I tried to make a Cover Card (Firewall Breach Dragon)

ABC Gun

Artwork: https://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=4253496

RW0faXu.png
Firewall Breach Dragon (Cyberse/LIGHT/Link/Effect/ATK 3000/LINK-5)
Link Arrows:
2 Cyberse monsters, including at least 1 "Firewall Dragon"
Must be Link Summoned. During your Main Phase: You can, immediately after this effect resolves; Link Summon 1 LINK-3 or higher Cyberse Link Monster, using only monsters this card points to as material. You cannot Normal Summon/Set or Special Summon monsters the turn you activate this effect, except Cyberse monsters. If this card is co-linked with a Cyberse Link Monster(s) (Quick Effect): You can shuffle 1 monster this card points to into the Deck. Your opponent cannot activate cards or effects in response to this effect's activation. You can only use 1 "Firewall Breach Dragon" effect per turn, and only once that turn.

[spoilersDesign]I've already done this kind of card before but this time with a different overall theme and strategy. You'll notice something a bit "odd" about his Link Arrow placement; three out of five are pointing towards your opponent, but there's a really good and cunning reason for this. Its for its first effect to basically Link Summon any LINK-3 or higher Cyberse Link Monster by using your opponent's monsters as Link Materials, so you'll basically be Link Summoning most of the Code Talkers with this effect especially Decode Talker and Powercode Talker, or of course any LINK-3 or higher Cyberse that you could Link Summon using whatever monsters your opponent controls that this card points to. Its last effect is supposed to compensate for Firewall Dragon being at 1 on the banlist. In effect as long as it is co-linked with a Cyberse Link Monster (one easy way is to have Decode Talker in the Extra Monster Zone), you can then shuffle any monster it is pointing to into the Deck, and your opponent can't stop it as they cannot activate anything in response. This is a trade off for what the first Firewall Dragon does as it can return multiple monsters on the field or in the GY to the hand, this card only shuffles 1 monster it points to into the Deck but nothing can be activated to counter it.

I like this one. An amazing upgrade for Firewall Dragon after using its bouncing effect and being done with the swarming through its other effect, if you are not going for an FTK/OTK already. Performing a Link Summon with opponent's monster and making its spinning effect live for the following turns would be such a nasty good thing to do. I would say it is somewhat balanced by requiring to point its targets, giving a way for the opponent to play around it, even if it would be limited to 2 MM Zones.

Archived