Grand Fire Emblem Tournament 4 [Nominations Closed]

Okay, all of the matches were super close. With only 1-3 votes apart each.

But the first to move on to round 3 are...

Eirika

Cormag

Hector

Inigo

Soleil

Catria

Morgan, Female

and Myrrh

Sad about Mia and Maribelle personally.

Will get the next wave up soon but internet having some issues atm

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gonna get the next matches out as soon as I can but moving on from this wave are....

Veronica, by a mere 2

Elise, by 5. Can't be made, she's good. rip clumsy maid

Sharena barely made it by 1

As did Lethe, though less votes in this one. I was fine with either moving on tbh and sad they had to face off

Sakura won by 3

Lute killed it, with 6 more votes

Same with Henry, rip memes

And Severa proves to be the better redhead.

Will try and post Polls soon. Finishing up some RP things.

But the characters moving on are...

Tana, doubling Seth in a low scoring match

Tiki, doubling Ziharks score

Neimi, by a landslide

Olivia by a good amount

Marcia by 1

Lissa by a few

Jill in a landslide

And Nino by one. So close, Ilyana, so close....

Okay so the last wave is over (Locked it a while ago after work from phone)

Moving on are...

Sanaki, more than doubling Legault. Rough match for me

Mae, also more than doubling in another rough match for myself

Genny rolled 3 higher and won

Duessel, surprisingly for me, moved on by just 1 vote

L'Arachel CRUSHED it

Ephraim crushed it not quite as hard

Katarina won by 3

And Marisa doubled Tibarn. She IS fast...

And now the round 3 participants are...

[spoiler=Round 3]Hector (Blazing Blade)

Nino (Blazing Blade)

Cormag (Sacred Stones)

Duessel (Sacred Stones)

Eirika (Sacred Stones)

Ephraim (Sacred Stones)

L'Arachel (Sacred Stones)

Lute (Sacred Stones)

Marisa (Sacred Stones)

Myrrh (Sacred Stones)

Neimi (Sacred Stones)

Tana (Sacred Stones)

Jill (Path of Radiance)

Lethe (Path of Radiance)

Marcia (Path of Radiance)

Sanaki (Radiant Dawn)

Catria (Shadow Dragon)

Tiki (Shadow Dragon)

Katarina (New Mystery of the Emblem)

Henry (Awakening)

Inigo (Awakening)

Lissa (Awakening)

Morgan, Female (Awakening)

Olivia (Awakening)

Severa (Awakening)

Elise (Fates)

Sakura (Fates)

Soleil (Fates)

Genny (Shadows of Valentia)

Mae (Shadows of Valentia)

Sharena (Heroes)

Veronica (Heroes)

I'll try and post the matches tomorrow.

We've done it, Hina. #DownWithTellius

In my case Duessel is the only FE character I really care about so alongside #DownWithTellius I access my mental grimoire as occult necrosophy formed through Gnosis to sublimate the bygone Duessel's quiet fanbase to #UpWithDuessel.

Also read Umineko.

In my case Duessel is the only FE character I really care about so alongside #DownWithTellius I access my mental grimoire as occult necrosophy formed through Gnosis to sublimate the bygone Duessel's quiet fanbase to #UpWithDuessel.

Also read Umineko.

Duessel is a character I really like, so I'll keep voting for him as long as I can.

A former co-worker of mine also really wanted me to read Umineko, but that is neither here nor there.

Alright so the first wave is over and moving on to the top 16

Sharena by 2 votes

Tana, by 1, and boy does it sting

Nino, also by 2 votes

Olivia with double her opponent's score

Marcia by 1

Jill by more than double

Myrrh also by 1

and Duessel by 2

Gonna get the next round up soon

Indifferent on Tiki vs. Sharena, but I'm okay with Sharena winning.

Tana's continuing the Sacred Stones domination, and Awakening is down by one.

