[SOFU] Mystic Fuldra

DhQJu90UcAA3fQa.jpg?w=1200&ssl=1

Mystic Fuldra
Level 5 DARK
Spellcaster/Effect
If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can discard 1 card; Apply one of the following effects depending on the type of the card that was discarded:
• Monster: Add 1 Trap Card from your GY to your hand.
• Spell: Add 1 Monster Card from your GY to your hand.
• Trap: Add 1 Spell Card from your GY to your hand.
You can only activate this effect of "Mystic Fuldra" once per turn.
ATK/1500 DEF/2400

Discarding a Trap is pretty much the best deal, IMO, since you trade a card that normally is 1 turn slow for one that you can activate right away, not to mention the handful of "power Spells" available.

Oh wait, it adds from the GY. Meh, I assumed it was from the Deck. It's not nearly as good as I thought then. Its Level 5 wasn't helping its case, anyway.

it's a spellcaster, so it has all the inherent support that comes with that. summoning a level 5 spellcaster is by no means difficult, and as one of the most supported types in the game, you can definitely find a deck where this will. if not thrive, then at least have reasonable usage. The potential to add literally anything in your grave back to hand, is a pretty good deal, assuming you draw this turn two or later, you should already have something in grave that you could want back. and things like dark veil or magical dimension (or DM support in general) make this pretty easy to drop.

It looks more of a casual card to me. It does get plenty of support as a DARK/Spellcaster (Dark Renewal, Startime Magician, the aforementioned Magical Dimension, etc.) but it's held back by the effect depending on both what you have in your GY and in your hand.

Funnily enough, looks like it indirectly supports Dangers!, since it can discard a Danger! monster and make it float while recovering Danger! Zone.

I would say Dark Magician, but they've already got consistency issues without adding another level 5 to the mix..

But hey, now they've got "discard different cards to do different things".  I hope they expand on that mechanic as a whole.

Archived