Dododo Wizard (Hi-Hexing the Sky, Sending Monsters on the Fly, WESTSIIIIIDE)

Black D'Sceptyr

(that was a terrible pun excuse me I must go rush my head under a rain of nails for my sins)

dododo_wizard_by_bdsceptyr-db5yix8.png

EARTH/Warrior-Type Xyz Effect Monster/Rank 6/2100 ATK/850 DEF

Lore: 2 Level 6 monsters
Once per turn, you can also Xyz Summon "Dododo Wizard" by using a "Zubaba", "Gogogo", or "Gagaga" Xyz Monster you control as material. (Transfer its materials to this card.) Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can detach 1 material from this card, then target 1 monster you control: it gains ATK equal to its original DEF until the End Phase, then if you have no cards in your hand, you can add 1 EARTH Warrior monster from your Deck to your hand whose DEF is equal to or less than the ATK change, except a monster with 0 DEF.

This is the third of a trio of Rank 6s I've been presenting this week, and well, it's a doozy-being able to come forth through the other three of Yuma's parent Archetypes, this card boosts and searches in equal measure (not the Goukis tho, they're crazy nowadays.)

The power, however, is in the ease of Summon-giving another avenue to the Yuma lineup to Summon in a chain is no longer restricted to Utopia, and Onomatopia becomes all the better for it. 

Until the next card, folks.

Reviews, revelry, you know the drill. 

BD'S, signing off.

YES MORE ONOMATOPOEIA STUFF YES

Kinda fits the flavour of the Zubaba General? That empties out your hand somewhat, but that portion of the archetype does only consist of about 3 cards, so you can't rely on that. Onomatopaira provides multiple searching, going +1, and the Gagaga monster don't care about the hand, with the Gogogo one Xyz actually adding to the hand. The last search clause could probably be worked into a seperate effect. Glad Dododos have an Xyz now, but a simple ATK gain with a possible limited search is meh. At least it's splashable in EARTH Warrior Decks, considering the freedom of materials on the Xyzs you can ladder into this card, but the double requirement of ED space, the double L4 requirement, and the fact that you need a monster with DEF is really limiting in this Link era. Then again, if this was stronger, Goukis could easily take advantage of it...so right now, I don't really know what to say. With my initial excitement gone, it seems all over the place. Jack of quite a few trades, master of none.

YES MORE ONOMATOPOEIA STUFF YES

Kinda fits the flavour of the Zubaba General? That empties out your hand somewhat, but that portion of the archetype does only consist of about 3 cards, so you can't rely on that. Onomatopaira provides multiple searching, going +1, and the Gagaga monster don't care about the hand, with the Gogogo one Xyz actually adding to the hand. The last search clause could probably be worked into a seperate effect. Glad Dododos have an Xyz now, but a simple ATK gain with a possible limited search is meh. At least it's splashable in EARTH Warrior Decks, considering the freedom of materials on the Xyzs you can ladder into this card, but the double requirement of ED space, the double L4 requirement, and the fact that you need a monster with DEF is really limiting in this Link era. Then again, if this was stronger, Goukis could easily take advantage of it...so right now, I don't really know what to say. With my initial excitement gone, it seems all over the place. Jack of quite a few trades, master of none.

Same as the rest of the parent archetypes of Yuya's then. Sweet.

Also

I ain't scared of no bumping

no bumping 

no bumping

Archived