Summer 2018 Anime

http://anichart.net/Summer-2018

summer anime, unlike in the blockbuster industry, is usually known to be the slow season. getting like, at least 3 different widely anticipated sequels (kyojin, flcl, overlord) is going to be new. that said i'm  mostly just hoping they don't screw up grand blue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6BYoN7NxzA

iunno, it looks like it might adapt the manga pretty well????????

discuss teh new season

Chio-chan and Hataraku Saibou seem pretty silly, and I'll probably check them out. The former seems like an interesting new take on the typical school life type of anime, and Osmosis Jones was a fantastic movie so I'm inclined to have good feelings about the latter. Valkyria is also something I'd want to check out since although I don't know much about it, I'm a huge sucker for Norse mythology. Also Jasin-chan.

Watching:

Angels of Death

Drop Kick on My Devil

Encouragement of Climb 3 (most excited for)

Harukana Receive

High Score Girl (I'm the weird one here, not checking this out because I know the manga or are interested in the gaming aspect, but because I enjoyed Pupipo)

How NOT to Summon a Demon Lord

Island

Ongaku Shoujo (Idol-poi)

Planet With (I really need to read more Spirit Circle but for now, Mizukami-sensei's first anime involvement)

Seven Senses of the Re'Union

Shoujo☆Kageki Revue Starlight

The Master of Ragnarök & Blesser of Einherjar (LN has been rly nice)

Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs

Considering:

Asobi Asobase

Back Street Girls

Grand Blue Dreaming

Lord of Vermillion: Guren no Ou

Sunoharasou no Kanrinin-san

Whenever these threads get posted it's always really satisfying to just delete a big chunk of text from the Anime Announcement Thread.

I'm excited about the third seasons for Attack on Titan, Free!, and Overlord, and I'm kinda interested in Harukana Receive.

High Score Girl (I'm the weird one here, not checking this out because I know the manga or are interested in the gaming aspect, but because I enjoyed Pupipo)

to be fair, despite how amazingly fun the fighting games references were, the best part of HSG was how the almost grotesque artstyle combines with the story involving bratty kids so well to convey a pretty touching, kinda realistic-feeling coming-of-age story.

Archived