[SOFU] Salamangreat Falco

Dg2qSITVQAASWW1.jpg?ssl=1

SOFU-JP004 転生炎獣ファルコ Salamangrate Falco (Salamangreat Falco)
FIRE/Level 4/Cyberse/Effect
You can only use use one effect of “Salamangreat Falco” once per turn.
(1) If this card is sent to the GY: You can target 1 “Salamangreat” Spell/Trap Card in your GY; Set that card on your side of the field.
(2) While this card is in the GY: You can target 1 “Salamangreat” monster you control, except “Salamangreat Falco”; return that monster to the hand, and if you do, Special Summon this card from the GY..

1200/1600

Hm, I suppose this means you can limit your Ritual Spell usage, should you want that, knowing they have a Fusion Monster as well means that could also be quite helpful. The hand return should trigger Meer, like with the Trickstar I forget what's called, so that's also a nice little thing you can do. Their speed is improving.

Though it works with that other guy with the trickster summon effect, I still think this is unimpressive.

The second effect only being able to bounce in-archetype monsters makes it so far cry from zephyros, and despite the synergy still feels mediocre.

Thing is, this card is not bad ... on itself, the restrictions are fine and it being a re-usable (unlike zeph and more like grapha) is great as well.

The interaction with meer is unimpressive because meer is unplayable trash and this card majorly suffers from being in an insult of an archtype, though it is not this cards fault.

Thing is, this card is not bad ... on itself, the restrictions are fine and it being a re-usable (unlike zeph and more like grapha) is great as well.

The interaction with meer is unimpressive because meer is unplayable trash and this card majorly suffers from being in an insult of an archtype, though it is not this cards fault.

honestly I'm tired of the sentiment of "this card isn't bad, it's the archetype's fault.

Archetypes, metagame, and outside synergy are all components of what makes a card good or not. Beyond those, it is just a matter of how it affects card advantage, and time and again it has been shown that even cards that minus (read: about half of all ED monsters) can be fantastic.

This stuff bothered me with the latest neo spacian support, it bothered me with stuff as silly as red eyes fusion. Saying "if this were a different card, it would be good" doesn't have much meaning, because of how difficult it is to weigh the effect all the possible differences would have, and even if one can, it is only giving you hypothetical information.

This card is bad. Is it bad because it has no proper enablers, nor any functional payoff? Maybe. But that doesn't change the fact.

honestly I'm tired of the sentiment of "this card isn't bad, it's the archetype's fault.

Archetypes, metagame, and outside synergy are all components of what makes a card good or not. Beyond those, it is just a matter of how it affects card advantage, and time and again it has been shown that even cards that minus (read: about half of all ED monsters) can be fantastic.

This stuff bothered me with the latest neo spacian support, it bothered me with stuff as silly as red eyes fusion. Saying "if this were a different card, it would be good" doesn't have much meaning, because of how difficult it is to weigh the effect all the possible differences would have, and even if one can, it is only giving you hypothetical information.

This card is bad. Is it bad because it has no proper enablers, nor any functional payoff? Maybe. But that doesn't change the fact.

The support has not been fully revealed and this is definitely the last of their support, given that Soulburner is not irrelevant to the plot of VRAINS, meaning that there are likely a lot more cards to interact with it, would their support be finished already you would be right, however saying the first half of the support that has been revealed is plain unusable (apart from 2 exceptions) does not mean the other half has to be just as worthless.

The argument is that they are not closed yet, the neo-spacian support does not really count given how that kind of support functions (adding 1 or 2 cards), given that it has to single-handedly make the archtype acceptable, does not do that and does not mend their many flaws.

Those "minusing" (or rather enabling) Link Monsters already have both solid enablers and solid aims, meaning they are good, obviously, however with only a portion of the archtype being revealed you can still scrap the trash and look for the potential gems among the trash.

My point is that they are not set in stone yet and this card is a solid tool for a solid archtype, they could be that kind of archtype or not, however at this point it has to be viewed at in terms of both its own powers and the solid interactions (of which there are none (yet)).

I never said this is definitely worth playing or should be another card, just that it is not bad yet.

Edit: I just realized one cannot even use both effects in one turn, meaning this card is worse than I thought, which still does not mean that this is not usable by good support or would hold said support down, if it would be played.

The card isn't amazing on its own. But it definitely won't be bad forever.  Especially when it's basically in an archetype used by Yusaku #2 (Soulburner) who has many more duels to go in the series. This is why I'm not making a full judgment on most of these cards for awhile.

That's the thing with anime decks, you can make an initial assumption but we never know the way the writers will take. Falco is meh for now but i'm sure we've got many cards coming to help it out. Or so I hope.

Archived