[THR] knight

Thar

I hate these type of borders, they are so distracting to the entire piece. They're also just horrible to look at. The contrast to the actual piece is just obnoxious. I hate borders in general, but I used them recently, so I will just say how bad these borders are.

The whole thing is off. The background is on a different angle than what the focal is, meaning that the picture has unrealistic aspects in dimensions that throw the piece off. I assume that the dragon is supposed to be a reflection, but the difference in styles is rather disappointing. It is pixelated while the render is crisp and sharper.

The background is undefined, where there is no distinction to be made of the objects or the differences between the objects in the background. The lighting makes is less appealing to look as because of how soft it is against the light color, not really filling the picture well.

The render needs to be better blended in around the head, with some brush work it could work.

This piece is missing enough that there is nothing that sets it apart, there is no attention to detail that can help bring the (I hate this term, but it is the best for this forum) wow-facter. The atmosphere is the best thing about this and that would be improved without the render, honestly. The render isn't adding anything to the actual piece and I think the dragon would be a much better focus, if it was implemented better.

Why even try to have a focus that is off from the flow of the piece if the hard lighting isn't helping to direct flow to it? I would rather be looking where he is.

I hate these type of borders, they are so distracting to the entire piece. They're also just horrible to look at. The contrast to the actual piece is just obnoxious. I hate borders in general, but I used them recently, so I will just say how bad these borders are.

The whole thing is off. The background is on a different angle than what the focal is, meaning that the picture has unrealistic aspects in dimensions that throw the piece off. I assume that the dragon is supposed to be a reflection, but the difference in styles is rather disappointing. It is pixelated while the render is crisp and sharper.

The background is undefined, where there is no distinction to be made of the objects or the differences between the objects in the background. The lighting makes is less appealing to look as because of how soft it is against the light color, not really filling the picture well.

The render needs to be better blended in around the head, with some brush work it could work.

This piece is missing enough that there is nothing that sets it apart, there is no attention to detail that can help bring the (I hate this term, but it is the best for this forum) wow-facter. The atmosphere is the best thing about this and that would be improved without the render, honestly. The render isn't adding anything to the actual piece and I think the dragon would be a much better focus, if it was implemented better.

Why even try to have a focus that is off from the flow of the piece if the hard lighting isn't helping to direct flow to it? I would rather be looking where he is.

Honestly, I was debating whether or not the border was necessary, but that's one of several things that I would've needed clarification on from others.

I used the render to set the map tone for the piece, so I guess if there's any reason for it being there it's for a choice of colors. Removing the render and focusing on the dragon does make the piece more appealing now that I look at it. Though the question now is how the dragon should be implemented. Seeing as my idea of a good piece is rather inexperienced, it doesn't take much for me to think it's done, though that's exactly why I'm doing this.

Not sure what I can be prompted with to help me get a better idea of what you're looking for, so I'll have to look at some more pieces to see what I'm missing.

Great to hear you're jumping on the train! Now let's talk about your piece.

Right now, it feels like you've pasted a render on top of a printed surface because there's not really much happening in the foreground and your background is lacking proper contrast and lighting. Firstly, I think it would be helpful to familiarize yourself with more effects. I feel like at the moment, you're not able to communicate the scene you're trying to create because you lack the tools to do so and thus everything is coming out flat. Regarding flatness, remember that things closer to the viewer will have greater contrast (darker shadows) and saturation; as you go away from the viewer, things tend to lose contrast (lighter shadows) and saturation. Lastly, always try to be mindful of your light sources and create your piece accordingly. Everything you can see is visible because you are perceiving that it either emits light or light bounces off of it. Thus, it's extremely important in graphics that your lighting is believable. 

Archived