ABC Gun

Artwork: https://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=73206

Zdd0lY2.png
Salamangreat Inferno Garuda (Cyberse/FIRE/Link/Effect/ATK 3000/LINK-4)
Link Arrows: ↑ ↙ ↓ ↘
2+ "Salamangreat" monsters
Other monsters you control cannot attack, except "Salamangreat" monsters. While you control this card that was Link Summoned by using "Salamangreat Inferno Garuda" as material, your opponent cannot activate card effects in the hand or GY. At the start of the Damage Step, if a "Salamangreat" monster you control attacks: You can destroy 1 other card in that monster's column, and if you do, if this card is pointing to that attacking monster; banish 1 card from your opponent's hand or GY after damage calculation (at random from their hand). You can only use this effect of "Salamangreat Inferno Garuda" once per turn.

[spoiler=Design]An Anti hand and GY Floodgate as well as a field control card, this is the newest boss for the Salamangreat monsters from the VRAINS anime. It stops all other monsters you control from attacking that are not Salamangreat monsters, its this way to prevent OTKs from occurring using this card (but I'm sure someone can figure out a way around this). If it was "Reincarnation Link Summoned" (https://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Reincarnation_Link_Summon), it shuts down cards like Ash Blossom & Joyous Spring in the hand or any effect that activates in your opponent's GY, this means if your opponent wants to finish you in a Duel they have to either get rid of Garuda or use effects of cards on the field or even those that are banished, no exemptions. The last effect is the most fun, as it allows you to potentially destroy any card your opponent controls as well as banish 1 card for free from your opponent's hand or GY. However, to banish a card this way, your attacking monster must be able to inflict battle damage to your opponent, so if you destroy an opponent's monster that your monster is attacking, then you do not get to banish anything; of course if it attacks directly, you can still banish a card after that damage calculation.

Just a thing to note out on this is that Salamangreats are all Cyberse Monsters which would throw a bit of a constancy issue with type support with this being a Pyro.

Aside from that fact it locks your opponent out of hand traps on Reincarnation Link Summon and also goes to destroy cards on the field and banish cards from the hand and grave making this quite a powerhouse.

Him making a Pyro was probably a design oversight or he just forgot; then again, the current Salamangreat supports don't explicitly mention Cyberse as an added requirement. Not that you should expect to see any changes with that anytime soon, but it shouldn't be too much of an issue (that this isn't a Cyberse; otherwise, it's a simple fix and he just has to modify the written details).

As for the card itself, it's already begging you to use Sanctuary to summon this for the lock. Granted, I suppose they got enough fuel to go make Heatleo as they are, but unsure about them going Link 4 while laddering from Heatleo + whatever other Salamangreat you get; least at this time. At least it's nice to give the finger towards hand traps and whatnot if it's out (and you've already done this). Other effect seems okay for now, albeit their lineup isn't particularly impressive at the moment and you'll probably want either this, Heatleo or Emerald Eagle when running stuff over.

It should be fine for the time being. 

Just a thing to note out on this is that Salamangreats are all Cyberse Monsters which would throw a bit of a constancy issue with type support with this being a Pyro.

Aside from that fact it locks your opponent out of hand traps on Reincarnation Link Summon and also goes to destroy cards on the field and banish cards from the hand and grave making this quite a powerhouse.

I honestly didn't know they were all Cyberse, thanks for pointing that out. I might fix this later, again thanks for telling me (of course with my luck Konami will make a whole slew of Pyro Type Salamangreat monsters by the time I fix this card).

Just fixed its Type, its now Cyberse.

Archived