Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

[Dae] I haven't made a sig in so long, fuck.

Necrobump!

Guest, the last post on this topic is over 30 days old and a new post will be considered as necrobumping!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Halloween Costume

Halloween Costume

Legendary Member

• Pretentious Prick

• 16,727 posts
    Last Visit Today, 12:26 AM
  • Alias:Dae
  • Spouse:Catman

QAJaikj.png

Lighting needs hella work. Probably change some of the contrast and shit. Lamp in the background needs a different shade. Maybe remove the on in front or make it less obnoxious.

Cnc?

IiGVtCm.png1st_Place.png

41682d2aec304c206d5c0d9ca3a4bd12.png

(Mizzet)

(Mizzet)

Firemind

• Ace Investigator
  • 7,264 posts
    Last Visit
  • Alias:(parenthesis)
  • Spouse:cinnamon
Screen on the left draws the eye way too much. I see how you're trying to use it for leading, but I think it's a bit too blocky, and just stands out too much for the effect.

Really sweet color composition.
  • Dad likes this

Halloween Costume

Halloween Costume

Legendary Member

• Topic Starter
  • Pretentious Prick

• 16,727 posts
    Last Visit Today, 12:26 AM
  • Alias:Dae
  • Spouse:Catman

Screen on the left draws the eye way too much. I see how you're trying to use it for leading, but I think it's a bit too blocky, and just stands out too much for the effect.

Really sweet color composition.

Yeah, might just remove them and see how that goes.

IiGVtCm.png1st_Place.png

41682d2aec304c206d5c0d9ca3a4bd12.png

God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

Neow

• Moderators
  • 11,603 posts
    Last Visit Today, 03:52 AM
  • Alias:Lord CowCow
  • Spouse:Shiki/Aix

Okay I'm gonna try and give some thought because it popped into my head.

But it almost feels it should be...smaller? I don't know how to describe it besides just how it feels so apologies but...When I look at it the spaces without "things" (like the screen and lamp and person) I lose focus on the whole thing. Something like...I zone out a bit while looking at it. My eyes sorta just brush past the whole thing.

I know that probably doesn't make sense, sorry.

8PBUpdp.gif

Twenty-five Zero Oh-oh

Twenty-five Zero Oh-oh

Member Title

• Elite Members
  • 1,936 posts
    Last Visit Oct 16 2018 11:32 PM

I like the lanterns. I particularly like what you've done with the one of the left. I'm not a fan of the gray cloud texture background thing. I feel it doesn't really match the style of the rest of the elements in the piece. Also what's with the white blocks on the top and bottom. Interested to see you develop this one further.

Click to join the contest!
Posted Image

Gyfts

Thar

Thar

At age six, I was born without a face.

• Button Masher

• 12,080 posts
    Last Visit Today, 12:56 AM
  • Discord:Thar#3461
  • Spouse:Tormented

I think my favorite part of this piece is what looks like windows between the sign and the lantern on the left. The way they blend into the texture is so dope.

...also yeah, I get what you mean about those borders. I don't like them.

x88D7DT.png

Hachimitcher-Lemon

Hachimitcher-Lemon

His Mitcher's Ship

• Back Alley Alliance
  • 2,237 posts
    Last Visit Oct 14 2018 02:53 AM
  • Alias:Mitcher

the white borders might look better if the text on the top right wasn't stuck on it making it look like some kind of clunky frame for the sig

there's a decent attempt to integrate the background light blue neon lighting into the render but the sig as a whole feels too bright for that to be good. and the effects overlaying the background obstruct it too much to get a sense of depth, a sense that the render is inside a dark interior building or something.

it feels like this is some kind of vaporwave-style aesthetic, idk

BOYS, BE AMBITIOUS!

Posted Image

Tormented

Tormented

Placebo Admin

• Moderators
  • 6,514 posts
    Last Visit Yesterday, 08:59 AM
  • Discord:Ash#9999

> hates borders
> uses them anyway

I think it's an interesting concept with relatively poor execution, the piece seems very flat (even though there is depth with the lamp + window)

The mix of greys with colours just doesn't work here, I don't see any logical progression for why the colours change as much as they do.

Quality also seems all over the place, the sharpness has no logic to it just seems as if you've grabbed the sharpen tool and swabbed on a couple of points to try and add depth(?).

The render feels like a part of a different piece, or perhaps it feels like there are two different pieces trying to work together.

It's not bad but it's certainly by no means your best.

"Off my chair, jester. The King sits there"

-

C A D E A U P O U R M O I

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users