I guess Veronica's new summon in FEH didn't help her much. *waits for Nino to curse my next summons*

Glad to see Olivia winning. Can't say I'll miss Henry too much.

NOOOOOO, CORMAG! Marcia must be stopped.

R.I.P. Inigo. I guess Jill is also carrying Tellius for now.

Myrrh just barely made it, but here's hoping she can keep this up.

Duessel brings down another Tellius rep. Just two more left.

Losing Veronica, Sanaki and Lissa were big hits for me. And now this round is clashing Morgan vs. Genny so that ensures I lose another of my favorites. Things are looking grim.

btfo by duessel punk suck an axe!!!

did not expect duessel to make top 16 though what a CHAD.

Since we beat you you'll join the duessel duelists now right?

Duessel is a character I really like, so I'll keep voting for him as long as I can.

A former co-worker of mine also really wanted me to read Umineko, but that is neither here nor there.

And yeah read it pls

btfo by duessel punk suck an axe!!!

did not expect duessel to make top 16 though what a CHAD.

Since we beat you you'll join the duessel duelists now right?

Not yet!

I will join if he manages to stand in the competition while all the Tellius candidates have been eliminated.

Not yet!

I will join if he manages to stand in the competition while all the Tellius candidates have been eliminated.

Okay I just want Duessel to do well cause he's the only FE character I actually care about and he's so cool but he wasn't even nominated in any previous tournaments despite being top 16 in this one. The tough part is now we're getting to all the popular twinks and waifus.

Not yet!

Kind of why I'm hoping that Duessel is the one who eliminates the Tellius candidates. However…

Okay I just want Duessel to do well cause he's the only FE character I actually care about and he's so cool but he wasn't even nominated in any previous tournaments despite being top 16 in this one. The tough part is now we're getting to all the popular twinks and waifus.

If Duessel ends up having to fight Jill, I expect Duessel to lose solely because he'd be fighting one of those popular waifus. And Jill could avenge Haar or something.

Yeah but Duessel is one of the best characters in the series.

https://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/7x1vq5/mostly_quotes_but_also_some_thoughts_on_duessel/

It confuses me how Duessel's popularity only shows when I decide to nominate him and mention him incessantly when his character is a paradigm of not only FE 8's essence, but Fire Emblem's entirely. I guess you can have waifus or hot guys win every tournament cause they're cute, but I find these characters with a literary quality much more interesting, and with profound intellectual value comes a special real-life applicability that cuteness alone doesn't have (acknowledging the consequences of your actions and following through on them, exacting your will to realize your dreams, being proud of the choices you work towards, learning from your errors, characters as allegories for macroscopic things), and, like in Gnosis, through psychic strain you can sublimate those qualities into your subconscious as theurgy to bring about changes in the world and oneself. It's very special to have characters written for these purposes because they are the essence of art itself: communication of the will from the author's heart. This is a divine virtue that pierces all time and reverberates through the breadth of humanity. Cuteness for audience appeasement is basic and ephemeral, and the author's heart is abdicated for the audience's stomach. It's not a pursuit of higher things. Duessel is a chad cause when all is said and done, what he is a vessel for will live on as a part of me and those I influence eternally. No mere waifufaggotry will ever permeate the causal aether into eternity, but those heartful characters will.

I'm surprised Roxas, a lover of red heads, has consistently voted against Jill

I mean my current avatar probably isn't helping my case here.

In Jill's case, it's mostly that she just ends up going against other characters I prefer. I've also not played the Tellius games myself, and instead watched someone else's stream of the game, so while I am familiar with the Tellius cast, I'm not necessarily as attached to those games as I am with others.

I mean I like Duessel too but it doesn't mean I don't think other characters are also good. You can claim that it's just cause "waifu and husbandos" but that doesn't mean that people don't enjoy the characters as a whole as well.

But there's not much reason to discuss that because there are many different reasons for liking a character and many ways to measure a good character.

Archived