Aroma support

SecondSeraphim

A love these guys, and figured I’d finish giving “seraphy” forms to the rest of the mages, along with filling in the other summoning mechanics.

Aromaseraphy Bergamot               EARTH/Plant/Fusion         LV 8                       ATK 3400 / DEF 2800

3 Plant monsters

While your LP is higher than your opponent's, you can Fusion Summon this card with just 2 Plant-type monsters as Fusion Material. While your LP is higher than your opponent's, your Plant-type monsters cannot be targeted by your opponent’s card effects. Once per turn, if you gain LP: This card may declare a second attack this turn.

Aromaseraphy Cananga              EARTH/Plant/XYZ             Rank 3                   ATK 1900 / DEF 1500

2 level 3 monsters

If your LP is higher than your opponent’s, you can reveal this card in your Extra Deck, target a Plant-type monster you control, and declare a Level; the targeted monster becomes the declared Level but cannot be used as Material, except for the Summon of a Plant-type Monster. You can only activate this effect of “Aromaseraphy Cananga” once per Duel. Once per turn, during either player’s turn, you can detach a Material from this card; gain 500 LP.

Aromage Ivy                                       DARK/Plant                         LV 7                       ATK 2500 / DEF 2300

If you gain LP while this card is in your hand or GY, you can Special Summon this card, but banish it when it leaves the field. If this card is banished while your LP is higher than your opponent’s LP, you can destroy 1 card your opponent controls.

Aroma Hibernation                           Normal Trap

Shuffle all of your banished Plant-type monsters into your Deck and gain 300 LP for each, then if 5 or more monsters were returned to your Deck draw a card.

Hybridize Fusion                               Normal Spell

Fusion Summon a Plant-type Fusion Monster by banishing its Fusion Material Monsters from your field and/or GY. During your Main Phase, while this card is in your GY, you can banish this card and a Plant-type Monster from your GY and target a Plant-Type monster you control; it gains ATK equal to the original ATK of the banished monster, until the end of the turn.

Bergamot is a decent card with a nice gimmick, but it requires that Polymerization be run, or at least some form of Fusion (you have the one later but it has its own problems). It doesn't really help their speed either, meaning although it would be helpful to play, it might do more harm than good in the long run. Canaga is a more extreme example of both aspects of it, having a really interesting first effect that makes it easier to Summon, even if both are a little out of place when compared to the current MD Plants we have. Rather fun, could probably use some tweaking so that Once Per Duel isn't needed, but the main effect...its nice and all, but it's very bare bones. I'm not saying to complicate it, but using two monsters, one of which probably wasn't a Level 3, and just gaining a Quick Effect boost after I've probably used up all of my monsters getting this field in the first place...it's just not a great card. In fact, I'd say that I might play it just for the first effect, if at all.

I dunno why banishing is so prevalent later on. The only cards currently that might work here I can think of are the MD Aromaseraphy and maybe Spore. Ivy would be played for the fodder, so the last effect is just a bonus, but banishing is really out of place, at least for me, in Plants. Most of them focus around recovery and growth, so it seems like an odd means to suddenly force on them. Hybridize is obviously a Fusion Spell that has a little more reign than Poly, but I want to keep my monsters in the GY in order to take advantage of them with other cards, and the Hibernation combo is too slow and implies that Aromas are much faster than they are currently, hurting consistency more than helping it. The Fusion isn't even searchable, and you already have enough ATK solutions both with your support and the current TCG/OCG line-up.

Sorry, but while these are rather creative at times, the latter 3 really stand out in terms of flavour, and the whole line-up save for Ivy isn't really worth running in a Deck that really struggles to get on its feet on its own.

Archived