It's a Match!

Nekomata

[spoiler=Disclaimer]

- Might be an experimental card: can a Trap card have an effect that activates in the hand?

- Sorry for the super bad wording. I already have troubles with regular effects, and then this appears.

- This card could be the begin of an Archetype that works on revealing hands, taking advantage of cards like Respect Play. http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Respect_Play

Its_a_Match.jpg
[spoiler=It's a Match!]

NORMAL TRAP

This card cannot be Set. You can reveal this card in your hand and declare 1 card type (Monster, Spell or Trap): This card is treated as that type, then you can add this card to your opponent's hand. Regardless, keep it revealed. If this card is in your hand: You can choose 1 revealed card in your opponent's hand which is of the same type of this card; send that card and this card to the GY. You can only use one effect of "It's a Match!" per turn.

Wait, I didn't understand anything. How does this card work?

First of all, during your turn, you use the first effect, reveal it, declare a type, and this card "becomes" that type, but has to be kept revealed. Giving it to the opponent will make sense if I ever make an Archetype around it. Secondly, during the opponent's turn: find a way to reveal your opponent's hand, then choose a card in their hand which is of the same card type you declared last turn. It's a Match! Both cards get sent to the GY.

Basically, in the proper Deck, it can eradicate a card from the opponent's hand, 1 for 1. Remember this only works during the opponent's turn, so if you draw it at the beginning of the Duel, it's useless until the 2nd turn.

Also, it's a Trap because it needs to be slow: you have to lose a turn changing it into something else, since Traps aren't as common as Monsters or Spells.

Can the opponent use the Match effect if you give it to them?

Yes, they can. But again, that part isn't as relevant as it could be in the near future.

TL, DR: A super weird gimmicky card. Feel free to move it to Experimentals if you think this is just too odd.

Reviews and thoughts are appreciated thanks

I think it works well with "Contract with Don Thousand".

Welcome to YCM.

I know this is your first post here, but since this thread is in Advanced, you do have to explain somewhat as to how this card would function with Contract or whatever card(s) you find appropriate to pair this with. You can reference the Advanced rulebook for more details. 

Well, thoughts are welcome.

Just because that card reveals something in the hand doesn't mean it's necessarily a good synergy with this one.

However, if you run a Deck that doesn't use Spells OR doesn't need the NS, then I guess it could be an interesting combo.

Looks more of a for-fun casual card to me. The turn delay holds it back, and while 1-for-1s, and even 1-for-0s can be hella potent (e.g. negating a monster on the board or a card in the GY with Ash Blossom) the setup this card requires makes it unappealing. Even without the 1-turn delay, you have to set it up by revealing the opponent's hand to make the best out of it. Not to mention this won't help you against already established boards.

By the way, mechanic-wise you cannot target cards in the hand, AFAIK. You should be able to use the "choose" mechanic, though. Also, once you add the card to the opponent's hand, it doesn't state that it must still remain revealed. You may want to change that, just to be clear.

Archived