[Leaderboard] Season 18 Postseason (Match B-2)

Contest Rules

- Whoever gets 3 votes or most by deadline wins.

- Voters must explain their choices and elaborate on both cards; otherwise will be rejected.

- Card C votes are permitted.

- System of vetoes listed in section rules shall apply.

- Members will get a like for voting.

- Rules to be added as necessary (but I doubt this will be the case)

Theme

Make a support card for an archetype of choice

Deadline

June 26th, 2018 @ 6:45 pm HST

iU8EggM.png

Card A 

Worm Dimension

Field Spell

If this card is activated: You can send 1 Reptile "Worm" monster from your Deck to the GY, and if you do, draw 1 card. Face-down monsters you control cannot be targeted for attacks. If this card leaves the field: You can activate one of the following effects:

- Fusion Summon 1 "Worm" Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, by banishing its Fusion Materials from your field or GY.

- Set 1 "W Nebula Meteorite" from your Deck.

Card B 

Red-Eyes Black Flame Swordsman

Level 4 | DARK | Warrior | Effect

1800/1600

When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can target 1 face-up Warrior or “Red-Eyes” monster you control; equip 1 Level 3 or lower DARK Dragon monster from your hand or Deck to that target. You can banish this card from your GY; Fusion Summon 1 Fusion Monster that lists a "Red-Eyes" monster as Material from your Extra Deck, using monsters from your hand or field as Fusion Materials. You can only use each effect of “Red-Eyes Black Flame Swordsman” once per turn.

Card A (Krashkube)

Looking at their current stuff, things they can do with the on-activation milling:

• Dump another material needed for Zero's Fusion Summon from this card, given that Future Fusion got nerfed.
  • Mill Yagan and then have Xex out to revive it; use both to Rank 4 if you have to make Kingremlin (King of Feral Imps)
  • Banishing fodder for Tentacles
  • Another 500 for Victory.

Face-down protection for monsters is okay; nothing really special, but lets you get time to trigger things you need to, I suppose. Then again, if the opponent is foolish enough to pop this card (or I guess you can go remove it yourself somehow), you have an internal way to make Zero with plenty of fuel (though that's already dependent on you having used different monsters to Fusion Summon it), or yeah, set up Nebula; flip all of your monsters face-down for draw power and go summon King/Queen out. 

For what it does, it's fine although Worms still have major consistency problems [but...that can be said for a lot of the minor 5Ds archetypes].

Card B (BatMed)

(I think Red-Eyes is oversaturated already with their supports, but let's blame that on Konami not knowing what to do with them. Moving on...)

It's nice that this can equip Red-Eyes Baby Dragon and Black Metal for their power boosts (um, I think they should apply their boosts even if it's not from their inherent equip effects). I mean, you could also equip Cyberdark Claw and Cannon if you were (for whatever reason) running them in Red-Eyes, but yeah. There's also Renrin, but...why are you running it here, taking into consideration its effects (unless you really want it for another material to Link Summon in the Deck). Fusion Summoning effect is fine, as it technically avoids the "cannot NS/Set restriction" that Red-Eyes Fusion has for whatever reason (only thing you lose is the monster not being named Red-Eyes B. Dragon anymore, but...is that an issue?). Only restriction is that it's limited to the B. Skull and Meteor Black retrains, but they're both still decent enough. Losing out on Slash Dragon won't kill you.

Like I said above, Red-Eyes have a lot of cards, but no real goal in mind. As far as targets go, you're just stuck with Baby Dragon and Black Metal. Or I guess if you somehow can fit this into other Decks, you can attach Dragons to generic Warriors too. 

Voting B because of general usability reasons and helping the Deck mitigate certain issues (like the no NS/Set thing) and guess equipping those cards for their effects.

Not to say that A sucks because Reptile Worms are doing nothing; for what it does for the Deck, it's fine, but moreso on the entire Deck not being coherent thematically to make it work optimally. 

I'll think of a round 3 requirement soon, but if I recall, everyone is tied right now so...will be a tiebreaker round at the end. You'll get mentioned when it arises.

Archived