Mecha Phantom Beast Heronsmith (An Aerial Ace Above All Alternate....WIND Links)

Never before has 11 words at the end of a monster's first sentence helped rein in what could have otherwise been so utterly OP.

mecha_phantom_beast_heronsmith_by_bdscep

[spoiler=Mecha Phantom Beast Heronsmith: Info]

WIND/Machine-Type Link Effect Monster/Link-2/1000 ATK

Link Arrows: Right, Bottom Right

Lore: 2 Machine monsters, including a "Mecha Phantom Beast Token"

When this card is Link Summoned in the Extra Monster Zone: You can Special Summon 3 "Mecha Phantom Beast Tokens" (Machine/WIND/Level 3/ATK 0/DEF 0), including 1 to a zone this card points to, but you cannot Link Summon for the rest of this turn. Cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects while you control a Token. Once per turn: You can Tribute 1 Token; take 1 "Mecha Phantom Beast" monster from your Deck, and either add it to the hand or Special Summon it if it is a Level 3 monster. The original ATK of all Tokens you control becomes 2000 while your opponent controls a monster. 

also thank goodness most of the generic Machine ATK-jacking effects are either Archetype locked or

ban_hammer_pixel__by_bdsceptyr-dcgbd8a.g

(guess how much mileage I'll be getting out of this gif)

chest-thumping besides, the power of this card comes from what you do after you get your free Borrelink fodder Tokens. Sacking one to get Hamstrat or Blue Impala to the field and make use of the otherwise lacking Mecha Phantom Beasts in the hand/GY all over again is nice, especially with a field stacked all up to help them pull off their effects comfortably. Jumping up the Tokens' ATK to Galaxy-Tomahawk Battle Token level while keeping them from putting that power to direct attacks? Also awesomesauce.

But both, on a like Raitan can make on one discard to keep the losses MPB's make in plays to a minimum and bringing their summon potential to a new height? Priceless.

There are some things 1 good card can't save (coughWeatherPainterRainbowcoughSpaceGiftcoughSubterrorFinalBattlecough). For everything else, there's Heronsmith. 

Until the next card folks, and the readjustment of my sleep schedule to not nod off for 25 minutes in the process of typing this fool card up, reviews, revelry, you know the drill.

BD'S signing off. 

ALSO, HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY FOLKS!

I mean, it's not like you were even going to summon this outside MPBs anyway for the most part (even if you tech Olion and suppose Tetherwolf now in other Machine decks). 

The Token generation effect is nice and goes well enough with providing Tribute food to either fuel stuff like Megaraptor's searching (and trigger off its own effect). Raiten, as you already mentioned, makes getting this out quickly and triggering other stuff. I do appreciate the fact that it does make your Tokens actually do stuff instead of being used for Tribute/shield purposes (even if your opponent needs to control a monster). As far as the searching thing goes, MPB really do need another searcher as Megaraptor, while still relatively good, does have its limitations. As far as the Level 3 targets for this are, you literally only care about Hamstrat most of the time for revival. Impala has some use for pure Synchro builds if you aren't running the Speedroid hybrid models, but that's it (least you technically get easy Jaculuslan without having to go Olion + some Level 4 MPB). The other three, you don't bother with too much (if at all). I'll admit that the no Link Summon thing sucks, but suppose with how crazy stuff can get nowadays, I suppose you do need it (and not like they can't just make whatever ED boss they need, or use the excess to recharge Aerial).

Personally, I do think you could raise its ATK slightly (idk, maybe to 1400-1500) and it won't push this card over the edge. 

Besides that, card is fine and least gives the Deck an in-archetype boss that doesn't suck (unlike Bellcat, which is terrible and not even in here). 

Archived