Oberon, Father Nature: 4000 ATK/DEF, SS from hand for free

Eshai

unknown.png

[spoiler: Oberon, Father Nature] EARTH - Level 10 - Plant/Effect - 4000 ATK/4000 DEF

Cannot be Special Summoned, except by its own effect. This Level 9 or higher card requires 3 Tributes to Tribute Summon. While this card is in your hand or GY, reduce its Level by 1 for each card in your hand. While this card's Level is 4 or lower, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand or GY). You can only Special Summon 1 "Oberon, Father Nature" from your GY per turn.

Was inspired by Mountain Giant from Hearthstone, which reduced in cost for each card in your hand. Couple things:

• If you have 6 cards in your hand you can just SS this card for free.
  • Yes this card includes itself in how many cards in hand
  • Yes you can use Level modulation (idk how you would do it)
  • Yes if you're insane you can SS 3 of these in 1 turn (9 cards in hand is dicey but probably possible)

What are you waiting for? CRUSH MY SOUL WITH YOUR CRITICISMS (but seriously though pls review)

Actually, you only need 8 cards in hand (at least two of which must be Oberon) to get 3 for free. Their Levels would all be 2, you Summon one, they're all Level 3, you Summon the second, the third is now Level 4 and freely Summonable. You can do it on 7, but that mandates that at least one is in your Graveyard.

As for actual critique, it's a cheap fat beatstick that does nothing else unless your hand is already big, which renders it a win-more card of the highest caliber. I can imagine one being a tech card in Decks that generate a lot of advantage but need a beater for whatever reason, because if you want Link/Synchro/Tribute fodder you've got better options without turning your head. It makes dead hands deader, and the best thing I can say about it is that it can occasionally do a ton of damage (and thus win games because EoM procedure) if you get one and a free Summon going second.

Tl;dr a neat concept that just doesn't do anything worth anything.

Archived