Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

[THR] powerhouse

Necrobump!

Guest, the last post on this topic is over 30 days old and a new post will be considered as necrobumping!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Thar

Thar

Aspiring Engineer

• Button Masher

• 12,104 posts
    Last Visit 33 minutes ago
  • Discord:Thar#3461
  • Spouse:Tormented

EDIT: Updated with shading

eqcZX2R.png

old

Edited by Thar, 17 July 2018 - 02:16 PM.

• Dad likes this

LimitedBiodegradableLadybug-size_restric

Christmas Costume

Christmas Costume

Legendary Member

• Pretentious Prick

• 16,741 posts
    Last Visit Today, 06:40 PM
  • Alias:Dae
  • Spouse:Catman and Ember (Not Really)
This is getting closer to a basic tag with the fundamentals. You still don't have lighting grasped entirely. This is a better attempt, but know that there is no shading on his right side so he lighting should be darker and there should be something blocking the source in some way. Or have the source moved over more, as it is being angled more to his right side. The source doesn't just have to be an empty void in the background. But this is close that we can understand the source and the area. Now, I want you to focus on the canvas and using the size of it to help with your tag. Placement is key for this. Look into the rule of thirds and how you can manipulate a tag to follow it. That means more than just lining things up. A trick with this is having each line be a part of the picture to direct flow and draw attention to the piece. When you're working with more elements of the piece, the rule of thirds helps to orient the picture and where each structure could fall.

IiGVtCm.png1st_Place.png
41682d2aec304c206d5c0d9ca3a4bd12.png

Thar

Thar

Aspiring Engineer

• Topic Starter
  • Button Masher

• 12,104 posts
    Last Visit 33 minutes ago
  • Discord:Thar#3461
  • Spouse:Tormented

This is getting closer to a basic tag with the fundamentals. You still don't have lighting grasped entirely. This is a better attempt, but know that there is no shading on his right side so he lighting should be darker and there should be something blocking the source in some way. Or have the source moved over more, as it is being angled more to his right side. The source doesn't just have to be an empty void in the background. But this is close that we can understand the source and the area. Now, I want you to focus on the canvas and using the size of it to help with your tag. Placement is key for this. Look into the rule of thirds and how you can manipulate a tag to follow it. That means more than just lining things up. A trick with this is having each line be a part of the picture to direct flow and draw attention to the piece. When you're working with more elements of the piece, the rule of thirds helps to orient the picture and where each structure could fall.

Cool. I updated the piece with more shading. As for the rule of thirds, I'll consider that for my next piece.

LimitedBiodegradableLadybug-size_restric

Tormented

Tormented

Placebo Admin

• Moderators
  • 6,536 posts
    Last Visit Today, 03:06 PM
  • Discord:Ash#9999

Solid piece with a decent grasp of the fundamentals, I would've liked to have seen some more depth, maybe a nice C4D in front of Galactus to help with the overall flow of things but ensuring you don't over complicate is important so that's entirely down to you.

The lighting is good but I feel it would've fit better had Galactus been to the right a bit more so the light actually hits the close left side of his body.

"Off my chair, jester. The King sits there"

-

C A D E A U P O U R M O I

Twenty-five Zero Oh-oh

Twenty-five Zero Oh-oh

Member Title

• Elite Members
  • 1,938 posts
    Last Visit Yesterday, 11:12 PM

Looks good. I like it. You can do a quick depth fix by distinguishing the shadows on the render from the shadows in the background using a lighter color layer on lighten or something behind the render.

Click to join the contest!
Posted Image

Gyfts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users