Scholar Field Spell

AkibaSilver

So, I'm developing my own archetype, and this is my starting point. Does this seem like an OP card to anyone? Or is it too underpowered?

Scholar’s Subject Library

Field Spell

Once per turn, you can Special Summon one "Scholar" monster from your hand or your GY. Once per turn, you can target 1 card on the field; discard one "Scholar" card; that card is unaffected by your opponent’s card effects until the opponent's next End Phase.

I would like to see the ace monster to the archtype. But I suppose the Field Spell would help out with cards like Burst Stream of Destruction, Dark Hole, etc., considering you can keep at least 1 monster on the field.

Well first of all, it would help to know what the archetype monsters are like. Secondly, a cost and/or condition is a must for this one. I would say the second effect is fine, but I have no reference as to what this "Scholar" archetype is like. Perhaps for its first effect, it could be: "You can pay 1000 Life Points; Special Summon 1 "Scholar" monster from your hand or your GY. You can only activate this effect of "Scholar's Subject Library" once per turn." to avoid potential abuse, given how it is a Field Spell and can be searched via Terraforming. 

Well, it would depend on what the Scholar monsters actually do. A cost may not be necessary for the SS effect, though changing the summoning thing to hard OPT may be advisable. Other effect is fine. 

Again, until we get an idea of what Scholars do, a proper analysis can't be given. So far, it seems fine, outside probably making the SS effect a hard OPT.

Archived