[SOFU] Folgo, Justice Fur Hire

A new boss monster for everyone’s favorites heroes Fur Hire makes its appearance dashingly.

Dgh8iPNUYAIKKVj.jpg?resize=414%2C292&ssl

SOFU-JP047 空牙団の大義 フォルゴ
Romanization: Kuugadan no Taigi Folgo
OCG: Folgo, Justice of the Skyfang Brigade
TCG: Folgo, Justice Fur Hire

Link 3 DARK Beast Effect Monster
ATK 2400
Links: Top, Bottom Left, Bottom Right
Materials: Monsters of 3 different Types
You can only use each effect of this card’s name once per turn. Cannot be used as Link Material.
(1) If this card is Link Summoned: Special Summon 1 monster “Fur Hire” with a different Type than that of the monsters used as Link Materials for this card from your Deck in Defense Position.
(2) If a card your opponent controls is destroyed by battle or effect: Draw 1 card, then, if you control 3 or more monsters “Fur Hire” with different names, draw 2 cards.

Source: https://ygorganization.com/thebestpartofduelingupisfolgosinyourcup/

RIP Main Deck only, a little bit sad about that, but if any Deck has the spamability to make Link Monsters, this is it. Well, it's not half bad I feel, giving up 3 monsters can be tough, but that isn't a huge issue, since you get a monster back, and the drawing effect is great. Too bad you can't use it as a material, but I get it too, they know the danger of something like that.

This looks really solid for them as a means to continually recoup advantage, but the fact it doesn't have protection in of itself is a bit worrisome. It's not likely that you'd be able to use its (2) effect more than once. I do like how its mats are generic enough to allow other engines to be splashed into Fur Hire (Zoodiac Barrage, maybe?) to get this out.

Duel Links would like a word with you

Yeah man a format with no links

And completely different from the rest of the game

means he is wrong

totes

anyway, I would gladly pay 3 monsters after chaining into Rafael in order to SS Wiz from the deck. That’s actually kinda hilarious, but the problem is that some of them share types, and even with Beat this is somewhat pricy.

There has to be a good way to make this on 1 scapegoat. You could probably also run a brandish engine and use your normal summon, but I'd like to avoid using the normal

brifu>seraphinite, put Galaxy serpent in hand

NS serpent with seraphinite

Make needlefiber, summon GUB

Make linkuriboh, resummon GUB

Link summon this fucko, SS wiz from deck, or if wiz is in hand summon Beat

Any good removal options for the opponent's turn to let this trigger its draw on both turns?

mayhem fur hire makes both recon and donpa work.

brifu>seraphinite, put Galaxy serpent in hand

NS serpent with seraphinite

Make needlefiber, summon GUB

Make linkuriboh, resummon GUB

Link summon this fucko, SS wiz from deck, or if wiz is in hand summon Beat

mayhem fur hire makes both recon and donpa work.

Ya boi Hornet Bit combo also gives you two types and bodies for no normal summon too (Machine and Warrior), so you have to work off of too.

Hurr durr can't believe I missed this

Scapegoat

1 token= Linkuriboh

1 token=Linkuriboh + token = lee

1 token + linkuriboh + lee = folgo

You can't summon wiz or the little pop bois, but you can get beat, Rafael, or anything else in the deck

You could replace Lee with any of the 2 mat Knightmares and be able to Summon Wiz (+ you'd have the utility of Knightmares in case you'd need it). The Invoked Link could also replace Lee if you have a means to fusion before going into Folgo, but (again) you wouldn't get Wiz.

Why would Konami write its effect as monster "Fur Hire" instead of "Fur Hire" monster, is it supposed to be a joke? This isn't just Folgo, they all have that in the TCG.

It is a joke I suppose, it's just a cute thing they did for only them, because they had a pun and this worked out. It's not actually changing anything functionally, so whatever.

Archived