every attribute that an art piece composes of it. All of it is just a bunch of components tact on to each other with some cool layer effects to help out, to help the focal. What is the point of this piece and what are you trying to convey with it? Ask this question as you are working on it and then try to reach that point through each aspect of the piece. Right now, you seem like you want to make the focal something to focus on, yet don't have a reason to try and accomplish this.

Do you like the render you used? Why do you like the render? What do you think of when you see it?

The use of the white circles are a ploy to create a contrast with the background, but also negate the monochromatic of the piece. The background itself is a dark blue, with the color coming off the white orb being back. Using primary colors create direct contrast with each other.

Why did you lower the opacity on the fractal without erasing much of it? This tries to add more color to the piece, yet detracts from what the background and middle ground could compose as it doesn't influence anything of the other pieces. It is just another tool to help make the piece look nice.

The render gives an element of depth, with her hands sticking out in the foreground and her body being left in the middle ground. This should be capitalized on, or at least provide something more than a flat source of focus to the piece.

I would love if you gave the background some nicer, finer details so that it there is more to the piece. The cyan cloud from the top is out of place, just being another thing that is tact on but not benefiting the piece. It seems to be a nice addition but it less appealing since it isn't consistently affecting the piece.

I think the biggest thing this piece is missing is unity in the elements that occupy it, regardless of why they were used. The elements were not used well, in correspondence with each other. This piece is barely working for itself.

I just liked the render and just remembered I have a few old PSDs to work with, so I ran with it. There's no rhyme or reason to it, it's just some tricks and effects that I thought would look pretty and/or shiny overlayed on a render. It's police, and the first thing I think of/a good theme is gloomy streets by midnight.

Also, the red ball was just there because "oh, right, police cars have a red and blue siren... right."

Also, yes the clouds and such were there almost specifically just because the original background looked plain and boring.

Archived