[TCG] Danger!

ClashOfTheTitans.jpg

Danger! Bigfoot!

DARK
Beast/Effect

8/3000/0

You can reveal this card in your hand; your opponent randomly chooses 1 card from your entire hand, then you discard the chosen card. Then, if the discarded card was not “Danger! Bigfoot!”, Special Summon 1 “Danger! Bigfoot!” from your hand, and if you do, draw 1 card. If this card is discarded: You can target 1 face-up card on the field; destroy it. You can only use this effect of "Danger! Bigfoot!" once per turn.

Danger! Nessie!

DARK

Aqua/Effect

7/1600/2800

You can reveal this card in your hand; your opponent randomly chooses 1 card from your entire hand, then you discard the chosen card. Then, if the discarded card was not “Danger! Nessie!”, Special Summon 1 “Danger! Nessie!” from your hand, and if you do, draw 1 card. If this card is discarded: You can add 1 "Danger!" card from your Deck to your hand, except "Danger! Nessie!" You can only use this effect of "Danger! Nessie!" once per turn.

RunAwayRunAway.jpg

Danger!? Jackalope?
DARK

Beast/Effect

3/500/2000

You can reveal this card in your hand; your opponent randomly chooses 1 card from your entire hand, then you discard the chosen card. Then, if the discarded card was not “Danger?! Jackalope?”, Special Summon 1 “Danger!? Jackalope?” from your hand, and if you do, draw 1 card. If this card is discarded: You can Special Summon 1 "Danger!" monster from your Deck in Defense Position, except "Danger?! Jackalope?". You can only use this effect of "Danger!? Jackalope?" once per turn.

Danger! Chupacabra!

DARK
Fiend/Effect

4/1500/400

You can reveal this card in your hand; your opponent randomly chooses 1 card from your entire hand, then you discard the chosen card. Then, if the discarded card was not “Danger! Chupacabra!”, Special Summon 1 “Danger! Chupacabra!” from your hand, and if you do, draw 1 card. If this card is discarded: You can target 1 "Danger! monster in your GY, except "Danger! Chupacabra!"; Special Summon it. You can only use this effect of "Danger! Chupacabra!" once per turn.

ComeWithMe-AndYoullBe-InAWorldOfMistyObf

Realm of Danger!

Field Spell

Your opponent cannot target "Danger!" monsters you control with card effects during the turn they are Special Summoned. Once per turn: You can target 1 "Danger!" monster you control; while you control that face-up monster and this face-up card, that monster can attack directly, also your opponent's monsters cannot target that monster for attacks but does not prevent your opponent from attacking you directly.

ThisOneWritesItself.jpg

Danger! Zone

Draw 3 cards, then discard 2 cards, including at least 1 "Danger!" card, or if you have no "Danger!" cards in your hand, show your opponent your entire hand and shuffle it into the Deck. You can only activate 1 "Danger! Zone" per turn.

Knightmares

That is all.

EDIT: But in all seriousness, I'd been trying to put together a competent deck that was full-on about discarding (for costs, for effects, w/e) for two years.  But the monster lineup all was just never strong enough to even put up a casual fight.  With these both facilitating discard plays and being discard fuel in of themselves, I think the deck can actually have a real foundation.  So... yeah, I'm probably having an exceptionally biased look towards these.  I haven't actually been so personally excited about the potential and chomping at the bit to test out what an archetype could do since Juunishishi!

As for these in general, they are somehow both self-contained (most of their effects being archetype-restricted), yet splashable because of how easy it is to (potentially) summon these.  They pay for themselves when SS'd by their effect, and there's no restrictions on how they can be used aside from their HOPT.  If they get more good monsters, these can be played as a large SS engine to facilitate all kinds of plays.  In a pure deck, I'm thinking Spellbook engine for more draws/solid ways of summoning these (since the NS doesn't matter and the extra draws would be really good).

...But really though, Knightmares.  They make perfect fuel, both to summon (since their summon doesn't lose you advantage, just transfers it to the field), and to discard (making even non-Co-Linked Knightmares plus from their discard effects).  And they don't get in the way of stuff that may need or want as many NS's as possible.  If these get going (and if they get more monsters), I could definitely see Danger! Knightmares! getting into Tier 1, minimum.

Jackalope wins because of how unsure they are that it’s dangerous.

The Archetype's naming theme as a whole is quite amusing, but yes, Jackalope(?) takes the cake so far.

Now I'm curious as to what other cryptids they may use for future "Danger!" monsters; Mothman could be a good pick, as would the Wendigo, Yeti (unless Bigfoot already negates that), Thunderbird, etc..  And being a Jerseyan, I'd especially have a laugh if they were to ever include the Jersey Devil.

the field is seems lame though. if not because that trap (or possible upcoming S/T line up) maybe i built this with Sekka Engine

that being said this guys seems crazy. the discard triggered from both cost and effects resolution and hardly miss timing.

All I needed was a card called Danger Zone, thank you so much, Archer would be proud.

Anyway, the theme is both odd, yet generic as hell, feels a lot like something I would make, heh. The Special Summon is odd, but works well with what they want to do, even if you don't get what you want, you still get a bonus, so that's not too bad, Knigtmare was mentioned, which can be good, they don't need their Normal Summon either, so they can really free up space. Interesting they are all also DARK, trying to figure if there's something to do with that, but so far I can't find anything too useful. Also, it's weird that they are both discard themed and based on mythical creatures just like Fabled, except these are DARK.

The Archetype's naming theme as a whole is quite amusing, but yes, Jackalope(?) takes the cake so far.

Now I'm curious as to what other cryptids they may use for future "Danger!" monsters; Mothman could be a good pick, as would the Wendigo, Yeti (unless Bigfoot already negates that), Thunderbird, etc.. And being a Jerseyan, I'd especially have a laugh if they were to ever include the Jersey Devil.

I was hoping they made an Oklahoma Octopus

Gotta say that Bigfoot looks like he could've been one of the Baboon of the Forest monsters, like Green, Red, and Yellow.

These are pretty neat, though the whole random discard thing is pretty amusing since you've got to reveal the Danger! monster first. Also Danger! is an amazing archetype name and I hope Konami makes many more with names like it, especially since we got a Danger! Zone. I have 0 doubts that that name was an accident.

I love these! They remind me of Kaiju - generic monsters with wacky self summon effects. It's annoying how they're all high rarity... TCG exclusives are always pricey at first.

Bigfoot! and Jackalope! being Beast-Type is really awesome for the Beast deck I was making. Nessie! should have been a Sea-Serpent IMO.

I kind of feel like the summon effects should have been quick, or maybe "in your opponent's turn", so you can ambush your opponent with them. But at the same time I'm glad they're not because that's too many hand-traps.

I love these! They remind me of Kaiju - generic monsters with wacky self summon effects. It's annoying how they're all high rarity... TCG exclusives are always pricey at first.

Bigfoot! and Jackalope! being Beast-Type is really awesome for the Beast deck I was making. Nessie! should have been a Sea-Serpent IMO.

I kind of feel like the summon effects should have been quick, or maybe "in your opponent's turn", so you can ambush your opponent with them. But at the same time I'm glad they're not because that's too many hand-traps.

If they were quick effects I would punch my opponent in the mouth for ripping 4 cards out of my hand with gumblar for no drawback

Archived