[SOFU] Sky Striker Maneuver – Vectored Blast

Dha7CMvV4AY-90y.jpg?ssl=1

Sky Striker Maneuver – Vectored Blast
Normal Spell Card
If you control no monsters in your Main Monster Zones: Send the top 2 cards of both player’s Decks to the GY, then if you have 3 or more Spells in your GY, you can return all monsters your opponent controls in the Extra Monster Zone back to the Deck.

This is... interesting.

It isn’t outstanding, but it seems like a solid option for the engine due to 1-of tech with non-targeting removal that can acceperate some decks.

Actually, seems fine in the “pure” deck, too.

Outs Knightmare/etc. locks, which is gucci.

EDIT: funk you iblee

It also gives you the EMZ bounce if you happen to mill your third Spell I believe (if you didn’t have 3 in-grave already).

I really cant see it being all that good though just because the scope is pretty narrow. The mill 2 is ok, but it really isn’t practical, especially when most decks that appreciate milling use it to put monsters on board. Ideally, this would be helpful for getting out from under EMZ locks, but that could end up being difficult anyway as you might not be able to grave 3 Spells and have this in hand (especially if one of the cards on field is a negater).

Most wide scope will end up being this bouncing 1 ED monster, which I suppose is alright, but even that varies in usefulness. Wish it was quick-play...

+2 mill that can possibly 1-turn setup the Sky Striker Spells, while providing more and better outs to the Borrelinks and Knightmares plaguing us all? Yes plz.

I do wish to address this before I continue, to better illustrate how I feel this card has stealth value as it pertains to the future of Sky Strikers and the TCG banlist.

It also gives you the EMZ bounce if you happen to mill your third Spell I believe (if you didn’t have 3 in-grave already).

I really cant see it being all that good though just because the scope is pretty narrow. The mill 2 is ok, but it really isn’t practical, especially when most decks that appreciate milling use it to put monsters on board. Ideally, this would be helpful for getting out from under EMZ locks, but that could end up being difficult anyway as you might not be able to grave 3 Spells and have this in hand (especially if one of the cards on field is a negater).

Most wide scope will end up being this bouncing 1 ED monster, which I suppose is alright, but even that varies in usefulness. Wish it was quick-play...

Methinks that this not being a Quick-Play is by intent, especially considering how insane Widow Anchor is in pure-and some hybrid-Sky Striker builds, in putting down Drancia-level combos interruptus against the opponent.

I talked of this with a close friend, Nathaniel, and this was his primary reason towards his antipathy that hitting Sky Striker Mobilize - Engage! would solve the Deck's issues, if any-as the OCG has done recently. Again, the third rule of BD'S's Credos for Cardmaking © applies here-its not that Engage! searches that breaks it, IT'S WHAT ENGAGE! SEARCHES.  And considering any search it does can be repeated with Kagari anyhow, even 1 of any Sky Striker card is all they often need. Not all they should have, heavens no, but it's all that's necessary to go off with it.

So likely, the two targets that TCG'll hit will either be Hornet Drones, or Widow Anchor, and I lean towards the latter because it'll serve a purpose of this Deck's attrition strategy being solely focused on your turn. Which is where this comes in-pure and hybrid Decks alike can use this to cleverly out boards of problem Extra Deck monsters that normally they couldn't touch with the old killspells Raigeki or Dark Hole-or even Sky Striker's own Afterburner/Jamming Wave. It may not be bigger board-breaking, but its quite possibly better board-breaking.

7.7/10 from moi, seems a 1-of, but a staple 1-of. 

For Sky Strikers it does-but yeah, that statement was misleading- I meant it milled 2, a specific advantage for a Deck that needs Spells in the Graveyard past. An honest error.

That's not how works for any deck. When people say +x or -y, they're referring exclusively to the number of cards on the field and in the hand. Everything else is not in consideration. Removing cards from the deck is not a plus or a minus in any context. Even in the context of "My end game is to deck you out", they aren't using cards that nickle-and-dime like this; they're going for big money.

I think we should all focus less on what made up technical terms mean, and more on the card, and/or game. What BDS refers to is often called tempo. Though it may not increase the number of cards you have directly on-hand, it puts you ahead in the game. Another term for this is advantage.

I admit, I was annoyed too when I saw him say +2, but I'm pretty sure we can put out better content and discussion than hounding someone on the definition of the word advantage.

As for the card itself, since that's what the thread is for, it helps strikers to land their additional effects without opening engage. Additionally, it gives kagari a little bit more utility, increasing her options. Not to mention this is actually a pretty damn good out to particularly sticky bosses, like superbolt. Feels like more than a one-of to me. The deck has plenty of advantage, it's fine going -1 to accelerate the game plan like this does.

Archived