Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

[TFZ] Continuing

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Twenty-five Zero Oh-oh

Twenty-five Zero Oh-oh

Member Title

• Elite Members
  • 1,882 posts
    Last Visit

Another two.. excuse the lazy cropping.

1June27-2018_zpslxjdlqx7.jpg

2June26-2018_zpsgxocgdz4.jpg

Click to join the contest!
Posted Image

Gyfts

Dae

Dae

Legendary Member

• Pretentious Prick

• 16,684 posts
    Last Visit Today, 11:20 AM
  • Alias:Dae
  • Spouse:Catman

The first one has terrible blending. The render clearly has an outline, noticeable around the hair. Seems like a mess in general, too. No coherency to it. Don't know, I don't like it. Just a bunch of shit put all over the place. Probably doesn't even need the render, might be better without it. The personality of the render doesn't entirely fit the atmosphere.

The second one is the the bomb diggity. Maybe a little too sharp, but that is tfz in a nutshell. Lighting is nicely done with the duality between the two sources. The only issue is that there is some shading on the Joker's left, lower arm, with no lighting to indicate it. The background seems to be in the way, so the shading shouldn't be there. Other than that, I love it. Chaotic. That is the tfz I know and love.

IiGVtCm.png1st_Place.png

Thar

Thar

Bruh.

• Button Masher

• 11,951 posts
    Last Visit 6 minutes ago
  • Discord:Thar#3461
  • Spouse:Yennefer

That second one is killer. Curious to see what a touch of purple lighting would do to go with his coat, then again I don't think it's needed because of the hint of contrasting orange from the left light source. The green is a nice touch as well. Though, I am noticing a hard edge on the left of what seems to be a stock background image. Maybe blur or smudge that out so it's less distracting?

Posted Image

Tormented

Tormented

Placebo Admin

• Moderators
  • 6,452 posts
    Last Visit 27 minutes ago
  • Discord:Ash#9999

Delete the first one, it seemed like an interesting concept but the execution is so poor that it just looks bad.

The second one is as mentioned by the others fantastic, I feel like the black box adds nothing to the piece though just kinda slapped on without any thought, I think I would've liked to have seen some blending/blurring on the c4d to the left but it works fine, just keeps drawing my attention a bit from the center of the piece.

"Off my chair, jester. The King sits there"

-

C A D E A U P O U R M O I

Dae

Dae

Legendary Member

• Pretentious Prick

• 16,684 posts
    Last Visit Today, 11:20 AM
  • Alias:Dae
  • Spouse:Catman

That second one is killer. Curious to see what a touch of purple lighting would do to go with his coat, then again I don't think it's needed because of the hint of contrasting orange from the left light source. The green is a nice touch as well. Though, I am noticing a hard edge on the left of what seems to be a stock background image. Maybe blur or smudge that out so it's less distracting?

Don't smudge or blur to make something less distracting. That is just lazy.

IiGVtCm.png1st_Place.png

Twenty-five Zero Oh-oh

Twenty-five Zero Oh-oh

Member Title

• Topic Starter
  • Elite Members
  • 1,882 posts
    Last Visit

I liked the background of the first but it seems I need more effort on blending the focal into the piece. I may look into fixing the lighting error on the second one later.

Though, I am noticing a hard edge on the left of what seems to be a stock background image. Maybe blur or smudge that out so it's less distracting?

That's a good catch thanks. I thought I had fixed that, but it must have occurred on multiple layers.

I feel like the black box adds nothing to the piece though just kinda slapped on without any thought

Yeah that's the lazy cropping I refer to in the post :p

Click to join the contest!
Posted Image

Gyfts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users