Superbolt Thunder Dragon

SuperboltThunderDragon-SOFU-JP-OP.png

“Thunder Dragon” + 1 Thunder monster
Must either be Fusion Summoned, or Special Summoned by Tributing 1 non-Fusion Thunder Effect Monster during a turn that a Thunder monster’s effect was activated in the hand (in which case you do not use “Polymerization”). Your opponent cannot add cards from their Deck to their hand, except by drawing them. If this card would be destroyed by battle or card effect, you can banish 1 Thunder monster from your GY instead.

This card is absolutely ridiculously unfair. Its deck sucks, but between how hard it is to kill this card and the ability to actually regain advantage in doing so, it can force you out of a turn with relative ease.

I’m not exactly sure how the gold sarc engine looks, but I know a good amount of players are looking to this as being a format definer, and I’m inclined to agree.

This might very well be format definer, though I disagree on its deck sucking (though I will admit teching them is not incredibly easy).

Based on the Invoked/Thunder Dragon variant, which only needs to field a single thunder dragon + the one to summon either this or the light fusion, their inability to flood as much sould be less of an issue.

The fact that Aleister the Meltdown Invoker + Invoked Mechaba + either a second Mechaba, this or the other Thunder Dragon fusion is incredibly easy to accomplish should actually speak for itself.

The Gold Sarc engine should actually be Thunder Dragon Lightning + Thunder Dragon Beast to enable both the discard and the fielded material.

(Not to mention that based on the low amount of required materials in the Invoked variant Instant Fusion can really shine to field either of the thunder dragon fusions).

Run non-destruction removal. The card isn't all that easy to just splash since you need a thunder monster on field. Rai-oh works I guess

Also black the old topic isn't 30 days old, so a new topic isn't needed

It’s a dual topic, it’s over 2 weeks old, and it’s on page 2.

“Run non-destruction removal” is a given, but that doesn’t change how stupidly potent it is. And idk why you would run rai-Oh when you can just run a gold sarc engine.

“Run non-destruction removal” is a given

It's also an issue of "easier said than done". Ready, even consistent access to a card that can out a threat such as this without destroying it is... really only something a few decks can benefit from. A Kaiju engine has been hurt thanks to the banlist, and so far I've only seen something like Sky Strikers have the option of a card that can readily dispose of it, if it's in the EMZ at all.

Vanity's was a problem even with a wealth of options to deal with it. While this doesn't nearly strike that sort of impact, it's still going to be a "Great Magnus Lite" and really hurt a lot of decks for going second.

Archived